• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP13: The Climb to Be the Very Best!

Great way to start off the next batch of episodes, even though I would've preferred it in the last one to avoid the cliffhanger ending for 3 months...

I felt that the voice acting was particularly strong here, which is very impressive considering all of these newly released episodes were recorded by the cast while in quarantine. If I hadn't known that ahead of time, I never would've guessed! Everyone sounded great, and I was particularly fond of how they dubbed the exhausted Ash scene:

Goh: If there were 25 hours in a day, you'd have one extra to think about Pokemon!
Ash: That's not true...if I don't get 10 hours of sleep, I get all goofy! So if you subtract 10 from 24...

I also should've seen the name changes for the different classes in the World Championships coming, since they coincide with the matching poke balls, but I didn't and was initially surprised by it. They make sense, of course, and I have nothing against them; was just taken off guard for a second! So, in the dub world, we have Normal Class, Great Class, Ultra Class, and Master Class.

Exciting to see Ash get a dynamax band, although I kind of wish we had a better explanation as to how Pikachu is able to gigantamax without going inside of his poke ball. Maybe they'll explain it in the future?

Overall a very well done episode, and an especially great job by the dubbing staff.

With Ray Chase voicing Drednaw, he can now add the worthy achievement of voicing a Pokemon being defeated by Ash's Pikachu on his list of character accomplishments.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom