• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM087: A Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Devours Radiance!!

Well, this episode was boring, because i wanted to see Nebby, Lunala and Necrozma so badly.

Oh well, maybe Next week it's going to be cool as the previous episode.
@BraixenFennekin
Yeah, it will be the reminiscent battle of Zygarde all over again. Where Nebby will sacrifice itself to freed it mate, Lunala. Before escape back into Ultra Megalopolis to assume it true original form.

This was clearly more of a setup episode for the rest of the arc.

Ishizuka is greeting us from beyond the grave...

Is Ash seriously doing those Pokémon puns on Samson Oak's behalf? If so, smooth, kid. Really smooth...

Is Faba playing with a Game Boy Advance?

Is it just me, or is the symbol Poipole drew slightly different from when it was shown in the first preview?

Team Rocket is on its way! This is going to be so good!

I guess Jessie and James are affected, after all. Makes sense.

Lillie had drawn "Ice Stone + Alolan Vulpix = Alolan Ninetales" on the blackboard. Nice foreshadowing.

The Black Ranger has arrived!

Epicness is about to ensue... Aaand a cliffhanger! Naturally...
Also, Ultra Megalopolis is a complete wasteland instead of Futuristic City. That is a huge disappointment. Why? because, it is the same place where Poipole and Naganedel. And I was right all along!
Who's to say that the city won't still be there? It more than likely encompasses only a part of the dimension. Please don't overreact.

Last edited:
Poor Mamane, her mother is too lazy to make food for him. And apparently Mamane is too lazy to make his own food?
He's lucky that others bring these extra food to the school, for some reason.
Hey, they actually remember Alolan Nyasu.
Suiren's father look like Mao's father. Weird.
Someone look like Kojiro is also a TR member.
Pretty dialog heavy episode. Need subs.
Solgaleo looks like Hoshigumo's parent, not Hoshigumo himself. But the next episode preview imply he's Hoshigumo himself?
Sauboh is clearly not lazy like other adults, unless they imply that playing with Gameboy is an effect of being lazy...
Who's voicing the Principal?
Musashi and Kojiro are confirmed to be adults, as they're lazy as well.
Is Gozu male or female, looks female but Bulbapedia are referring Gozu as he
She's obviously a tomboy. A very masculine one with eyepatch.
PkmnTrainerV said:
I think we should wait before saying they forgot about him since this series is good on working with recurring characters.
How so? They clearly forgot to add him in her previous appearance. His appearance in this episode doesn't change that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was clearly more of a setup episode for the rest of the arc.

Ishizuka is greeting us from beyond the grave...

Is Ash seriously doing those Pokémon puns on Samson Oak's behalf? If so, smooth, kid. Really smooth...

Is Faba playing with a Game Boy Advance?

Is it just me, or is the symbol Poipole drew slightly different from when it was shown in the first preview?

Team Rocket is on its way! This is going to be so good!

I guess Jessie and James are affected, after all. Makes sense.

Lillie had drawn "Ice Stone + Alolan Vulpix = Alolan Ninetales" on the blackboard. Nice.

The Black Ranger has arrived!

Epicness is about to ensure... Aaand a cliffhanger! Naturally...

Who's to say that the city won't still be there? It more than likely encompasses only a part of the dimension. Please don't overreact.
@FinnishPokéFan92
That because, it all already written. If there is a city there, Ultra Recon Squad should had make the entry of the series long before this episode occurred.

Also, the landscape that is very similar that appears in Poipole dream. Which not also imply is the exactly same location, where Multiple Poipole lives.

Which in conclusion, the place is DEFINITELY Ultra Megalopolis, 100% no doubt about it.

@FinnishPokéFan92
That because, it all already written. If there is a city there, Ultra Recon Squad should had make the entry of the series long before this episode occurred.

Also, the landscape that is very similar that appears in Poipole dream. Which not also imply is the exactly same location, where Multiple Poipole lives.

Which in conclusion, the place is DEFINITELY Ultra Megalopolis, 100% no doubt about it.
I wasn't denying your claim at any point! I said that this could very well be the same dimension, just not the same location in said dimension where the city is located.

This episode was decent for the beginning of the Necrozma arc. It was nice seeing Lana's father making his first appearance in this series, Team Rocket Unit is on its way to Alola, Gladion as a black Ultra Guardian with a Ride Pokemon Noivern, and everyone in Alola, except kids were all sleepy and tired. It's a good way to start the arc now.

I watched the episode myself. It was kinda slow in built-up tbh. Finaly Lana used her Z-Move again. But it was fine. That slapstick part was not needed tbh. 7/10 one of the better episodes

So instead of bringing Cassidy and Butch back they decided to create this random Team Rocket squad that we will never hear from again after the whole Necrozma issue is over. Talk about wasted potential. Oh well at least Matori is finally doing something useful I guess. BTW did Giovanni or any of the other Team Rocket members actually say her name in this episode? Cause if they did then the English dub will have no choice but to finally cough it up after they tried to hide from it for so long.

Okay. Don't know where to begin. My heart was beating like crazy. It was a slow start, but it's the first ep of the arc so I'm fine with it. It was funny seeing so many people at Oranguru's and finally seeing Lana's dad even if a little. When I saw Team Rocket show up with Matori and the Alolan Meowth I really got psyched. Necrozma is cool and I know I it's weird, but I couldn't help getting a sense of it being beautiful in Lillie's story. Oh yeah and this episode made me like Gladion even more, didn't think it was possible. This is maybe the closest we will ever get to him face faulting and I loved that part so much. Again I don't want to sound like a broken record but I love his uniform so much more than everyone else just because it's more practical looking, like it has better protection, but whatever I just love that he is basically the sixth ranger (even though there's seven of them). Oh great the audio stopped when I was at the end. Oh well. Great start, can't wait for the next episode.

So instead of bringing Cassidy and Butch back they decided to create this random Team Rocket squad that we will never hear from again after the whole Necrozma issue is over. Talk about wasted potential. Oh well at least Matori is finally doing something useful I guess. BTW did Giovanni or any of the other Team Rocket members actually say her name in this episode? Cause if they did then the English dub will have no choice but to finally cough it up after they tried to hide from it for so long.
Actually they revealed her name in SM12. And this has been said many times before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seriously forgotten Gigavolt Havoc was still even a thing.

It’s been this long since Ash has even used it.

Anyways this is pretty much the buildup episode and a decent way to kick things off. Here’s hoping the ending of this whole Ultra Guardian story-line can live up.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom