• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN099: Mary of Spike Town!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love mary the girl and love her story looking so much fir this episode. Hope chole come. Sure go will catch at least 5 pokemons and no one for ash

Sounds like a fun episode, not sure putting Gengar up against a Dark type trainer is a good idea though

What makes you so sure it would be Gengar? I mean we could see that Dazzling Gleam move debut or something.

This is a two-parter, right? I'd like to think they're smart enough to not try and fit two+ char debuts and a battle in the same episode.

Honestly Piers and Marnie coming in at the same time feels managable.

If this is JN99 then where's 98?

Presumably it is less interesting and thus less quick to show us.

So Gengar's G-Max was likely a set up for this

I'm guessing the match ups will be like this

Ash's Whoever vs Marnie's Whoever - Marnie's Whoever Wins

Pikachu vs Morpeko - Pikachu wins? (I honestly could see this one going either way)

I'm guessing Gengar vs Grimmsnarl - Gengar Wins

I have a good feeling Gengar will be the MPV of this match but of course there will be an obligatory "fall guy" here

Since the writers are too scared of having Pikachu lose for whatever reason I guess the jobber will be whoever Ash's 3rd Pokemon is (probably either Lucario or Sirfetch'd)

I wonder what rank Marnie is in. I hope she was lower in rank than Volkner was. The anime making Marnie into this ultra strong trainer will feel a little weird to me. Especially if she's ranked higher than most Gym leaders.

What makes you so sure it would be Gengar? I mean we could see that Dazzling Gleam move debut or something.
Given that this battle takes place in Wyndon, it seems likely Gigantamax Gengar will be used.
Where does it mention a Decidueye?
One of the people whose photo is in the tweet is the voice actor for Decidueye. It's mentioned at the beginning of the tweet.
Presumably it is less interesting and thus less quick to show us.
Or it's a spoiler they don't want to reveal yet. Who knows.

Marnie is apparently stronger than most Gym leaders, Iris, etc. in the anime. This is why I didn't want the Galar rivals in the PWC, seeing rookie trainers high level than experienced Gym leader veterans feels odd. Marnie could be lower ranked than Volkner but she's still in Ultra class.

Marnie is apparently stronger than most Gym leaders, Iris, etc. in the anime. This is why I didn't want the Galar rivals in the PWC, seeing rookie trainers high level than experienced Gym leader veterans feels odd. Marnie could be lower ranked than Volkner but she's still in Ultra class.
WCS series rankings are a bit funky. Like people like Ash and Iris are/implied to be joined it later, so their ranks are a bit inaccurate. Like I remember the clickbait around the time Ash battled Visquez. He wasn't weaker than over two thousand others, he just didn't join as quickly.

He, Iris (and implied Raihan and Cynthia) joined it this year while others are probably carryovers from the last year

Marnie got 8 badges in the games (and then became a gym leader), so I don't see the big deal about her being about as strong as Bea in the anime. I will continue to say that the main problem with the PWC is that we're still seeing gym-tier battles this late into the game instead of E4-tier battles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom