• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN038: Miracle Restoration, the Fossil Pokémon!

Was a really enjoyable episode, was great to see Chloe get more screen time.

Found Pikachu's use of Electro Ball good with Graveler, immune to electricity but the bounce effect worked perfectly, was half expecting Pikachu to use it like he did against Silvally and Mightyena

Decent episode, restoring Aerodactyl from an Old Amber that Goh found near the excavation site and was able to tame it after battling with his Golurk. Despite is little bit overkill for doing it.

Overall rating: B+

An enjoyable episode with a couple of minor flaws, namely that Koharu didn't really do anything other than move another inch along the million kilometre road to her liking Pokémon enough to get one, but it was nice to see her even if the writer chose to waste her. At least he didn't give her a crush on Gou or some nonsense like that. The other flaw was subjective but rather large and that was mainly the the fossil dude's verbal ric of screaming, "ROMAAAAAN," every 30 seconds got incredibly obnoxious incredibly quickly and I will die a happy fan if we don't see him again. But even then he disappeared for most of the second half of the episode, which helped.

As for the good, Koharu being there, Team Rocket were good and the way they got blasted off was actually quite funny. Also nice to see Gou earn the Aerodactyl and not get a hundred first-ball catches of all the other fossil Pokémon, then again I'm assuming they weren't for catching anyway if they were museum exhibits.

Anyway an enjoyable episode that I'm willing to give an A-, the guy's ROMAAAAAN tic was enough to cost you the solid A. The lack of that along with better use of Koharu could have seen an A+.

It may not be the most pronounced thing in the episode, but Koharu's admiration for Go catching Aerodactyl and her comment at the end indicates her growing interest in raising Pokémon. That's pretty exciting to me.

Also, I forgot who, but someone had mentioned a while ago about seeing Raboot actually knocked out (I believe the context was via knockout from Turtonator, which we all know didn't occur)-well, this episode granted said wish haha.

What Rocket Prize Master that Team Rocket send is?

Useless unevolved Pokemon like Nidorino and Graveler

Curious cause this Pokemon evolved forms are Pokemon that Giovanni likes to use in the Games and in the anime.

However they were defeated by a Electroweb that should not work in a Graveler.

Last edited:
Didn't watch this episode but judging by people's reaction to Goh's capture of Aerodactyl and Koharu getting some decent focus, I guess it was a good episode

I guess Jun'ichi didn't Fujisaku this episode up? :p

That pun...makes no sense. I mean, I get what you’re going for, but it...it doesn’t work.

Didn't watch this episode but judging by people's reaction to Goh's capture of Aerodactyl and Koharu getting some decent focus, I guess it was a good episode

Not bad , but... is boring.However the battle was nice but is kinda cheap using a big Golurk to catch Pokémon. Is like having a wildcard all the time.

I guess Jun'ichi didn't Fujisaku this episode up? :p
Aside from the repetition of the Hiker dude's verbal tic (we know he likes repetition from that disgustingly awful Slowking segment) he did a good job. It had traces of a Fujisaku episode, both good and bad but overall I'd put it in the good basket.

Don't think so, outside of his love for making Electroweb working on Ground-type Pokemon :sneaky:
I'm willing to let it slide here since Graveler didn't seem to take any damage from the web itself, only the effect of physics set up by its placement.

Some early thoughts regarding this episode:
  • I liked that the episode also touched on other non-Kanto fossils like Shieldon and Anorith. Small detail, but I like it.
  • More Golurk screentime was appreciated. Seeing it act like a gentle giant when it was trying to find fossils with Gou was nice, and I also somewhat enjoyed watching Golurk have its first proper battle ever since it was first caught (even if the battle as a whole was kinda uneventful).
  • Team Rocket, more specifically Jessie, was quite hilarious in this episode. Really liked how quickly it cut from Jessie saying "wait, this seems bad" to the sudden explosion, and the bit where Jessie just quietly says "hello" when Ash finds the trio was absolutely hilarious. The usual Gachat nonsense aside, I really liked how the trio were used in this episode.
  • I'm... not sure I'm completely ok with Electroweb working on Graveler, but eh, I'll let it slide.
  • The Koharu focus in this episode wasn't as prominent as I initially expected, but at least she's there. Seems like her character did develop a little bit by the end of the episode, so I'm not too disappointed by her lack of focus in this episode.
Overall, I think this was an above-average episode. Not much exciting stuff happened, but it was still kinda enjoyable to watch.

Just when are they going to take Koharu to the next step? She already said she admired Pokemon in some of her last Focused Episodes. Things are getting repetitive fast.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom