• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN136: Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!

There was Ho-Oh, I was hoping so much for that.

Ash met his Butterfree together with its girlfriend. I haven't expected that, but I'm so excited.

Goh met Misty on the other hand.

Seems that we are gettin one special with AU Ash, one special with main series Ash and an anime with brand new heroes? What the heck is happening here.

Ash met his Butterfree together with its girlfriend. I haven't expected that, but I'm so excited.

Goh met Misty on the other hand.
When did all this happen? I watched the episode live and I've seen people talk about butterfree and post the screenshot but I must've missed it or something. Was it at the very end of the episode? Because the live kinda seemed cut off.

Journeys wasn't that great of a series... but this ending was decent and still better than whatever the hell Iris and Cilan's departure was.

It's crazy to think we've reached the end of another era only this time after the big announcement it's the end of well my sort of era.

Guess it's out with the old and in with the new as they always see. But hey, maybe in this new era I can still have a bit of old me hanging about for funsies.

I feel underwhelmed and confused. The best bits were really Kasumi hugging Inteleon at her gym and Satoshi meeting Butterfree again which were cameo moments after the credits. The bulk of the episode was just boring (although I have to admit I missed most of the Lugia flying scenes because of pop-ups…) Satoshi and Go’s separation felt oddly unemotional. Those seeking a party got one though not the one they would have wanted…

Morpeko managed to mess things up for the TRio one last time and remains in situ. Although their scenes looked oddly reminiscent of Tamagawa’s artstyle?! Has someone been drawing like that for the entire series and I’ve just missed it for not watching episodes?!?!!! Also 10 points to whoever suggested they would raise Pikachu as the ultimate goal to Sakaki after its recent victory, although they didn’t name it outright…

What is coming next I don’t understand and I’m not sure I want to…

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Shogo Sakata: Inteleon
Marina Aicholtz: Casey
Kenta Miyake: Sakaki
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

I mean, it was quite a good episode. A nice sendoff for Goh and from what I thought when the episode was airing a nice way to end Journeys. However, I did have a few extra thoughts when I found Ash was leaving. They really should have made more for him, but he is getting 11 episodes. I do feel it is the best way to end the main series though. 8/10

This was actually a decent ending for the series. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to see the series end though. Finally! Here's to hoping the new protagonists won't have the same mistake of having a capture focused goal. It was so nice to see Misty again and the biggest surprise of all was seeing Butterfree after 1200 episodes. Overall, Ash and Goh's goodbye was handled well. For en ending, it was decent.

Now that we know this is the final main series episode for Ash, I kind of feel that the episode titles for JN135 and JN136 should have been swapped around, meaning:
JN135 - Satoshi and Go! Embark on a New Journey!!
JN136 - Pokémon! I'm Glad I Got to Meet You!

This way, the episode titles still work thematically, we get a callback to the second episode of JN (Satoshi and Go, Let's Go by Lugia!) with the second-last episode of JN, and we get a callback to the first episode of the Pokemon anime (Pokémon! I Choose You!) with the last episode of the Pokemon anime.

So oh my gosh.

It’s really happening.

We’re getting new protags.

I guess now we know why Japan was being so secretive about this. I’ll admit that they got us good. And it does make sense to retire Ash now while he’s at the top. I’m also very excited to learn more about these new protags and their dreams and goals so this is a BIG win for me.

I didn't like Go, nor did I care for this series as a whole, but I felt a bit emotional since I had seen the previews before the episode. The knowledge this is the last time we'll have a multi-year series that follows Ash made the departure feel heavier.

I'll miss it. Journeys and in a couple of months Ash.
The episode was nice. Some cameos like of Jigglypuff (with a marker/mic) and Butterfree.

And some classic TRio action. Too bad it ended too soon. Also, I was hoping some of TRio's pokémon who they left at HQ would pop up when they were walking in the hallways.

This made my Morning!

I knew Misty was best girl but Holy Shit!
20221216_110917.jpg
20221216_110517.jpg

SHE HAS GOD TIER TASTE!!!!

MY FAVORITE POKEGIRL AND FAVORITE GALAR STARTER!

What a decent ending of the series. Especially, the reunion of Butterfree that almost shed the tears following the 25 year of release.

Overall rating: A+

The people who said their was NO WAY for new protagonists to take the spotlight are real quiet right now.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom