• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP21: This Magik Moment!

WTP is Magikarp

Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Emily Cramer
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Gary Littman
Suzy Myers
Samara Naeymi
Lisa Ortiz
Ben Phillips
Lori Phillips
Billy Regan
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Caroline Spinola
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson
Allen Winter

Gary Littman
Lazar’s actor? Back in my Pokemon?

Lisa Ortiz, how do you do this? o_O

Cool to see Allen Winter get a role too, he’s a pretty cool guy from what I’ve seen on Twitter.

Got round to watching the dub, was quite fun to watch, Hymes, Soler and Reyes did a great job voicing their characters in the film

Loved getting to hear Hitmonlee's voice, had trouble hearing Hitmonchan's though

It's Kenichi he voices.

Thanks, Japanese names aren't my cup of tea so had trouble telling who was who

Am I the only one who feels like the dub totally bungled the Alola Drinkyun transformation sequence?

I thought the voices were perfect throughout, though this is my opinion

[stare]
[stare]
[FLOP FLOP FLOP]
lololol

WTP is Magikarp
Read by Lana/Lillie/Mallow.

The episode is now out in the States. Waiting for subtitles to hopefully clarify Karpy's "unconfirmed" moves.
These?
"You won't win!" -> [furious]
(girls are thrown back) -> [Hydro Pump Move]
"Hey, I know this!" = [exertion] (Turtonator's Flamethrower, though the captions call it "[Flame Thrower Move]")
(Team Rocket) = [Hyper Beam Attack]/[Hyper Beam Move]

[stare]
[stare]
[FLOP FLOP FLOP]
lololol

Read by Lana/Lillie/Mallow.

These?
"You won't win!" -> [furious]
(girls are thrown back) -> [Hydro Pump Move]
"Hey, I know this!" = [exertion] (Turtonator's Flamethrower, though the captions call it "[Flame Thrower Move]")
(Team Rocket) = [Hyper Beam Attack]/[Hyper Beam Move]
Cool, at least the girls read the WTP without boys around. @BigDocFan, can you add Lillie, Lana and Mallow reading WTP to the trivia?

It's crazy, I've been watching Wedding Peach recently, an anime that OLM co-produced back in the 90s, and there are many references to it in this episode! I inserted some trivia to reflect this, which I think is especially important considering how OLM also works for Pokémon. Such as the scene of Mallow, Lana, and Lillie drinking their beverages before transforming. This closely resembles the heroines of Wedding Peach as they drink from wine glasses all at once during their "group motto".

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom