• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN130: The Finals II: "Toy Around"

Another good part full of some surprising twists and turns.

The next part's looking to be a banger too so let's hope things cap off nicely before Eterantus does.... things or mess it all up.

Epic battle with heart wrecking moment everywhere. Which either one doesn't give it up. Also, finally Dragonite got the W and Lucario L. Look like the finishing move is going to relaying on Z-Move to conclude the battle for sure since Gigantamax is so disadvantage.

Overall rating: A-

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Kenyu Horiuchi: Professor Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Etsuko Kozakura: Pochama
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Megumi Toyoguchi: Hikari
Daisuke Ono: Dande
Tomo Sakurai: Shirona
Fumiko Orikasa: Carne
Marina Inoue: Sonia
Takuto Yoshinaga: Hop
Yo Kitazawa: Danpei

Leon's strategy here was to deal some damage to all of Pokémon, meaning that Ash's remaining four Pokémon all at least a bit tired out, while all of Leon's remaining Pokémon are still fresh and unhurt.

Also, still wondering what Dracovish exactly did.

Lucario could afford the loss, so I'm not mad about it losing.
People are leaving out that it got a KO though against Mr. Rime. So it isn’t like it just took a complete L as a narrative choice - it did faint, but it put in notable effort too in the long run just as Gengar did with Inteleon.

So ... I haven't watched this episode yet. Are the odds in Ash's favor or Leon's favor?

So with this Ash has surpassed the high mark of all other trainers against Leon, two defeated mons. Like some side material noted that two KOS is the most anyone has gotten against him. At worst Ash has overcome that

Last edited:
So ... I haven't watched this episode yet. Are the odds in Ash's favor or Leon's favor?
Ash is down Lucario and Gengar whilst Leon is down Inteleon, Mr. Rime and Dragapult

Ash may have more Pokemon but his team have all battled whereas Charizard hasn't battled, Rillaboom was sent out at the end of the episode and Cinderace has taken little to no damage so the odds are more in Leon's favour I think

Haven't seen the ep yet, but Lucario being out already is fine to me, since it's probably still tired from fighting Cynthia's Togekiss and Garchomp(like how in Johto Harrison didn't use Blaziken because it couldn't fight after battling Charizard).
Nah. Ash's team was well rested. Lucario just took some super effective damage and got paralyzed.

Other leagues have back to back matches every day, while the M8 has longer breaks. Lucario to be that popped would take a beating like 'he soloed Cynthia's team 1-6'
That is why, Alola mechanic will be the one that achieve victory the most. Unless, Writer give Ash Gigantamax Pikachu, that will be so unsatisfied.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom