• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PT01: Zuruggu and Mimikkyu

Every arceusdamn second is a reminder of the old cartoons I enjoyed, mainly Tom & Jerry, the music and sound effects ,the fluid classic disney movie animation,titles that I'd always ask my sister what they meant cuz I didn't know english at the time ,bodies that defy science science,wrecking the laws of physics especially gravity, endings that aren't endings,expressive reactions, it's amazing and I love it and anyone who disliked should be 6 feet under I wish they'd make more, and it feels great not to be mad about the amount of nuts that's just a plot device, the millions of question marks about them, how mimikyu got in, why did they just throw the bags... no, no critism ,just fun and simple and lighthearted.

I always loved old cartoons like the Merrie Melodies, Felix the Cat, The golden age disney shorts, Hannah-Barbera. Seeing two things I love combined into one is oustanding to me.

It's an homenage made to perfection: The animation , the motions, the expressions, the slapstick and specially the music that matches the movement of the characters perfectly.

Like the old Merrie Melodies or Silly Simphones I hope that every short (If there is more) have different characters it will be nice to see lots of Pokemon in this animation.

Chapeau Pokemon inc. Chapeau

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_K1Vju0r6Q

T'was pretty good. A lot of care and effort went into recreating the style of Fleischer studios, though I wonder if it was directly inspired by them or by way of the more recent Cuphead game?

Anyways, I like different ideas when it comes to long franchises and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to seeing more of this.

Taku Inoue who directed this got famous a few months ago for making sculptures out of Tom and Jerry scenes: Japanese Artist Turns Tom And Jerry’s Most Unfortunate Moments Into Sculptures, And The Result Is Hilarious This short definitely fits in with that old cartoon style from cartoons like Tom and Jerry.

I definitely loved this short. I used to watch cartoons like this when I was young so it was kind of a trip down memory lane. They did such a good job recreating that style, really hope there's more to come.

Wow, I didn't expect the Pokémon Kids channel to do a 180 and go from cheap CGI kids' songs to a very fluid homage that blatantly ignores Gen 1 Pokémon (except for the title card). This was very fun to watch and it's interesting how it comes a few days after the new Looney Tunes cartoons. I was sightly confused by how Mimikyu could save the beans on its cloth though.

As everyone's pointed out, it was like watching an old Looney Toons & Tom & Jerry short! Combing aspects of my childhood into this? It was great; I loved it.

I thought the pair of Scraggy and Mimikyu was pretty interesting. Mimikyu's pretty popular, but Scraggy was a random choice I initially considered...until I saw how exactly it was used; the elasticity of its skin, the the nature of its "pants," its hard cranium, and visible facial expression all captured the spirit of the show's inspiration from other other characters, like Bugs Bunny.

I hope we get more! Better yet if Inoue uses more obscure, less popular Pokemon.

As everyone's pointed out, it was like watching an old Looney Toons & Tom & Jerry short! Combing aspects of my childhood into this? It was great; I loved it.

I thought the pair of Scraggy and Mimikyu was pretty interesting. Mimikyu's pretty popular, but Scraggy was a random choice I initially considered...until I saw how exactly it was used; the elasticity of its skin, the the nature of its "pants," its hard cranium, and visible facial expression all captured the spirit of the show's inspiration from other other characters, like Bugs Bunny.

I hope we get more! Better yet if Inoue uses more obscure, less popular Pokemon.

Yeah! Let’s have one of these starring Spinda!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom