• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG063: Solrock and Hasubrero! Legend of the Forest!

Zak

STAR BRINGING PURPLE
Reaction score
We really need the Spoiler forum back =(

Anyways...

Yup, you probably guessed it.

Translated from the TVTOKYO blurb:

Lombre and Solrock! Legend of the Forest!

Ash and co are headed through the woods towards Petalburg City, ready to get to the next Gym. Eventually, they make a pit stop in a village in the woods. As they let out all their Pokemon in a nearby park, suddenly Brock's Lotad evolves into a Lombre! Just then, as soon as the villagers notice Lombre, they seem really happy, and start to beg. Ash and co later find out that this village has been really poor and dry lately, and really low on water. Therefore, all the villagers are praying for rain from Lombre. They haven't had a decent source of natural water in a while, and the village is in danger. Luckily, Lombre gives them a fair share of Rain, but for some reason it's not as successful as it's supposed to be. Then they ask one of the villagers for more information, and he tells them that they've had this drought problem ever since a Solrock appeared in the woods...

Yeah, I bet you can guess what this is about. Rain Dance VS Sunny Day. Heh, now the question is, what'll happen to Solrock? Will it make peace with the village? Will they defeat it and have someone capture it? :eek:

Time will tell.

Also, for some reason the clip isn't there YET. They're a bit laggy as they've been the past few weeks. I'm sure it'll be up in a few hours, but right now they have the one of last week.

~Zak

Oh boy. Lombre.

With the brou-ha-ha over Jynx, I can only *imagine* what they'll do with a MAIN CHARACTER having something like this.

Or as my friend Ket said:
"Now, it needs a car, so it can be Latino Heat"

Whee! Lombre's one of my favorites. Very very useful and cool-looking.

As for what they'll do . . . Lombre doesn't strike me as obviously Mexican as Ludicolo does. Heck, if NoA (in their infinite wisdom) hadn't decided to call it the "Hombre" Pokemon, I don't think anyone would notice. Really, he just looks like a regular Kappa to me - although a brightly colored one.

But due to their awful choice of names only making the situation worse - who knows? I hope that they don't change it so that every freakin' episode from here on out has Lombre cut out of it.

Or worse - they resplice the episodes so that it's alwways Brock's Mudkip. *shudders*

And this would be why they invented the SPOILER tag, Zak. :p It defeats the purpose of the spoiler forum.

OK for some reason I can't resist:

"What? BROCK's LOTAD is evolving!"
*insert evolution music here*
"Congratulations! BROCK's LOTAD evolved into LOMBRE!" :p

I hope Ash catches Solrock, it'd make a perfect #6 to his team.

NeoKuwa said:
Heck, if NoA (in their infinite wisdom) hadn't decided to call it the "Hombre" Pokemon, I don't think anyone would notice.

I believe NoA dubbed Lombre as the "Jolly" Pokemon. They dubbed Ludicolo as the "Carefree" Pokemon.

~Zak

[COLOR=9966FF]Yaaaay Lombre!

Just one question: exactly what it is about Lombre that people find offensive? I mean, what's the insult here? All Mexicans are water-dwelling duck-creatures with gorilla arms? I don't get it. o_o Oh well, it's not like the commotion over poor old Jynx made much sense, either....

And as for spoilers, why do we even need tags, let alone a forum? Are there actually people out there who try to avoid Pokemon spoilers?! The speculating is half the fun of this show...

Also, like I said before, I doubt Ash will catch Solrock, as it would be completely superfluous on his team. He has Torkoal for Fire attacks, and they don't like giving him access to easy-win Psychic attacks, so I doubt he'll get it. Especially since there's already an evolution in the episode.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
It's funny how nobody commented on the fact that this is the first time EVER that the first Pokemon from the main group to evolve did NOT belong to Ash. Strange, eh?

As for Solrock, they'd probably concentrate mostly on its Rock and Psychic attacks if he did get it, since those are its types.

Many people hate spoilers, CRJ, they like to learn what happens as they see it, rather than hear about it then wait for it for a few months then watch and already know what's going to happen. I personally abhor spoilers, but since I watch the eps as they come in Japan, don't really need to worry about being spoiled too much

I'd be curious to see the results of a poll on the subject...

Now all he needs is a Shard and then at the shard guy get a Water Stone....He needs Runpapa >>

Ok I want him to get Runpapa.....he still needs it though ^^;;

and as I said at serebii....it looks like the girl of the Day get Solrock to stay at the end *Shrug*

I believe NoA dubbed Lombre as the "Jolly" Pokemon. They dubbed Ludicolo as the "Carefree" Pokemon.

I was actually refering to the name origin. Not the species type. ;)

It's funny how nobody commented on the fact that this is the first time EVER that the first Pokemon from the main group to evolve did NOT belong to Ash. Strange, eh?

It's kind of interesting, I suppose. I wonder how Brock does it? His Zubat and Lotad evolved with almost zero battle experience.

I bet Brock's backpack is full of Rare Candy.

Also, like I said before, I doubt Ash will catch Solrock, as it would be completely superfluous on his team. He has Torkoal for Fire attacks, and they don't like giving him access to easy-win Psychic attacks, so I doubt he'll get it. Especially since there's already an evolution in the episode.

I doubt Ash will catch it either. I wouldn't be completely shocked if Brock caught it, though. It'd be nice for him to start raising a Rock-Type again.

and as I said at serebii....it looks like the girl of the Day get Solrock to stay at the end *Shrug*

Serebii's has been down the past 3 days for me.

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom