• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN023: A Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!

Ugh.... coming back with the mediocre episode. It just getting nowhere except only Cascoon evolve into Dustox with a little skirmish inside the research lab because of food missing.

Overall rating: C-

I feel sorry for kids who waited 7 weeks for their favorite show to come back only to get something this glacially-paced for their loyalty. Also, dudes, if you're going to have 15,000 different rumbling-stomachs as part of your plot, get more than one sound effect for it.

It was somewhat nice to see Gou's past catches get some screentime, but I would have preferred it be achieved with something more exciting. It wasn't offensively awful like most of the other bad episodes from this season have been, but it really wasn't firing on all cylinders. I really think this plot would have been better suited to a half-episode if that's what they're doing with the Slowpoke/Magikarp one coming up.

I did like the fact we saw some of Goh's Pokémon interact with each other. Like Mistravous and Sandile.

But we saw there are camera's in the dome, why didn't Ash and Goh place the food in sight of a camera instead of watching it themselves and taking the risk of falling asleep (which happened)?

And how could the Pokémon be hungry? When Goh feeded them, they would be in the first line to eat. Also, the 'culprit' couldn't be at every feeding place at the same time.

It would be nice if this incident makes Goh to learn more about the natural behavior of the Pokémon he catches. But... I don't think it will.

As average of an episode as it was, I felt it was still a welcoming way to return to the series. We saw Goh actually taking care of his Pokémon (I liked how he smiled after Raboot when it refused to be brushed), some characterization and interaction for Goh's Pokémon (I especially liked Misdreavus's portrayal), Ash training his Pokémon (even using Mr. Mime as a practice opponent), some exciting action (however brief it was), and more integration of Pokédex entries into plot scenarios.

I'm one of the people who enjoy episodes that mostly focus on Pokemon shenanigans with minimal human interactions, so I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit, though I do think the plot was a bit convoluted at times. Overall, not a bad way to start off the Pokemon anime's return, IMO.

This was just silly fun, I enjoyed seeing Goh actually look after his Pokémon, Ash training and just seeing how life at the lad is for the Pokémon. Many of Goh’s Pokémon were getting focus for the time here which is appreciated.

I kinda figured Skwovet would be behind the food going missing – I wish I posted my prediction here before the episode.

I think the only one of Goh’s Pokémon not to appear was Exeggcute?

Last edited:
This was just silly fun, I enjoyed seeing Goh actually look after his Pokémon, Ash training and just seeing how life at the lad is for the Pokémon. Many of Goh’s Pokémon were getting focus for the time here which is appreciated.

I kinda figured Skwovet would be behind the food going missing – I wish I posted my prediction here before the episode.

Oh, i hope Skwovet didn't mistake if for real eggs.

I think having a six week break did this episode some favors. If it had aired the week after the Rabifoot "farewell" episode then it would have been just another forgettable waste of time but having it air *now* lets it serve as a nice re-introduction to our heroes' Pokémon. That's something, at least.

I also think it was the only one. Ratatta made a cameo in the end I think, the others had at least a small scene in the episode (like sentret after being brushed).

I will need to see the episode subbed to give a substancial opinion but I have to agree with @Dogasu this episode being the first after the break did some favours.

This episode is the perfect example of why Pokemon are put in boxes. Also I love how there is no consequences, there is a catastrophe and then it stops and nobody sees that there are too many Pokemon here? That something big could have happened if you put more dangerous Pokemon in the mix? Of course the world of Pokemon in the anime always tends to forget that.

If this episode serves for something is that is much better to have Pokemon in a wild state cause if they discontrol they can kill each other. Where is Team Plasma when you need it?

Glad that Morpeko is not wasted here. I hope Morpeko becomes a Team Rocket member in the Sobble episode.

Some people are happy that Go Pokemon show some personality here. Well say goodbye to them cause Go is not going to stop catching more and they are going to fade slowly. Also and episode like that can not be made again. You put almost 30 pokemon or more on screen, but how are you going to put 100 and show his personality? It is possible?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom