• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN135: Pokémon! I'm Glad I Got to Meet You!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Scheduled for December 9.
Tumblr_l_93098009929547.jpg

I believe this thread was posted first, and the policy is that the thread that was created first is maintained.

Really... i didn't know that.

Then the other one should get deleted.

Anyways

Interesting.

This is a celebration/end of PWC meetup with the companions at Oaks i think. Alola mons are being present as well.

Potential last episode of Journeys maybe?

Because that title does sound like an ending sort of one.

This is def the finale of Journey. Guessing the two previous episodes conclude Project Mew and here is where Goh and Ash reunite, share their accomplishments, and part ways. Although, even though people are sick of hearing it, this title does give series finale vibes. Only the BW finale had a comparable title but back then, we already knew Ash was returning for another series so it's def newer ground

I'm not sure if it's the last episode for Journeys, but it definitely gives off more of a farewell episode vibe to me based on the title. With the other episodes wrapping up the Project Mew storyline, I could easily picture Ash and Goh getting to reunite with this episode, get some moments together as they talk about what they've been doing and then lead into the two of them going their separate ways. Goh going off to work with Project Mew full time makes the most sense for his character and devoting an episode to the departure would be fitting when they've been set on the Ash and Goh dynamic since the series began.

It wouldn't be a stretch for this to be the last episode of Journeys. Most farewell episodes tend to be the series finale, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was another episode to potentially lead into the next series too.

It wouldn't be a stretch for this to be the last episode of Journeys. Most farewell episodes tend to be the series finale, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was another episode to potentially lead into the next series too.

In itself, Episode 135 being the last episode of Journeys would be pretty weird.

This would mean there's only a month to go for Journeys. However, they have not announced anything about a new season (not even a vague poster).

Episode staff, provided by Dephender:

Screenplay: 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard: 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director: 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director: 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director: 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Big talent working with this episode. Definitely smells like a series finale episode to me.

In itself, Episode 135 being the last episode of Journeys would be pretty weird.

This would mean there's only a month to go for Journeys. However, they have not announced anything about a new season (not even a vague poster).
It is a weird situation, but I assume that the production problems are a big reason why they haven't announced any new series yet. If they're struggling with clip shows to wrap up the Master Class battles, then they wouldn't have much to show for a new series. I do hope that they'll announce something after this week's episode, but I'm not sure how likely that is either. If a new series is going to start in January, then starting the promotion now would kind of work. They didn't announce Journeys until about two months before it was set to air and having a bit of a break between this episode and the start of a new series could help with their production problems too.

If we hear anything about what's next on Friday, I don't think a logo or key art's out of the question
now that the Masters Tournament's ending this weekend, but we'll see,

As for this episode, I still don't think the anime's ending for good and that the title
was just referencing the series' name Pokémon like when the Japanese version of DP
named the final episode "Memories Are Pearls! Friendship Is a Diamond!!"

That episode title and staff combination is spooky… :confused:

Very happy that it doesn’t seem like they’re rushing an ending out though. I wonder what the odds are that this genuinely does ends up being the final episode that follows Ash/TR?

Last edited:
December 9th Amourshipping will become canon
Let's be real, that was a one-sided romantic relationship. Ash seemed to view her as just a friend more than a girlfriend. Ash never really showed any signs of returning the feelings.

Last edited:
That episode title and staff combination is spooky… :confused:

Very happy that it doesn’t seem like they’re rushing an ending out though. I wonder what the odds are that this genuinely does ends up being the final episode that follows Ash/TR?
It’s a tough call but I’m leaning more towards that the title is there to serve as a reference to the first episode to close out the 25th anniversary series as opposed to Ash’s story in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom