• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN134: Seize the Future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tumblr_l_93098009929547.jpg

Episode staff, provided by Dephender:

Screenplay: 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard: 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director: 太田彬彦 (Akihiko Ota)
Animation Director: 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)
Animation Director: 大山愛子 (Aiko Oyama)
Animation Director: 中村希実代 (Kimiyo Nakamura)

PS. The thread title is missing an exclamation point.

Ughhhhhhh I don't want to add to the continuous dislike for Gou and this storyline but like...this is such a snooze-fest after the climax of the Masters 8 tournament and the fact that it's lasting two episodes...

And the fact that they're seemingly only giving one episode to wrap up the series after this- really?? Regardless of whether or not it's the end of Satoshi's story that's ridiculous, and no matter how they cut it it'll feel rushed. I'm hoping this episode at least has a Satoshi B plot or something, but I'm not holding my hopes very high.

Ughhhhhhh I don't want to add to the continuous dislike for Gou and this storyline but like...this is such a snooze-fest after the climax of the Masters 8 tournament and the fact that it's lasting two episodes...

And the fact that they're seemingly only giving one episode to wrap up the series after this- really?? Regardless of whether or not it's the end of Satoshi's story that's ridiculous, and no matter how they cut it it'll feel rushed. I'm hoping this episode at least has a Satoshi B plot or something, but I'm not holding my hopes very high.

Right? It seems to me people don't care much for what happens in a series after the League (even the awesomeness of the Flare arc was largely ignored because a lot of people was pissed at Ash losing :cry:) so they REALLY won't care about a (fairly) disliked character in an afterthought of a storyline.
They'll be even MORE annoyed that it will take away from the last episode and make it all the more stuffed and rushed...

Right? It seems to me people don't care much for what happens in a series after the League (even the awesomeness of the Flare arc was largely ignored because a lot of people was pissed at Ash losing :cry:) so they REALLY won't care about a (fairly) disliked character in an afterthought of a storyline.
They'll be even MORE annoyed that it will take away from the last episode and make it all the more stuffed and rushed...
From what I remember, the Team Flare arc was still pretty well received. The backlash from the Kalos League was loud and intense, but it cooled down after a couple of weeks in large part because fans seemed to like the Team Flare arc. I don't know if it was different elsewhere, but that's what I remember from fans on this site.

Granted, I'm not expecting these Project Mew episodes to be received that well for a few reasons, but if the finale is rushed and stuffed, I wouldn't put the blame on these episodes for that, at least not right now. That would be the result of Journeys being too fast paced for its own good in general instead of specifically just because of these two episodes.

From what I remember, the Team Flare arc was still pretty well received. The backlash from the Kalos League was loud and intense, but it cooled down after a couple of weeks in large part because fans seemed to like the Team Flare arc. I don't know if it was different elsewhere, but that's what I remember from fans on this site.

Granted, I'm not expecting these Project Mew episodes to be received that well for a few reasons, but if the finale is rushed and stuffed, I wouldn't put the blame on these episodes for that, at least not right now. That would be the result of Journeys being too fast paced for its own good in general instead of specifically just because of these two episodes.
When I first watched XY, I remember being livid enough about Ash vs. Alain that it clouded my judgment, since I couldn’t bring myself to enjoy the Team Flare arc at all. However, on the XY rewatch I did earlier this year, I was able to appreciate the Team Flare arc and enjoyed it drastically more the second time. When you learn to let go of the Kalos League finals results, the Team Flare arc gets much better. It helps that Ash has now defeated Leon, who defeated Alain himself. Time heals all wounds.

Oh, Mew seems to have so much fun! It is such a cute murderer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom