• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN021: Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Information comes from Serebii

Set to air April 12th

No episode title yet.

Satoshi
Let's get strong together!!
Get a new Pokemon, Aim for Class Up!?

Satoshi is still lacking in skill!
He needs to train his Pokemon and find new friends!

Satoshi who looks after the egg. It is the birth of a new friend!?

What is born from this egg?
Balkie, Sarunori, Messon, Gonbe, or Riolu?

The correct answer will be on April 12th broadcast!

Satoshi's Pokemon
Those are his three friends, Kairyu and Gengar who he met from the trip.
Kairyu, Gengar, Pikachu

New translation involving Go

Go This Month:
His partner Hibanny has evolved!!
While training to develop its own personal version of "Ember", Hibanny changed form. But did its friendship with Go evolve a bit too...?
*Go is Satoshi's friend, he has a burning passion for getting Pokémon.

Well, only one of those choices can evolve into Kanto Pokemon that Ash doesn't own, so we all know which one it'll be /s

Hoping for Riolu, if not the color scheme of the egg is suggesting Sobble

That Egg looks like a 10 km Egg from GO, heavily suggesting it'll be Riolu.

10 km eggs from Pokemon Go are purple though, the mystery egg is more on the blue side

Hoping for Riolu, if not the color scheme of the egg is suggesting Sobble

REALLY hoping for Sobble. Its anime debut is LONG overdue.

Plus, this puts me in the minority, but I DON'T want Ash to get Riolu/Lucario. I prefer they go to guest characters, preferably special ones (though fornicate Cameron)

Then again, I never wanted him to have Dragonite or Gengar either, so... -_-

Plus, this puts me in the minority, but I DON'T want Ash to get Riolu/Lucario. I prefer they go to guest characters, preferably special ones (though fornicate Cameron)

You don't want Ash to catch fan favorites?

Although Riolu/Lucario might be overused and shilled a lot, Ash is long overdue one ever since the Sinnoh Riolu two-parter (much less M08). What I am hopeful about is that image associates both Sobble and Grookey with Ash and hint that he might get them both down the line (I don't see Gou getting either of them at all, not to mention that they'll be wasted on him like Scorbunny was), but they need proper introductions instead of an egg hatching. You know, like how professor did in the past?

Last edited:
You don't want Ash to catch fan favorites?
Don't know about him. But personally for me, I go against anything that is Fan-Fic like which really is what this series has been doing with these Ash-Captures. While I'm all in for Ash getting a Strong Team, I'd like it the way he did in Kalos by training all of them one-by-one or like in Sinnoh where all his Pokémon had plot lines over them learning new moves. While Dragonite & Gengar could go for similar plot-lines but judging by what the Producer has said about the episodes being self-contained, how the Pokémon already seem OP and how most of the non-traveling episodes seem to be focusing on Go growing and new captures, I won't hold my breath. I do think Riolu will or at least hopefully get some development before evolving into Lucario but I'm also skeptical about that because of Scorbunny evolving in Episode 17 rather quickly itself. I do agree with the previous poster, that it was long overdue for Ash to get Riolu. However this really lessens the chance for fresh and original captures. Lucario, a decade-year old Pokémon will surely be the star of Ash's Team instead of a Galar Mon. What is not wrong about that? At this point I'm thinking we'll either get Ash with 10 or more Powerhouse Pokemon with less development, or Ash with 6 Pokemon with Original Personalities, Decent Development and Galar standing out. I'd rather have the latter.

Last edited:
I go against anything that is Fan-Fic like which really is what this series has been doing with these Ash-Captures.
The problem with this mentality is the assumption that fans threatened the Pokemon company to give them what they want. OR even that fans themselves of the show cannot become part of the anime production, or rather the people making the show aren't fans of certain ideas.

Pokemon is made by people and suggesting those people didn't want Ash with these Pokemon and qualifying it as "fan favorite or even fan fiction" is extremely bizarre logic because the very concept of what is "fan fiction" is WHOLLY subjective, and this is an entirely different situation to canon, non-canon, head canon, fan canon. A person writing a story of Ash getting a Riolu who is NOT part of the production team, you could argue that as "fan fiction" but how can you call it "Fan fiction" if the producers themselves write the story of Ash getting Riolu? How is it fan fiction or close to fan fiction, if bias plays a huge role in deciding something is fan fiction or not.

The concepts of underrated or overrated DO NOT actually exist. It's always going to be subjective and highly opinion based, and the idea that anything can be regarded as factual in those concepts is weird. It's okay to dislike Pokemon as much as liking a Pokemon, but I don't understand the need to throw people under the bus for having the opposite opinion.

While I'm all in for Ash getting a Strong Team, I'd like it the way he did in Kalos by training all of them one-by-one or like in Sinnoh where all his Pokémon had plot lines over them learning new moves. While Dragonite & Gengar could go for similar plot-lines but judging by what the Producer has said about the episodes being self-contained, how the Pokémon already seem OP and how most of the non-traveling episodes seem to be focusing on Go growing and new captures, I won't hold my breath.
The problem has always been what they've shown, to what this series has been about, and it's a criticism in their beliefs about marketing and merchandise.

Ash is barely ever a strong trainer, the Elite Four and Champions have ALWAYS wiped the floor with him, except maybe Diantha and Ash's battle with Kukui. There has always been this huge divide between Elite Four members and Pokemon anime league participators.

Not even someone like Paul, Tobias, or perhaps even Alain (in some cases) come even CLOSE to the level shown of the Elite Four. They are god tier level powerful in the anime. What the anime has been consistent is that it takes a LONG time for a Pokemon to even be strong enough to take out someone like Paul's Pokemon usually in forced and sudden strength because Ash trained his Pokemon, but even then with Pokemon like Pikachu/Infernape/Charizard/Sceptile even at their best, they still MOSTLY struggle against Elite Four and Champion.

Ash's GOAL right now is to battle the strongest trainer in the world (well I mean the official strongest trainer in the world), which mean he technically is stronger than all the Elite Four and Champions, that's the implication. And they are creating a series, about Ash having even a reasonable (Elite Four / Champion) chance in hell in beating anything on Leon's team.

In order for that to be believable, Ash can't just catch a Dratini, and it evolves 50 episodes, and then another 50 episodes it evolves into Dragonite, and then somehow be made to be as strong as Elite Four member or even Champion level Pokemon, based on all the anime series in the past. At best it would just become strong enough as it is, while still falling short of doing anything against Elite Four member.

I mean take Ash's Incineroar, it showed up as a Litten in the first episode, it took until episode 143 to fully evolve into an Incineroar, so in other words pretty much 140. And while Ash's Incineroar might be currently the strongest Incineroar in the world having defeated Kukui's Incineroar as a Torracat, that still doesn't mean it has any chance at defeating an Elite Four or Champion. Perhaps close, given the context of the series and what it should mean, but not based on what we've seen.

What is not wrong about that? At this point I'm thinking we'll either get Ash with 10 or more Powerhouse Pokemon with less development, or Ash with 6 Pokemon with Original Personalities, Decent Development and Galar standing out. I'd rather have the latter.

I would much prefer Ash catch and develop a strong Pokemon over 140 episodes to reasonably be considered "Elite Four Champion level" then the usual wait 140 episodes to fully evolve a Pokemon that struggled a lot as pre-evolved Pokemon, and somehow believing that it became strong enough to take on an Elite Four or Champion Level Pokemon.

Dragonite being trained over 140 episodes > Dragonair evolving 5 episodes before the end of the generation, and being suddenly strong to take out Leon's Charizard for example (though obviously probably not Charizard).

Edit: I mean it's already going to be annoying if suddenly they bring back an old Pokemon and somehow it beats Agatha's Gengar (for example), like Scraggy for example.

Edit: I mean it's already going to be annoying if suddenly they bring back an old Pokemon and somehow it beats Agatha's Gengar (for example), like Scraggy for example.
That's not exactly unprecedented. We've seen before that Ash's Pokémon train themselves at the ranch with them sometimes coming back with new moves. Ash also two periods of time where he was at Pallet Town off-screen and could have been training his reserves.

The problem with this mentality is the assumption that fans threatened the Pokemon company to give them what they want. OR even that fans themselves of the show cannot become part of the anime production, or rather the people making the show aren't fans of certain ideas.

Pokemon is made by people and suggesting those people didn't want Ash with these Pokemon and qualifying it as "fan favorite or even fan fiction" is extremely bizarre logic because the very concept of what is "fan fiction" is WHOLLY subjective, and this is an entirely different situation to canon, non-canon, head canon, fan canon. A person writing a story of Ash getting a Riolu who is NOT part of the production team, you could argue that as "fan fiction" but how can you call it "Fan fiction" if the producers themselves write the story of Ash getting Riolu? How is it fan fiction or close to fan fiction, if bias plays a huge role in deciding something is fan fiction or not.

The concepts of underrated or overrated DO NOT actually exist. It's always going to be subjective and highly opinion based, and the idea that anything can be regarded as factual in those concepts is weird. It's okay to dislike Pokemon as much as liking a Pokemon, but I don't understand the need to throw people under the bus for having the opposite opinion.

The problem has always been what they've shown, to what this series has been about, and it's a criticism in their beliefs about marketing and merchandise.

I don't find it bizarre but I agree on the point that is subjective. What isn't subjective is that Lucario is heavily popular and is a great merch seller. Giving Ash a Lucario is catering to Fans and is Fanservice and there is nothing wrong with that since Pokemon at the end of the day is a Business. However people shouldn't get upset when it does look cheap to some fans. What the main problem is though is prioritizing Fanservice over Actual Things. Lucario in all honesty is a decade-old Pokemon, it has no reason in my opinion to hog that spot of "Ace" over new Galar Mons. But once again that's just one lonely fan's input and nothing really to get angst about.

Ash is barely ever a strong trainer, the Elite Four and Champions have ALWAYS wiped the floor with him, except maybe Diantha and Ash's battle with Kukui. There has always been this huge divide between Elite Four members and Pokemon anime league participators.
My friend, you and as well as I know that in the Two Most Recent Series Ash has grown as a Trainer and has been in his peak. In XY&Z, he would have destroyed Diantha, The Kalos League Champion, if the battle had continued. In Sun & Moon, he beat Kukui, an Elite Four Tier Trainer or maybe even a Champion Tier Trainer.

Not even someone like Paul, Tobias, or perhaps even Alain (in some cases) come even CLOSE to the level shown of the Elite Four. They are god tier level powerful in the anime. What the anime has been consistent is that it takes a LONG time for a Pokemon to even be strong enough to take out someone like Paul's Pokemon usually in forced and sudden strength because Ash trained his Pokemon, but even then with Pokemon like Pikachu/Infernape/Charizard/Sceptile even at their best, they still MOSTLY struggle against Elite Four and Champion.

Let's try using more recent examples since the Current Anime itself contradicted previous Lore by removing the need to weaken a Pokemon before capturing it. Alain has defeated a Kalos Elite Four Member just in case you don't remember. While Pokemon does severely vary in its power-levels considering Ash would have defeated Diantha and Alain defeated Malva and then defeated Ash twice. We could argue Alain is the True Kalos League Champion and Ash in XY is near his level. What my personally theory is, the way the Anime has always depicted Pokemon-Trainer Relationships is that, most of the weight falls on the trainer not the Pokemon. Take example in the Current Series itself with Gengar or in XY with Froakie being stubborn to it's Previous Trainer but working well with Ash when realizing his true behavior. But to fit your argument, Ash & Pikachu are probably one of the few to have gone in Journeys to 7 Different Regions. If that does not already make them at least borderline Champion of the Region Level then nothing will. A Good Trainer can work wonders with a Misbehaving Pokemon.

Ash's GOAL right now is to battle the strongest trainer in the world (well I mean the official strongest trainer in the world), which mean he technically is stronger than all the Elite Four and Champions, that's the implication. And they are creating a series, about Ash having even a reasonable (Elite Four / Champion) chance in hell in beating anything on Leon's team.

In order for that to be believable, Ash can't just catch a Dratini, and it evolves 50 episodes, and then another 50 episodes it evolves into Dragonite, and then somehow be made to be as strong as Elite Four member or even Champion level Pokemon, based on all the anime series in the past. At best it would just become strong enough as it is, while still falling short of doing anything against Elite Four member.

I mean take Ash's Incineroar, it showed up as a Litten in the first episode, it took until episode 143 to fully evolve into an Incineroar, so in other words pretty much 140. And while Ash's Incineroar might be currently the strongest Incineroar in the world having defeated Kukui's Incineroar as a Torracat, that still doesn't mean it has any chance at defeating an Elite Four or Champion. Perhaps close, given the context of the series and what it should mean, but not based on what we've seen.

I would much prefer Ash catch and develop a strong Pokemon over 140 episodes to reasonably be considered "Elite Four Champion level" then the usual wait 140 episodes to fully evolve a Pokemon that struggled a lot as pre-evolved Pokemon, and somehow believing that it became strong enough to take on an Elite Four or Champion Level Pokemon.

Dragonite being trained over 140 episodes > Dragonair evolving 5 episodes before the end of the generation, and being suddenly strong to take out Leon's Charizard for example (though obviously probably not Charizard).

I never said PM2019 needed to do give Ash pre-evolved Pokemon and then evolve it. I just said I prefer it that way because it also allows much more options and who knows I may prefer this writing method if it's done well too. All I said is really giving fully-evolved Pokemon limits the amount of development a Pokemon can undergo in terms of personality, growth and much more. Can I get proven wrong? Obviously, I hope I do. But what I'm seeing right now is them sacrificing those development episodes for more nonsense-filler like episodes in other Regions, most of which have been mediocre. It signals to me they want to focus on those type of filler episodes more than the Good Old Trainer Episodes. It does not signal to me what it is signalling to you about Ash starting at a higher level because of the Competition.

Satoshi
Let's get strong together!!
Get a new Pokemon, Aim for Class Up!?

Satoshi is still lacking in skill!
He needs to train his Pokemon and find new friends!

Satoshi who looks after the egg. It is the birth of a new friend!?
I wonder if those could be titles for other episodes. They sure sound like episode titles.

I wonder if those could be titles for other episodes. They sure sound like episode titles.

LOL "Satoshi is still lacking in Skill!" He needs to train his Pokemon and find new friends.

However if you weren't joking, nope, it's all pretty much episode 21, though sure maybe a future episode could have rehashed plots.

LOL "Satoshi is still lacking in Skill!" He needs to train his Pokemon and find new friends.

However if you weren't joking, nope, it's all pretty much episode 21, though sure maybe a future episode could have rehashed plots.
Okay, I just didn't understand it at first. I think I was overthinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom