• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's fast. This arc is starting even sooner in the year than the Alola league did. That's probably a sign that we're in for a long tournament, although maybe not quite as long as Alola's considering they need to leave some room for Gou's conclusion. I'm feeling more confident that we'll either be getting all 6v6's, or at least be watching a lot more of the non-Ash matches.

Last edited:
It may just be an intro episode. There's still some stuff they might want to cover like Go's arc or if Dawn gets a appearance before the end. This ep might just properly introduce Alan, diantha and Steven

If Ash has a lot of interaction with Alan in this episode it would likely foreshadow their battle. I would imagine whoever Ash interacts with the most will be who his battles.

For example I don't think we'll see much interaction between Ash and Steven or Diantha.

Kinda surprised the Masters 8 is happening before wrapping up Goh's story. I kinda hoped they'd save the Masters 8 for AFTER. Hoping Ash gets to face Alain.
Could be that Project Mew will extend beyond the current series, therefore Gou's Journeys arc will end with him saying goodbye to Ash in order to pursue that. If this were the case, his conclusion would have to happen during the final episodes.

I thought the Masters Eight tournament wouldn’t start until July or later. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts, and how many wrap up episodes there would be afterwards. I still dream about the Pallet Town party episode after Ash vs. Leon, where all of Ash’s friends stop by his hometown and meet each other. I hope Journeys does these next few episodes right, everything Journeys has been building towards has been leading to this.

Could be that Project Mew will extend beyond the current series, therefore Gou's Journeys arc will end with him saying goodbye to Ash in order to pursue that. If this were the case, his conclusion would have to happen during the final episodes.
I think the conclusion of Project Mew will take place at some point after the Masters Tournament. There's still time for that too.

Yeah, I always thought that Project Mew would be Goh's way of exiting the series when JN ends.

I think the conclusion of Project Mew will take place at some point after the Masters Tournament. There's still time for that too.
I don't know, Project Mew concluding will mean that Gou catches or at least befriends Mew. None of Ash's previous companions have ever achieved their dream within a single series before (most of them haven't, period). Gou's dream of getting Mew was meant to mirror Ash's "Pokemon Master" dream by being over-idealistic and unachievable. It makes more sense for the hunt for Mew to continue indefinitely as Ash and Gou part ways. Maybe with a Mohn-style episode in the next series where they meet back up just in time for Gou and Project Mew to finally encounter it.

It has started sooner than I thought, and that is excellent.
Nobody needs more silly and horrendous Journeys Fillers.

I would say that the Masters Tournament will conclude on the first, or second, week of August.
If all battles are going to be 6v6, just hoping that they give a little focus to the other participants' matches as well.

The ideal course of action is making Gou being picked to take part on Project Filler his exit.
He bids farewell, the search happens offscreen; and we jump, after a brief break, into Scarlet and Violet The Series.

Though say, what does that tweet say about the 24th? Can someone please translate?

I have to say, Journeys has been getting right to it in this last quarter/third of the saga. I feel like we get introduced to a cameo or big event and the episode comes out just a couple or several weeks later. But that's not a complaint! I'm looking forward to this - hopefully we get a substantial battle of some kind, rather than an episode purely dedicated to everyone just talking and checking each other out.

Though say, what does that tweet say about the 24th? Can someone please translate?
We just know there's an episode on that date, the title hasn't been decided yet.

Last edited:
Make your bets now, folks. Will Ash battle Alain or Lance? (I don't see how that's a competition, but a lot of people think it's gonna be Lance because of that tease)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom