• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN082: Mawhip's Sweet Battle!?

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Yoshino Ohtori: Poplar
Daisuke Ono: Dande
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka: Kibana
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

This episode was decent. Raihan remembered Ash and Leon was having some nice moments too, but I kinda expected filler judging by the fact this wasn't hyped too much.There were some nice bits such as Goh evolving Milcery using SwSh mechanics, nice demonstration Journeys. I also liked how Ash's cake was the best, the reactions were funny, but the funniest bit was Pikachu "Gigantamaxing" because he ate so much cake, that was funny, but aside from that, it was just filler. So this episode is a 6/10 for me

I enjoyed Opal's reaction to seeing Pikachu Gigantamax as well as Pikachu's reaction, can't believe this is the first time since JN045 that we've seen Gigantamaxing in the anime
It isn't it's G-MAX form because otherwise it'd have the red glow around him and his tail would be different.

Too bad Opal didn't give Ash the Alcremie to keep. Even if Ash didn't used it to fight, it would have been a nice addition for slice of life segment, like at the dinner table. Or it could form a (cooking) duo with Mimey. Oh well...

TRio could also use one, to help to feed Morpeko. :p

Grookey (and to a lesser extend Eevee) were pretty funny this episode.

And I guess the battle ended without an official winner? Or did Pikachu lost because he was too full to continue the fight?

It was a fun episode. Nothing extraordinary, but fun.

Last edited:
An Ash who wins can mitigate Goh catching. Though I suppose it is worth asking if Ash can cook now or if he just found someone with odd taste.

An Ash who wins can mitigate Goh catching. Though I suppose it is worth asking if Ash can cook now or if he just found someone with odd taste.

The lady has curry for breakfast- she has the BEST taste!

Nice episode featuring a Pokémon I like, good to see Raihan take a interest in Ash, maybe feel a bit cheated about the lack of G-Max Pika but there wasn’t much time left anyway.

Ponyta and Rapidash were brought up twice

I am going to need to wait for better subtitles but is it just me or is Raihan sort of ... rude?

I am going to need to wait for better subtitles but is it just me or is Raihan sort of ... rude?
He is just channeling his inner Inosuke.

Some people did believe that Pikachu would go Kyodaimax and got disappointed.

It seems that the monkey will be the new Harimaron, just comic-relief.

I only watched to see the adorable smol beans known as Alcremie. I was not disappointed. I was so happy to see so many of the different flavors and how they all had such cute personalities :bulbaLove:

Seeing the battle against Opal, it just made me even more disappointed that this series isn't Galar focused. I would have loved to see real gym battles in the stadiums with a full audience. They would have been so epic. My only issue was Pikachu Gigantamaxing randomly without Ash doing anything. I know he doesn't go in his PokeBall, but they could have at least had the Dynamax Band flash or do something.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom