• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN069: Watch Over My First Errand!

Ok, had no idea what to expect here...and it was great. Seeing some of Ash's Pokemon take part (this is the type of appearance those two in particular needed/need more of), Koharu's "competitiveness," ...just really fun stuff all the way around today. Even worked in some Morpeko to sort of tie-in to next episode.

So this episode was kind of great.

I haven’t seen subs, but it seems like Ash was the one having ideas here - seeing as he has so much more experience with Pokémon than Goh and Chloe, him taking on a role of wisdom is so great to see. He even made use of Pokémon was brilliant, Gengar’s appearance especially was brimming with personality and charm - basically a reintroduction to the character.

We got great Ash moments in an episode not focused on him! And yet the episode still succeeded to do a great job with those it focused on - this actually let Goh, Chloe, Grookey and Eevee develop and show facets of their personality we hadn’t seen much of her even at all.

It’s regrettable there was no connective tissue which meant this episode should be in the middle of Project Mew episodes, but it did succeed in connective tissue preparing us for an episode about Team Rocket and Morpeko - we saw this a few episodes ago as well, Team Rocket Have to spend a lot of time to work around Morpeko and it’s great that next weeks episode has been built up a bit. Team Rocket was good here, seeing them with Pelliper made me really lament that they don’t have their own Pokémonthis series.

Journey’s has been quite good recently...

How are we getting so many good Episodes in a row? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO JOURNEYS?!

Eevee and Grookey were cute, Team Rocket finally weren't annoying, and we even got to see Ash... Use his Pokemon?!?!?! Gengar and Sirfetch'd were great in this episode.
Though I will say, I saw the ending with Morpeko from a mile away.

A sweet episode. But man... Eevee, Grookey and pelipper most be 3 of the most naive Pokémon in this series. :p

And good use of Ash and his Pokémon (Gengar and Sirfetch'd).

Goh, Chloe and TRio babysitting their Pokémon was sweet.

And in the end, all 3 Pokémon succeeded in their deliveries. (To bad Morpekko destroyed the sweet TRio moment, but this gag was expected.) They are reliable, even if they sometimes cause mischief.

TRio does care about Pelipper. It's always nice to see this part of their characters. I hope they will also form a better bond with Morpekko too. (But it will mostly have to come from Morpekko. TRio does care about it. They even went as far as to steal all this electricity for Morpekko so they could all live together.)

A sweet episode. But man... Eevee, Grookey and pelipper most be 3 of the most naive Pokémon in this series. :p

And good use of Ash and his Pokémon (Gengar and Sirfetch'd).

Goh, Chloe and TRio babysitting their Pokémon was sweet.

And in the end, all 3 Pokémon succeeded in their deliveries. (To bad Morpekko destroyed the sweet TRio moment, but this gag was expected.) They are reliable, even if they sometimes cause mischief.

TRio does care about Pelipper. It's always nice to see this part of their characters. I hope they will also form a better bond with Morpekko too. (But it will mostly have to come from Morpekko. TRio does care about it. They even went as far as to steal all this electricity for Morpekko so they could all live together.)
They stole Electricity in the Amogus episode so Morpeko would leave their food alone, not because they care about it.

This episode was fantastic. I'm too sleepy now post nights have having written a rambling essay about my one true love Musashi (whoops, sorry V) in next week's preview thread, but... watch this episode kiddos. Seeing the TRio be supportive parents to Pelipper was like a shot of inotrope to the heart. (If you have an allergy to the Morpeko """"gag"""" then close your eyes for a couple of seconds after Musashi successfully assembles their apple pie and ice cream.)

Also Drapple is my fave Galar mon so props to it being featured here in the absolutely perfect role of simply being an apple pie.

Sarunori wiping its snot on Go's sweater :bulbaLove: Wish it would do that to me.

They stole Electricity in the Amogus episode so Morpeko would leave their food alone, not because they care about it.
I know. But...

I wouldn't have to gone to the trouble of doing this. I would have just kicked him out. I would, while it was sleeping, have let Pelipper bring it to that Team Rocket trainings program they told Grookey they would send him. Or ask HQ to send over Serviper to eat/swallow Morpeko. (Okay, the last one would never happen in the Anime :p.)

The fact they have this much patience with it and do this much trouble does show me TRio did try. Not only because they are afraid of it, because there are other, much easier solutions to protect their food. Heck, they can even go elsewere to eat, like their icecream truck. Of course it was to protect their food. But deep inside they do like Morpeko. TRio also have bonds with pokémon they spend time with. If they want it or not. If there will ever be a good relation between TRio and Morpeko it's the little rat who has to put some work in the relationship. At least in my opinion.

Last edited:
A heartwarming and encouraging episode for Chirou and Goh to let their partner carrying the pills to their lab. Also, felt little pity about Grookey with all the bruise of it leg coming all the way from Pokemon Center. Glad to see it smile after reunite with Goh.

Overall rating: B-

Not going to lie, it took me a while to realise what TR were doing this episode (testing Pelipper I presume on its delivery, similar to Grookey and Eevee?), and I honestly thought they somehow released the Morpeko episode within this episode, judging off the fact TR were visibly hungry and had a lot of focus for an episode dedicated to other characters.

Last edited:
Well that was cute. Nothing too eventful happened here.

Except Appletun debuted! <3

(Please keep it away from that evil two faced rat)

Good to see Gengar and Sirfetch'd being used. Even if it was just a filler

Kinda unecessary tho because I'm still waiting to see what kind of moves Grookey knows

Grookey sure does Cry a LOT.
Shame we never saw him interacting with Sobble before he evolved. I'm sure they would've gotten along well

I was mad that this episode would be taking spotlight away from Ash’s pokemon that desperately needed it, and was pleasantly suprised that Ash and his team was a prominent part of it, coupled with some delightful interactions between Grookey, Eevee and the kids. Very sweet episode!

And wow, how much of the budget went into animating Grookey stumbling towards Goh? That was smooth as hell.

This series could use more of Ash being a leader. It was also nice to see him conveniently have Pokémon on hand that were fitting for the episode’s story (more of this in future episodes please). Usually the writers only do that with Goh and his Pokémon.

I can’t stress this enough: Eevee is absolutely adorable. I love how reliable and determined she was.

The ending moment between Goh and Grookey was a little too dramatic for me.

This is now the second episode I’ve seen with Morpeko, and yeah…that thing has to go. Anywhere but Sakuragi lab though.

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Kei Shindo: Joy
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom