• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP87 title

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
Sushi said:
DP087: The Psyduck Roadblock!
Roomaji: Koduck no toosenbo!
Airdate: July 24th, 2008

*Break on July 17th: Broadcast of "Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai"
*Break on July 31st: Naruto 1-hour-Special

Source: PokéAni

Cynthia again? o_O

And these breaks can suck it. Now we need 3 one hour specials in a row to compensate the breaks in June-July -.-

It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be true!
It HAS to be motherfuckass true!

FUCK YOU, damn breaks!

But it must be true!
It better is true!
And Shirona better appears!
And Secret Potion, too!
And maybe Futomaki!
No, he won't.
Anyway, this just has to be unclefuckin' true!

So it's the game event after passing through Hearthome City. Nothing too surprising. The journey to Celestic Town is underway.

Maybe Misty and Crasher Wake will be in it. Or maybe not.

On the breaks, July 31st is the Thursday before the movie release for Naruto so it could have been an airing of the fourth movie akin to July 17 anyway. I don't know why TV Tokyo feel the need to have an hour-long special go over Pokémon's timeslot after how good they've been at balancing the two series lately.

Last edited:
I already figured they'd head for Celestic first (that's what you do in the games), then get back to Hearthome for the Gym Battle.

...Breaks again. Absol-fucking-utely fail. >_>

So it's the game event after passing through Hearthome City. Nothing too surprising. The journey to Celestic Town is underway.

Maybe not surprising but everyone was telling me they are going to omit it! And they don't (hopefully, remember it's not 100% confimed)

Uh, I know what will happen in the episode

Satoshi & Co. arrive to the Maid Cafe. Futomaki, Urayma, Lotery Girl Susie (Felicity) and Sailor Namiki (Eldtritch) are all there. Futomaki says that something is wrong with Koduck's footprints. But Namiki says it is wrong because they are standing there like idiots and blocking the road for no reason. Then, Shirona comes. She wants to heal the Koducks with her miraculous Secret Medicine from Tanba City. But Shinji disturbs her. He says he wants to kill those Koducks with his Mewtwo's power because they are too weak. Shinji sends out his Pokemon. Shirona wants to stop him. But suddenly a big Shigeru's head appears and shouts "Shinji, you are an idiot!" and then Shinji runs off and Mewtwo turns out to be actually a Golduck messing with Shinji's brain. Then, Shirona gives Satoshi a key item (Old Charm) to deliver to her grandma, and our heroes go straight to Kannagi Town.

I already figured they'd head for Celestic first (that's what you do in the games).
Not only that, they would have taken longer to get to Hearthome if the Gym battle was right now. Even Johto followed that, as Olivine-Ecruteak was covered in one episode.

I hope we get to see Cynthia again too, we haven't seen her since the Mismagius episode, right? And that was in a dream too.

I'm not too excited about this one but Sinnoh fillers have surprised me before, (look at how great the Miltank/Maid cafe ep was), so I guess I'll wait till I see more.

Excited...kind of?

I mean I never gave a shit about the Psyducks, because besides Misty's, I really don't care. And Cynthia is cool.

But these breaks suck...

I find it hilarious that they are dedicating an entire ep to this. Hopefully, it will one of those eps where the writers are on drugs and we get something totally insane.

It is true. Serebii.com has it posted on the main page.

Right, because Serebii is the most reliable source ever. >_> He posted the fake Shaymin sky form on the front page, for crying out loud. Anyway, since Pokéani was the one to announce it, we can assume it's true.

People at Serebiiforums started bitching for a contest in Kannagi Town.

But I think that a Contest set in Kannagi Town would stink like hell.

The Kannagi Town is supposed to be a very small, entirely legend-based city with Shirona's Grandma being an elder.

I just don't see a motherfuckass Contest in such place.

The Kannagi Town should be a mini-arc based on legends and Team Ginga (we should see Akagi for the first time), not another enter-for-two-episodes-do-a-Contest-and-then-leave-Town. It would suck. I don't want them to spoil another chance to show Ginga!

We DON'T WANT a Contest in Kannagi (there are better places for holding a Contest, honestly). We want a folklore and Ginga based mini-arc!

And we don't want another town to be spoilt by anime!

Remember that for your lives, producers!

Who else agrees with me?

This episode happens after the 11th movie, right?. Then I have a suspiction about this episode, and it's about that I think somebody will catch a Psyduck in this episode. And the only candidate that I found for this is... Brock!!!. Maybe you are wondering why?, Why would Brock catch a Psyduck?. Well, allow me to explain it to you making a little "field trip" to Pokemon's first seasons.

+ Hypno's Naptime: The episode where Misty "caught" her Psyduck. In the City's Pokemon Center, there was many Pokemons which they were behaving strangely. They all seem to have lost their liveliness. And there was a very strange Psyduck who it was in a very bad condition. The problem was solved with the help of a Drowzee, but the Psyduck was still holding its head. Brock said that caring for Pokémon was his ambition and offered himself to care the Psyduck. (Actually, he only said that for impress the Nurse Joy). So Psyduck follows Brock as the group leaves the city. But then, Brock suddenly decided that he didn't want Psyduck. It was a water Pokémon, so he suggested that Misty take it, but Misty didn't want such a boring Pokémon. Misty then tripped and fell down. One of her Pokéballs rolled down to Psyduck, Psyduck taped it and the Pokéball opens up and captures Psyduck inside. That is how Misty gets stuck with Psyduck, because Brock didn't want to care of him after he promised to do it.

+ Bye Bye Psyduck: The episode of the Orange Islands where Misty though that her Psyduck had evolved. After Misty wion a battle against her new friend, Marina, holds out a Pokéball and said Golduck to take a rest... but then Psyduck popped out of it. As Misty tried to sort out the situation, Golduck saw three girls walking along the beach. He run over and started to flexing his muscles. Marina realized that it wasn't Misty's Golduck at all, it was just a Golduck that liked to show off in front of girls. "It's just a Pokémon version of Brock" agreed Misty, shattered. What a surprise!. A Pokemon who behaves just like Brock. And not just that, because if you had noticed, Brock and Golduck have even the same hairstyle.

+ Pokemon Ending (Kaze no Message): If you have noticed in the very first scene of the ending, a panorama of the main characters and their Pokémon, there's two gaps in the photo. There's one that is formed by Dawn, Ambipom and Croagunk, which I think it will be occupied by Swinub when Dawn has captured it. The other one is behind Brock, which could mean that he will catch another Pokemon in the future. So, what about if that future Brock's Pokemon is a Psyduck that evolves to Golduck?.

+ Remember another Brock's Pokemon: Ludicolo, with his beak, it looks like a duck very much, just like Golduck. And in "A Chip Off the Old Brock", Brock's Mudkip evolved into a Marshtomp during a training battle versus Ash's Grovyle. It then became smitten with a Flaaffy, as Brock was smitten by its trainer. Ludicolo and Marshtomp are both of them from the Water Type, so Brock's would have a third Water Type with this one. Sudowoodo could have been a perfect Pokemon for Brock in the Johto's Journeys, but he never catch one of those in Johto. He only had one of these Pokemon when he caught a Bonsly in his second journey across and it evolved in Sinnoh.

+ About a character catching the same Pokemon that another one (Brock's catching one of Misty's Pokemon), I think that won't stop it because it already happened before. May caught a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle just like Ash, Jessie and May caught a Wurmple both of them (although each one evolved different), May's Beautifly is nearly just like Ash's Butterfree and Dawn's Pachirisu is very similar to Ash's Pikachu.

So, what do you think?. Do you think that it could happen too?.

PD: We already know that not all the Psyducks are just like the Misty's one. Do you remember Marina's Psyduck from "Bye Bye Psyduck"?. Or Emily's Psyduck from the episode "Sitting Psyduck"?.

The movie break is understandable,and I guess naruto got a special because of the lenght of the movie.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the big deal about the breaks? We've known there was nothing on the 17th for awhile, and it only makes sense Naruto would preempt us to compensate.

Anyway, this sounds like it could be a fun episode. The Gureggru episode didn't sound very interesting at first, but that turned out to be the best filler yet.

82 was by no means a filler. It introduced Pastoria and Wake, explained Carnivines backstory and gave Brock a 1377 jacket. I'm kinda disappointed w/ this new title. Psyduck is SO overused. DP is supposed to be about generation 2 and 4 Pokemon. Psyduck is like 11 years old.

Last edited:
Sob.. too many breaks. ;-; I don't usually mind, but the last few I've ended up forgetting about the break on the day when I believe the episode will be aired, so I end up disappointed.

Er anyway. Psyduck episode. I can see this being a rather hilarious little episode~ Althought personally I just can't wait till they actually reach Celestic Town. If Cyrus or at least one of the other Commanders don't appear there, I think I might lose what little hope I have left for TG having a good plot. >:

82 was by no means a filler. It introduced Pastoria and Wake, explained Carnivines backstory and gave Brock a 1377 jacket. I'm kinda disappointed w/ this new title. Psyduck is SO overused. DP is supposed to be about generation 2 and 4 Pokemon. Psyduck is like 11 years old.

That is a good point about Psyduck being old. I think the only reason they're doing this is just the simple fact that it's an actual game event.

Wonder if we'll be back at the maid Cafe?

Yay for a new title. Boo for it being a Psyduck filler. Another boo because of all the frickin brakes.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom