• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN120: Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Hana Kanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Mariko Nagai: Pippi
Haruka Shamoto: Nyoromo
Wataru Takagi: Enoki
Tomo Sakurai: Yoshino
Eri Kitamura: Sakuragi (Young boy)
Chihiro Ueda: Sota
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Daisuke Namikawa: Koharu's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

This whole ordeal is so much worse than “Lost at the League”. That was terrible too, but at least it only lasted for one week, and then we were right back into the Unova League the next week. Having a clip show, a Chloe episode, another clip show, and a week break, all before the next actual Masters Eight episode, is atrocious. They effectively took an entire month break between the quarterfinals and semifinals. That is unacceptable, and it’s a shame that Chloe’s story will be known for interrupting the Masters Eight to this extent. My hype is pretty low right now.

Let me guess, a boring episode that could had easily been filler but they shoehorned some backstory for one of the minor characters so that it is not technically filler?

"The possibilities are endless Eevee."

Chloe smiles.

"Except they actually aren't because nobody will see us again after Journeys for years or decades."

Eevee's eyes light up.

"Oh isn't this great Eevee? I'm going to be your secret taxi driver from this day on."

Eevee happily hugs Chloe as they celebrate the fact that they achieved absolutely nothing.

This whole ordeal is so much worse than “Lost at the League”. That was terrible too, but at least it only lasted for one week, and then we were right back into the Unova League the next week. Having a clip show, a Chloe episode, another clip show, and a week break, all before the next actual Masters Eight episode, is atrocious. They effectively took an entire month break between the quarterfinals and semifinals. That is unacceptable, and it’s a shame that Chloe’s story will be known for interrupting the Masters Eight to this extent. My hype is pretty low right now.

If it's any consolation...there's a 99.999% chance the English dub will skip the two clip show episodes so if you're still watching this show in English (for some reason) then the pacing won't be quite as atrocious.

I wonder what was the message of this episode? It portrays change as something positive since both the dad and his Clefairy eventually grew up and moved on. The dad has his role as a father and a professor and the Clefable helps the young Clefairy evolve and preform the ceremony.

But Chloe and Eevee don't want to change and perhaps are even scared of change. They don't have a goal. I think Chloe's arc suffers from the fact that we are told that she might change in the future but a whole season has passed and no real change seems to have happened. Show don't tell!

Compare to May and Serena who eventually found their goals and evolved their Eevees.

Dawn's mother inspired her to become a coordinator, Serena's mother served as an antagonist but eventually accepted her daughter's desire to become independent and follow her own dreams. How does Chloe's dad impact her?

Last edited:
IMG_20220805_095429.jpg

This actually felt more like a backstory ep for her father than a Koharu ep. This would have been a decent filler aired at any point in the series. Also the third Mt. Moon episode of the series, hard to believe the previous time we saw it was Misty interacting with Max....which proved how long ago that was given Max never appeared in the show again a year later.

Yep...just as boring & pointless as we'd feared...
(I've seen Johto fillers that were less boring :cautious:)

And is anyone else bothered that the early scenes were a recap about Chloe & Eevee when the last episode was a clip show about them? :(

Last edited:
A distract episode for Chloe and her family enjoy themselves outside after boys in Galar on World Championship of Master 8. Nonetheless, that Chloe didn't catch another pokemon since Eevee will be her only long partner since at the first quarter of the series. As professor Cerise finally met his long lost childhood friend after the disappeared.

Overall rating: C+

Chloe’s and Eevee arc was a waste. No Serena again. Convinced that Matsui hates Serena or they couldn’t find a shot of Eevee+Sylveon+Serena. That Poliwag reminded me of the one where Ash and Serena first met.
This would of been an ok filler if this wasn’t in the middle of the masters 8. Best thing was Yamper finally getting a lot of screentime again.

This is the episode that determines whether Chloe and Eevee are a meh part of Journeys or a bad part of Journeys.

Spoiler alert - they are a bad part of Journeys - individual episode are mostly average to good but there’s only about a dozen and by the end you’ll think it was a waste of time…

Anyone gonna talk about how both Journeys episodes to not even feature Ash and Pikachu have involved the focus character and their family going on a camping trip? Also how in spite of Koharu never being officially elevated to main character status, she’s one of 2 characters in the entire anime’s history who had an episode to not even feature an appearance of Ash and Pikachu (and in this case, the first Journeys episode to not feature Go).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom