• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN087: The Ice Queen and Glacia

I think it was a decent episode. The best part was the Ash drawing, not gonna lie, I laughed a bit there, but from there on it got serious. Regina's backstory and how Glaceon protects here really was done well. The small things were also great like Chloe saying "Daijobu" to Regina when Glaceon had Hypothermia and Ash bringing out Dracovish. The fact that it's being used for the small things tells me Journeys is turning around a bit. My only complaint was the Ice Castle and the fact that Glaceon and Eevee didn't interact much, but that doesn't bother me a lot. This episode is a 8/10 for me

So...what is Ash doing at the school? This jumps to me as 'Oh hey, Green will have ideas'.

Not against it, but I want to know how much I have to be prepared for Ash and School based.....stuff

This was a wonderfull, emotional episode. I think Regina's story will touch a string with some people.

Also the show and tell from Goh was funny, but in the end also a compliment to Ash. Goh realy respects him.

And a good use of some of Ash and Goh's pokémon, even if it was a little short. They are real artists. Maybe they should compete in contests or showcases. ;)

He is the topic of Goh's presentation. A kind of show and tell.
So Goh had to bring an X, and Ash was the X.

....I admit with context that could be funny. Right now this is the first thing that comes to mind in scenario

Sadly subbed but is Ash Monoma in this scenario?

A heart warming episode for the Character of the day to overcomes in the past when her Glaceon protecting all the way. Until, Ash, Goh and Chloe help to change her. That give her confidence that finally overcome to become outgoing.

Overall rating: C+

Last edited:
I can see that this was a very heartfelt episode, and I have no doubts it's a good one. But I personally prefer more action-filled episodes, so this episode wasn't really up to my taste. I'm not going to call it bad because of that, because it clearly wasn't, but it's just not for me.

So Goh had to bring an X, and Ash was the X.

....I admit with context that could be funny. Right now this is the first thing that comes to mind in scenario

Sadly subbed but is Ash Monoma in this scenario?

It's strange seeing Monoma talking about Class 1A putting energy in something trivial and not being active in the game.

Later in the series he goes great lenghts for 1B to beat 1A in everything, how trivial or even non-competitive the activity is. :p

Well, Goh didn't have to drag Ash into the classroom. :p

I think my annoyance at Journeys has started to effect other episodes for me, and that really isn’t fair on this episode, because it’s surprising decent with a reassuring story. First few minutes, I was a bit uninterested, but at least it pulled off a strong ending with the children accepting her, and herself doing the same as well.
I kind of wish Jourenys could have told Goh’s story (background) like this, to actually expand on his character and like-ability, cause it’s clear they can do it. Would have made Inteleon’s story a lot more compelling as well.

Also, why does Arctozolt sound like an ambulance when it was using Ice Fang?

I admit that it was a pretty good episode.

Seeing the classmates again and some recurrent Pokemon was a nice touch.

I'd have liked more interactions between Eevee and Glacia, to see them develop a connection.

However, Gou's picture of Satoshi was cursed and his presentation 'Cringe 1000%'.
“Ash only thinks about Pokémon and battles and food.”-Goh
But what else does he think about...

In a tiny piece of his brain, Ash thinks about Serena

“Ash only thinks about Pokémon and battles and food.”-Goh
But what else does he think about...

In a tiny piece of his brain, Ash thinks about Serena
Wow you live and travel with a guy for months on end and that’s the best you can come up with to describe him. Ouch.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom