• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP11: Best Friend...Worst Nightmare!

Reaction score
Cast
Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
Rodger Parsons
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo

Sam Black
Melissa Hope
Laurie Hymes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Billy Kametz
Erica Mendez
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson
Christina Vee

Chloe has become one of my favorite new characters as I've watched the new Journeys episodes in Japanese, so I was really excited to watch the dub of this one. And it did not disappoint!

I really love the Cerise family; their dynamic was carried over really well into the dub, and all of their voices sounded great. I do love that we seem to have carried over seeing more of the characters' families that we got in SM, as that was one of my favorite aspects of that series. I feel like it really tells us a lot about the characters that we might not have known otherwise, and Chloe is no exception. I think it's refreshing that she doesn't really know what she wants to do in the future, and that her mother can relate and is very encouraging of her daughter not to rush these kinds of things. It makes Chloe a very relatable character, and it's one of the reasons she's become a favorite of mine.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the other Chloe-centric episodes dubbed in the future!

They say three's a crowd but damn should Chloe be more in this show - she's the protagonist we need, if not the one we deserve. Seriously though, seeing her dilemma combined with her family scenes were so wholesome and more compelling than most of the prior episodes of Ash 'n Gou just faffing about at being wannabe research assistants. Overall a good episode. :bulbaLove:

On a side note, seeing Chloe in an actual school is really bizarre considering Ash and Gou don't go. Is Ash using his Neverland powers to put off going to school so he can have adventures? It raises a whole lot of questions that the writers probably don't care to answer. :unsure:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom