• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review TW06: Moonlight

Allister? Still precious
Tom and John? Still sad
The animation? Still great
The ghost-types? Still spoopy
Leon and Rose? Still cool
An actual reason for it to be called Twilight Wings (aside from soundimg cool)? Still couldn't find it
Sonia? Still a good target for wattpaders
My only problem is that the location aren't as recognizable as they were in the other episodes, I'm assuming they took the corviknight taxi,who was about to say shit cause they scared the crap out of,from Hammerlocke and the hospital (as hinted in the first episode) is in Wyndon.
And if it is actually in hammerlocke, then maybe now we know where the ghost girl came from.

I really enjoyed this episode, it was certainly great to see John and Tommy from the first episode return, wish they'd give John some more focus as I'm curious to see what is wrong with him

Loved seeing the ghost types act all scary for fun

Man, they really upped the continuity for this episode, just a sad reminder that it's coming to an end soon. T_T

Having not played Shield, I had no expectation of Allister going in but I ended up liking what we saw of him. Tommy and John reappearing in this episode was unexpected but not unwelcome and I liked the bonding between Tommy and Allister.

I will say, I squee'd just a little when Leon spoke at the end...though it was pretty strange hearing hearing Sakurai coming out of his mouth instead of Ono. :unsure:

Lastly, I totally did not realise that was Sonia during the credits until I saw Yamper's butt. :ROFLMAO:

Man, they really upped the continuity for this episode, just a sad reminder that it's coming to an end soon. T_T

Having not played Shield, I had no expectation of Allister going in but I ended up liking what we saw of him. Tommy and John reappearing in this episode was unexpected but not unwelcome and I liked the bonding between Tommy and Allister.

I will say, I squee'd just a little when Leon spoke at the end...though it was pretty strange hearing hearing Sakurai coming out of his mouth instead of Ono. :unsure:

Lastly, I totally did not realise that was Sonia during the credits until I saw Yamper's butt. :ROFLMAO:
Sakurai, Ono or Saab. I cannot pick a favourite. They all do a great job at voicing Leon.

Another good one. I liked Allister's ghosts being protective of him.

Coming up: It's Champion time.

Also I think Tommy is a ghost now because why else would he need Allister's help?
Hmmm....
According to Moon Gengar are formerly human...
He wants to help John become a great trainer as his starter.

Why the hell did they have to fill my son's episode with a plot totally unrealted to him? They couldn't have just given John and Tommy their own episode to have this little spat instead of making it take up all of Allister's episode? We legit barely see my boy, which sucks becasue the little that we did see of him was soo cute. He's the shy little bean that I love and his pet ghosts follow him everywhere. That would have been something great to see as the focus of an entire episode.

The other gym leaders got their own full episodes, but Allister has to share? I don't like it. I wanted this to be my favorite episode, but they really ruined it by shoving Allister to the side and focusing on two characters who already had a whole episode dedicated to them. I hope we can see more of Allister at a later point, becuase he got toally screwed over here. :cry:

Why the hell did they have to fill my son's episode with a plot totally unrealted to him? They couldn't have just given John and Tommy their own episode to have this little spat instead of making it take up all of Allister's episode? We legit barely see my boy, which sucks becasue the little that we did see of him was soo cute. He's the shy little bean that I love and his pet ghosts follow him everywhere. That would have been something great to see as the focus of an entire episode.

The other gym leaders got their own full episodes, but Allister has to share? I don't like it. I wanted this to be my favorite episode, but they really ruined it by shoving Allister to the side and focusing on two characters who already had a whole episode dedicated to them. I hope we can see more of Allister at a later point, becuase he got toally screwed over here. :cry:
Have not played Shield, but I learned about Allister. An interesting Gym Leader.

I agree that this episode wasn't the most...groundbreaking, as the penultimate episode for a rather lovely series.

However, Allister probably shared the spotlight with other characters because his growth is people-centered. He didn't have to go on a personal journey to improve his battling strength like Bea or have to reconcile careers like Nessa; rather, a theme for this episode seemed to be pushing him out of his comfort zone to improve his interpersonal skills.

The easy thing to do would have been to allow his Ghost-types to successfully ward Tommy off or ignore his request altogether when asked. However, he overcame that trepidation and even went further by challenging Tommy to personally apologize to John rather than trying to win their friendship back with some (unlikely) grand gesture. It was something significant for Allister as it showed him in a leadership role (that he's clearly still developing), even if the situation of said leadership was rather intimate in nature. That's my two cent about it, anyway.

In order to convey this type of character development, they needed someone for Allister to work with; rather than introducing another random character, they brought back the hospital boys for continuity and to tie it all up for next month's final episode.

A very "shippy" episode, in many different ways.

Also, the hospital's security guard looks like Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace.

Really think we are watching what can be an upcoming character. The boys sure deserve either a place in the weekly anime or an entire anime to themselves.
The same thought occurred to me during this episode--the Mega Evolution special turned out to be a way to bring a character into the XY main anime, after all.

However it turns out Leon has a different voice actor (in both English and Japanese) so it's unlikely to cross into the main anime (unless you count that possible Ash cameo in episode 1).
Possibly they'll get some other series to themselves. I wouldn't mind seeing more of John and Tommy.

Allister needing to share isn't that bad compared to what others got. Milo and Piers only had Cameo's and Opal, Melony and Gordie haven't even shown up yet.

Allister needing to share isn't that bad compared to what others got. Milo and Piers only had Cameo's and Opal, Melony and Gordie haven't even shown up yet.
Melony and Gordie did actually cameo in Oleana's episode. It's during the G-Max fight between Lapras and Coalossal, you can see their faces flash by on the moniter.

1593896030205.png

Also I think Tommy is a ghost now because why else would he need Allister's help?
Also, did you notice that when the guard did his nightly rounds (AFTER Tommy returned) that Tommy's bed was not only empty but not even made, and the guard was nevertheless satisfied and left the room? Nothing to suggest that Tommy has been discharged...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom