• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP07: Serving Up the Flute Cup!

Reaction score
Cast
Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo
Tara Jayne Sands

Sam Black
Megan Hollingshead
Billy Kametz
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Zoe Martin
Ryan Nicolls
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson

It’ll be amusing if Billy Kametz is the one who voices Houji. Gotta hammer that JoJo stuff down with that hairstyle.

Currently watching this episode, I like Hodge, hope he reappears in future episodes

Loved how Ash became the butt mankey, taking attacks from Scorbunny and Pikachu for no reason

Has Ash (not Satoshi) referred to as Mr. Mime as Mimey before this episode (generation).

Because I thought that was Ash's thing, Delia being the only one to refer to it as "Mimey" while Ash and others refer it as "Mr. Mime."

(I'm including the other Journey's episodes as part of this thus I mean prior to 8th generation.

Has Ash (not Satoshi) referred to as Mr. Mime as Mimey before this episode (generation).

Because I thought that was Ash's thing, Delia being the only one to refer to it as "Mimey" while Ash and others refer it as "Mr. Mime."

(I'm including the other Journey's episodes as part of this thus I mean prior to 8th generation.
I very much doubt that there is any consistency in the dub for a small detail like that.

This is an episode I skipped in Japanese, so, for the first time this series, I only have the dub to go of off.

It wasn't quite as boring as I was expecting, which was good! But it still wasn't anything special. It was nice to finally see Ash in a tournament, and Goh too, even though he only did it because Ash signed him up...lol. At first I thought it was weird how defensive Goh got with Hodge, but then I realized it does fit in with his character; it's just not something I'm really used to seeing out of any of Ash's companions.

Also, I thought it was really strange when Goh asked Ash "you really love battling, don't you?" I guess that kind of answers the question about how much about Ash's past Goh knows about...it just comes across as kind of a strange question if Goh actually knew how many leagues Ash has entered and the fact that he's the Alola champion. Also goes to show you how little Ash has actually battled yet in this series.

I remember being annoyed when I found out Ash was using Mimey in the tournament before the initial airing, but now after seeing the episode, I actually think it worked quite well. Mimey is a pretty good battler! I still wouldn't want him to become a permanent part of Ash's team, but it's good to see that he can work in a pinch (jn this case, Ash only having one other Pokemon in his possession...even though I still don't really view Mimey as his.)

Also, Chloe being perpetually annoyed by what's going on around her is the biggest mood of all time and I just love her.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom