• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN079: Moon and Sun, Koharu and Haruhi

We're gonna need a bigger frame once Grookey evolves.
This pic's getting a bit overcrowded
20210903_062600.jpg

This episode was ok. I liked the Umbreon and Espeon team up bit and the ending. The part where the girls swapped outfits was nice as well. However, the rest was not too great. I probably will need to watch the subs because this was full of dialogue. But currently its a 7/10 for me. A decent Chloe episode

An okay episode for the boys traveling with Chloe to find the legends of both Umberon and Espeon for the solar ellipse with the Ninja that tried to kidnaped Haruhi only to snap the wrong person with Chloe. At least, he turns a new leaf after being defeated.

Overall rating: C-

I enjoyed this episode, although any episode that gets to show off Eifie (my favourite of the Eevolutions) gets bonus points in my book. It's always nice to give Chloe some focus too.

Also, gotta feel sorry for Ariados as it now falls squarely into Jerk Pokemon territory now. I can't recall a single instance following its debut episode when it hasn't either worked for a villain or been a wild Pokemon intent on causing trouble.

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Risa Hayamizu: Himari
Ryohei Arai: Katsuki
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Daisuke Namikawa: Koharu's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

They should have given separate episodes to showcase Eifie and Blacky.

We're gonna need a bigger frame once Grookey evolves.
This pic's getting a bit overcrowded View attachment 149753

mhmm, last time they updated this - they waited a while before doing lots of updates at once so it makes me think it won’t change for a while.

Can’t comment on the dialogue heavy parts of the episode but the battle was pretty nice - lots of different Pokémon, lots of moves, the debut of Wish.

I like/love Chloe episodes but it’s not great that she disappears for a few weeks…

A serviceable episode that does its job. Nothing wrong with it, really. Just brings the emphasis on Eevee’s desire to learn, which is pretty fun.
The music was nice when Koharu’s doppelgänger was about to step out in front of the crowd, and remains a strong point of Journeys, with whimsical themes of mystery.

Actually, the main point I want to talk about is that I swear Goh was about to call upon Grookey to battle, but was stopped. Dammit! The monkey almost did something/used a move!

Also, with the direction we’re going in with Eevee’s storyline, it’s a shame something like this wasn’t done in Alola, where Eevee could use its signature Z-Move to fight with its comrades; that could still happen, I guess.

The episode was good

Not sure why Ash and Go were here as they were literally only used to tell the audience what just happened

Eevee figures out where Koharu is by somehow using a different species' innate precog ability
The boys: SHE FOUND OUT WHERE KOHARU IS

Umbreon gets hit by Slash and healed by Wish
The boys: UMBREON GOT HEALED BY WISH

Koharu is fine
The boys: ARE YOU OKAY

(Are we getting a fusion episode soon? Because they talked in unison a lot here)

Got a laugh out of the boys being denied the chance to battle since it wasn't their episode

I also like how Ariados took Eevee's tackle - which was strong enough to stagger a rhydon - without so much as a twitch

And how did Eevee once again use another species' innate "mysterious power" (that only works at night) in the middle of the day?
(And don't say "bEcAuSe EcLiPsE" because the eclipse hadn't started yet)

Me seeing the Chloe Doppelganger: Don't you dare say the phrase

All cringe jokes aside, this is a pretty good episode. It contains more of our favorite Daily Free Chloe Development it also presents a good story. The only issue was that at first viewing it was hard to determine who was Chloe and who was the Impostor doppelganger, but it got cleared out in the end. The CotD were also decent.

7/10

My main issue is that everything gets solved with talking after battling.

That's why I don't like heavy dialogue.

And again they forgive so easily. It's so much to ask for more hashness.

If only names in Anipoke used kanji, or they provided at least a surname, like any normal anime.
I'd believe that there could be a connection.

The dub will attempt to force a pun, and fail miserably.

Sun and Moon, brothers, betrayal..... Are they copying KnY?

Okay, so Chloe's Eevee somehow displayed precognitive abilities like Espeon's. Either her Copycat is just that good or it's possibly foreshadowing that Eevee'll evolve into Espeon at the end of Journeys. I kinda hope not, tbh. Still holding out for Ash to get Espeon...

Or maybe it's just that Eevee's bond with Chloe is that strong... which kinda still leans on Espeon quite a bit, since one of its flagship traits is extreme loyalty to its trainer.

Anyway, this was a fairly cute if somewhat unspectacular episode. Seeing Espeon and Umbreon working together and displaying their day/night theme more thoroughly was nice to see, especially since this is funnily enough the first time that duality has really been pointed out, although it has been alluded to somewhat in the past.

Not really sure why Haruhi said even their names are similar - the only similarity is that they're three syllables, which would be like saying Ash and Go have the same name

I pity the dub trying to figure that one out - even more so once they hit the "our names have "sun" and "moon" in them
KoHaru and Haruhi.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom