• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden is now hiring! - APPLICATION PERIOD ENDS 1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Sure, the economy is bad, and people are getting laid off by the hundreds of thousands every week, but everything's looking up for us. There are a large number of (unpaid!) positions now available at Bulbagarden; the positions, the qualifications one needs, and the method of application are listed below.

At a minimum, new staff members will receive a fancy name and special forums access, plus additional access depending on the position.

If you have any questions, as it says in most of the job descriptions, feel free to contact Archaic, myself, or any of the other administrators.

Please note that anyone may apply for any position, but we will take into account forum activity and tenure. Bulbagarden does not discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation, physical disability, or anything else covered under applicable federal, state, and local laws.

Edit, 1/4/09: When it says to "send" something to that user, please send it via private message. Thanks!

Bulbanews writer - Argy is looking for a handful of full-time staff writers to help her out on Bulbanews. In order to attain this job, Argy asks that you begin contributing to Bulbanews and familiarize yourself with the method of article submission and other stylistic conventions. If you have questions, feel free to contact her. After contributions are made, we will promote the best contributors to staff. We're looking to hire at least two new Bulbanews staff writers.

Bulbagarden Forums Moderator - The forum needs a few new moderators. If you have a section you'd be interested in moderating, send a statement of interest and any qualifications you might have to evkl (me). The statement of interest should list why you want to a moderator, what forum you intend to moderate, and what you would bring to the staff and community. It doesn't have to be long--a paragraph works. We're looking to hire at least one new forum moderator.

Creative Consultant - As a major part of Project: Overgrow, Archaic has named me to head the Creative Development Group, also known as the Growth Group. The goal of this group will be to improve the services of Bulbagarden to the community, and to that end, we want a few non-staff people involved in the site improvement process. If you're interested in helping us make Bulbagarden better, send a statement of interest to evkl (me) listing what you think you could bring to the Creative Development Group. We'll take on as many good applicants as we get to this particular group.

RPG Manager - Bulbagarden is looking for someone to be a GameMaster to site-sponsored RPGs. If you're interested, send a statement of interest to evkl (me) listing any previous RPG qualifications and the amount of time you have to dedicate to this position. We're looking to hire one new person for this position.

Art Consultant - Bulbagarden needs someone to assist in the design of templates, site logos, and the like. Some web coding experience is preferable but not required. Send a portfolio and short resume, detailing your abilities and accomplishments, if any, to evkl or Kasumi. We're looking to hire one new person to be an art consultant.

Marketing/Promotions Manager - We're looking for someone mature, responsible, and with a reasonable amount of free time to run giveaways, promotions, and marketing for Bulbagarden. This is the only position that has an age requirement--we request that if you apply, you are a legal adult in your country of residence (18 years of age in America). For a more detailed description of what this job entails, contact evkl (me.) If you're interested in applying, please send evkl (me) a statement of interest including any reasons you want this job in particular and your current location (country is fine, don't need any specifics more than that). We're looking to hire one new person as our Promotions Manager.

Last edited:
What's the picture limit on portfolios for the art consultant? Like, a minimum of five or a max of 20.. or something. I just want to know an idea of how many pictures I should go ahead and dig up XD

I would like to apply to be a forums moderator

Aren't I already a writer? Or is there "regular" writer and "staff" writer? I'll do anything that is needed to be done on Bulbanews.

• Staff
Tina, I'd say sending in your top 5 to 10 is probably a good idea. Obviously we want to have a good idea of what your abilities are, so pick the work that best demonstrates you.

Kuki, then follow the means of application laid out in the post.

Matt, "staff" writers will gain additional access and be more involved with any big Bulbanews projects. Of course, if you're already involved, that's great--get in touch with Argy if you're interested in getting even more involved.

I could probably apply for some.

Last edited:
  • Staff
Again, guys, if you're interested, PM the 'right person' a statement of interest. A post of "I want the job" isn't enough.

Matt, I was not aware that you were on the forums, but I have designated you as Bulbanews staff, so you now have an italicized name like other Bulbagarden staff members. :)

Since it wasn't mentioned earlier, I'm also interested in putting opinion columns on Bulbanews. These have to be well organized, thought-out essays, more or less. Do not post these to Bulbanews without first private messaging them to me.. Any opinion content posted without going through me first will be deleted. I'd like regular columnists if possible.

ITT: People don't read the directions

If you would like to apply for the position, you should send evkl a PM about it, not ask for the position in this thread.

Well, I'm interested in the Art Mod position, but I'm rather unsure about applying for it. My strengths rely mostly on edited art (i.e. banners, avatars etc.) rather than canvas work. Would this is be a problem, and/or would it be okay to submit examples ranging from both areas?

Last edited:
We're looking for more towards the banner/avatar/etc. thing, but you can submit both. Remember, this art is going to be used on the site, if that gives you an idea of generally what we're looking at.

Also, to answer a question that I've been getting a lot of, we aren't even going to start filling positions for at least a week, so there's still plenty of time to apply.

Yes, I know, this is a double post, I'm sorry. :-( Won't happen again.

Since it wasn't mentioned earlier, I'm also interested in putting opinion columns on Bulbanews. These have to be well organized, thought-out essays, more or less. Do not post these to Bulbanews without first private messaging them to me.. Any opinion content posted without going through me first will be deleted. I'd like regular columnists if possible.

Argy, how would I go about applying as an opinion columnist? Do I just submit potential columns to you, or should I apply in the same way Evkl described?

Would it be ok if i can apply for Bulbagarden Forums Moderator? i can email or pm you why i would like to :3

Follow Argy's instructions for application as a BulbaNews staffer. Anyone can apply for any position at any time, to answer Princess Ketchum's question.

though it's true i just joined today, i do have moderating expiriance and i am fair, so theres no need to worry about me abusing the powers that come along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom