• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP33: Which Wurmple's Which? ・ EP34: A Hole Lotta Trouble

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
We get two new episodes today, back-to-back:

Japanese Episode 021: "Wurmple vs Wurmple! Which is Which?"
American Episode 021: "Which Wurmple's Which?"

0417.jpg

The Wurmples get switched. Hilarity ensues.

And then...

Japanese Episode 022: "Steven, Aron, and Aggron!"
American Episode 022: "A Hole Lotta Trouble"

0424.jpg

In the Houen remake of "Forest Grumps," Satoshi-tachi get separated and are forced to work with various members of the Rocket-Dan to get out of a huge cave. Daigo (Steven) also appears.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

It was Ash's fault why did he blast off TR when they had May's Wurmple stupid and why did Steven blast off TR after he saved he has no right to do that.Max annoyed me to no end on "A Hole Lotta Trouble" how dare he interupt Meowth's story about how he learned to talk stupid the rest was OK except Ash,Max,and Steven.

Last edited:
"Which Wurmple's Which?" - Maybe it's just because I'm not a Wurmple fan, but I found this episode to be terribly boring. But, I did love when Jessie and May were going back and forth, extolling the virtues of their Wurmple - "MY Wurmple is going to night school to get it's PhD!" XD;

But, maybe it was just anticipation for--

"A Hole Lotta Trouble" - Cute XD; I'd seen the original-language episode, but it was nice to actually understand what was going on 100%. As ever, the irony of the guys and the chicks running -back- into the hole was perfect. *snerk*

I liked Steven's voice :D I miss the cute little "kokoo- kokoo-" for Kokodora/Aron, but eh. XD; It sounded too mean and grumpy, but I guess it fits better~

The new narrator was surprising. w_o;; Hm.

I am in agreement with everyone about the new narrator. But I'm not sure if he'll stick around forever; at first, I thought he was just a temporary replacement because the original one might have been out sick (as Dogasu commented on the voices for the sixth eppie).

As cute as the Wurmple episode was, I liked the Granite Cave one better for some reason. Maybe it's because, unlike the freindship that Ash and the gang share, Team Rocket's friendship has a lot of flaws. They bitch and call each other names, but they always shape things up in the end. Not to mention that it was pretty funny when James was shouting and cracking out insults at Jessie and Meowth. XP

grounder said:
It was Ash's fault why did he blast off TR when they had May's Wurmple stupid
How was he supposed to have known that? May didn't recognize it for a minute or two after the event.

and why did Steven blast off TR after he saved he has no right to do that.
As he put it the Pokemon in Granite Cave had dwelt there peacefully for generations and he became very angry over Team Rocket's hole-digging disturbing them so much. As such he felt the right to punish them for their crimes against the Aron. Also, Team Rocket wouldn't have left peacefully.

Max annoyed me to no end on "A Hole Lotta Trouble" how dare he interupt Meowth's story about how he learned to talk stupid
He didn't interrupt it, he just kept climbing. Kids have short attention spans but I doubt he stopped listening. Meowth was just upset over not getting a captive audience to sit still while he told his life story. Max wanted to keep moving to find his loved ones, little kids get scared when they get lost. The scene was more for hilarity than anything else though.

Both episodes weren't particularly climatic in my opinion. Nothing too exciting, although I wish Max listened to the Meowth story a bit longer. :D

"Which Wurmple's Which?" - I thought this episode was pretty good. And I loved the part at the beginning when they were all fishing! That was cool! And it was funny when May caught that Octillery and it went on Max's head like that. LOL. Oh, and it was really cool when Ash got a Corphish on his line! I wanted him to catch it right then and there. But, oh well, guess they just wanted to show us Corphish. Anyway, I loved it when May and Jessie first started arguing about their Wurmples. That was so funny! Oh, and it was really funny when (I think) Jessie said, "My Wurmple's going to night school to get a P.H.D.". LOL! And, let's see, I don't really have much more to see about this episode other than it was just really funny. Overall, it was a good episode.

Rating: 8 out of 10

"A Hole Lotta Trouble" - This was a great episode! I really loved this one! First of all, I didn't know at first if it would be like the "Forest Grumps" episode or not, but when I saw them all split up like that again I knew it was gonna be a really good episode. And it was! And I loved how Ash ended up with James and Brock, May ended up with Jessie, and Max ended up with Meowth and Pikachu. That was so funny! I mean, basically this whole episode (or maybe I should put hole episode, lol) was funny from beginning to end. And what made it even better was that Meowth got to tell his story of how he learned to talk again! I loved that! And it was funny how Max said to him "You're not a person, you're a Pokemon, and your story's too long". LOL. Oh, and I loved how they met up with Steven. That was cool! And also, it was really funny how everyone else just kept falling down that one hole over and over! LMAO. And it was funny how the Aron were chasing them all the way, too. Oh, and near the end, I liked how Steven could control the wild Aron like that. That was cool! And it was funny when Team Rocket ran into each other's arms and started crying! I mean, after they all individually insulted each other and all that, it was great to see that they made up. And finally, I wish Steven hadn't left the island so soon, cause I really wanted to see him and Ash battle. That would've been perfect training for Ash! Oh well, I'm interested to see how he's gonna train though. Overall, this was one of my favorite episodes, and it was so hilarious! ^_^

Rating: 10 out of 10

Last edited:
Your review makes me want to see "A Hole Lotta Trouble" really really badly, Lisa! ^_^

Cracked out Boss fantasy? And no one told me. See, these are the things I want to know in advance!

Now I'm sorry, but if the Boss woke up and the first thing he saw was a Wurmple, he'd probably think either "How the hell did you get past the guards?" or "Wow, what did I *drink* last night?"

To say nothing of him clearly having a staff to do things like mending for him. Although it's nice to see he knows *how*--or at least Meowth suspects he would.

I also noticed that Meowth assumed that, because Steven was the son of the Devon prez, that he was next in line. I presume that comes from Meowth's own experience with someone who inherited their position.

Stone is evidently the family name. Why didn't they say that in the Devon episode? (gets idea for parody band--Steven and the Family Stone)

Steven is a bit of a hypocrite. He blasts the crap out of TR for digging a hole and 'disturbing the cave', which, yes, they'd done, but...the resulting Hyper Beam from his Aggron leaves a *gaping hole* in the side of the cave. I'd wager that a hole in the *ground* is a lot less disturbing to the environs in there than would be a huge hole in the *wall*, letting in light and all that.

And in the Wurmple ep, I really hated the implication that Jesse wasn't as good a trainer as May. I mean really, Jesse has spent more *time* with her Wurmple. *SHE* should have been the one to recognize that it wasn't hers.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Now I'm sorry, but if the Boss woke up and the first thing he saw was a Wurmple, he'd probably think (...) "Wow, what did I *drink* last night?"

O_O;

Originally posted by wayc
Your review makes me want to see "A Hole Lotta Trouble" really really badly, Lisa! ^_^

Thanks wayc! :-D

And you know what, if you missed that episode, you might be able to catch it on Friday because that's when they usually reair the new ones.

Can't type as long of reviews today...

Which Wurmple's Which? - I liked the ending part, the scenery was really pretty. Good, Haruka, now just train Torchic! Kinda funny how all their argument points were lies...heh. The whole fishing rod thing didn't make much sense...I get it, but not like...yeah.
Rating: 7/10

A Hole Lotta Trouble - Pun-ishment. *growls* I so didn't like the Aron. They were took doglike and not cute like in the game. Their eyes were a sickly colour, not like the rich blue that I nicknamed my Aron for. That kinda turned me off. However, I love slip-up episodes, and this was a classic. Although I think it would've been a lot more funny with May and Jamemes together. After WWW? I think there was enough May/Jessie. I was actually looking forward to hearing Meowth's story, and seeing Mauzi (sp) was nice. I liked when Steven jump over the gap...Toguro brothers...heheh. (*ahem* never mind...) Though there's not much more to say, I really liked this episode!
Rating: 10/10

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Steven is a bit of a hypocrite. He blasts the crap out of TR for digging a hole and 'disturbing the cave', which, yes, they'd done, but...the resulting Hyper Beam from his Aggron leaves a *gaping hole* in the side of the cave. I'd wager that a hole in the *ground* is a lot less disturbing to the environs in there than would be a huge hole in the *wall*, letting in light and all that.

You're right people like that make me sick he can't do that
and look at him blasting a hole in the wall and what's wrong
with digging holes that's what TR does best he doesn't even
know who they are and he blasts them off he's way to hyper
the hypocrite. :conangry:

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom