• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN129: The Finals I: "Torrent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...if Leon is a three parter that might be an ominous sign. quoting myself:
Episode 131 has been part of a prominent Ash defeat oddly often:
AG 131 was the Hoenn league finals
DP 131 was the start of the Lake Acuity battle
XY 131 was the Kalos League finals
Literally half the episode 131s!

Predictions:
Dracovish vs Seismitoad: Dracovish wins
Dracovish vs Rhyperior: Rhyperior wins
Dragonite vs Rhyperior: Dragonite wins
Sirfetch’d vs Mr. Rime: Sirfetch’d wins
Sirfetch’d vs Rillaboom: Rillaboom wins
Gengar vs Rillaboom: Gengar wins
Gengar vs Dragapult: Dragapult wins
Dragonite vs Dragapult: Dragonite wins
Dragonite vs Charizard: Charizard wins
Mega Lucario vs GMAX Charizard: GMAX Charizard wins but GMAX timer runs out allowing…
Pikachu vs Charizard: Pikachu wins

If anyone still thinks that the next series isn't a direct continuation (called Pocket Monsters just like every piece of merchandise implies), please explain why the writers have wasted time on four recaps and a Cinderace filler episode (and more breaks than usual) instead of doing anything with Project Mew.

Go is the one with an unfinished story. Ash will have to go back to square one whether or not he loses to Leon (he will).

Last edited:
If anyone still thinks that the next series isn't a direct continuation (called Pocket Monsters just like every piece of merchandise implies), please explain why the writers have wasted time on four recaps and a Cinderace filler episode (and more breaks than usual) instead of doing anything with Project Mew.

Go is the one with an unfinished story. Ash will have to go back to square one whether or not he loses to Leon (he will).
I don't know why you continue to insist that Journeys is continuing despite no hardcore proof. We know absolutely nothing other than something unusual is going behind the scenes production wise because of all these pointless clip shows. Just stop insisting until we have absolute proof.

I don't know why you keep insisting that the series is ending without any solid evidence. By this point for every series, every companion's story had reached its closure... and the subsequent series had actually been confirmed. It is only natural to be suspicious, especially for a series titled Pocket Monsters.

To say nothing of the fact that the dub was said by Netflix to have 54 episodes (16 more than expected), a statement that was only retracted due to the confusion it caused.

Do the people in charge of the anime think we love Clip Shows more than we actually do, please not another one, 3 in the space of 10 episodes is bad enough without a fourth
Its clear that something is going on behind the scenes if they're having 4 clip shows. Its extremely frustrating because there's no transparency. I know Covid-19 impacted their production schedule and probably threw things off schedule, but geez. This has gotten ridiculous.

Its clear that something is going on behind the scenes if they're having 4 clip shows. Its extremely frustrating because there's no transparency. I know Covid-19 impacted their production schedule and probably threw things off schedule, but geez. This has gotten ridiculous.
Whoops, had hoped I had deleted that comment before anyone saw it as I posted it on the wrong thread

Predictions:
Dracovish vs Seismitoad: Dracovish wins
Dracovish vs Rhyperior: Rhyperior wins
Dragonite vs Rhyperior: Dragonite wins
Sirfetch’d vs Mr. Rime: Sirfetch’d wins
Sirfetch’d vs Rillaboom: Rillaboom wins
Gengar vs Rillaboom: Gengar wins
Gengar vs Dragapult: Dragapult wins
Dragonite vs Dragapult: Dragonite wins
Dragonite vs Charizard: Charizard wins
Mega Lucario vs GMAX Charizard: GMAX Charizard wins but GMAX timer runs out allowing…
Pikachu vs Charizard: Pikachu wins

Its unrealistic if Rillaboom doesn't at least take out 2 mons.

Oh my god, I literally just wrote a post in the JN128????? thread that is very similar to this one, without even seeing yours first. Great minds think alike! :D

Courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

y5aM92t.jpg

The position as number 1 is at stake! The Pokémon World Championships Masters Tournament FINALS IS SATOSHI VS DANDE!!

The tournament that has been filled with fierce fights, and which the position as the greatest at Pokémon battling is at stake, has at last reached the finals! Who will ultimately win? Will it be Satoshi? Or will it be Dande?

SATOSHI:
Completely novel ideas?! Will Satoshi get the victory of his dreams using "Satoshi strategies"?
Satoshi's Pokémon battling always makes use of completely novel ideas where you never know what's going to happen! If he nails his trademark Satoshi-style strategies in the critical moment, can he even beat Dande...?!

Surprising ideas turn trouble into chances for victory!
Satoshi has quickly gotten out of countless troublesome situations by using moves in ways that shocked absolutely everyone. These are all unconventional strategies he's able to use precisely because of his strong mutual bond with his Pokémon!

*Controlling the electricity from 1 Million Volt Thunderbolt at will!
*Knocking back rocks with Iron Tail!
*Spinning around while firing off Thunderbolt!
*Destroying Stealth Rock with Negigaknight's shield!
(captions here are illegible)

DANDE:
This is the power of the reigning champ! He's overwhelmed everyone in the battles on his way to the finals!
Dande is completely undefeated in official matches, and is so strong that this has held true for his matches against the formidable opponents in the Masters Tournament as well. Will he also be able to show Satoshi the power of the reigning champ?!

Dande's Pokémon are all at ace-tier strength!!
Dande has only used 3 Pokémon thus far! No matter which Pokémon he sends out, it won't be easily defeated!
(illegible blurb)

----------

A DIGEST OF SATOSHI AND DANDE'S BATTLES THUS FAR
Let us showcase how Satoshi and Dande have fought so far, and which of their Pokémon you should keep an eye on!

SATOSHI:

ROUND 1: VS DAIGO
Though Uonoragon got defeated, Satoshi passed the first round thanks to Gangar landing one victory and Pikachu landing two!
*Gangar won over Bossgodora with "Will-O-Wisp", which inflicts the Burned condition on the opponent!
*Pikachu landed the finishing blow with "Iron Tail" after stopping the opponent in place with "1 Million Volt Thunderbolt"!

SEMIFINALS: VS SHIRONA
Satoshi was in trouble after Pikachu got defeated by Shirona's Mikaruge's "Destiny Bond"! However, his Mega Evolved fought hard and managed to defeat both Togekiss and Gablias in succession! This amazing turnabout resulted in advancing to the finals!
*Negigaknight demonstrated its willpower while cornered by Shirona's attacks!
*Lucario fought valiantly against the Daimaxed Togekiss and Shirona's ace Gablias!!

THE POKÉMON OF SATOSHI'S YOU SHOULD KEEP AN EYE ON: MEGA LUCARIO
*Lucario has a special bond with Satoshi through the power of wave guidance. They are truly one in body and soul (rest is cut off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom