• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP46: Having a Wailord of a Time

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
Why was a thread started for the previous episode and not this one, when they both aired on the same day? And why has Dogasu dropped off the face of the planet? He used to always do these.

Anyway, post your thoughts about this episode here.

Well, Dogasu obviously won't be watching the AMERICAN airings of the show, owing to the fact that he's over the pacific in Japan right now...

Well, anyway, for those of you who haven't already read it, here's my review.

*posts review from the "Now That's Flower Power" thread*

I really loved this episode! It was so good!! And it was really funny too! ^_^ Anyway, I had a lot of favorite parts in this one! And one of my favorite parts was in the beginning, when Ash mentioned how Pikachu wasn't really obedient with him right from the start. That was cool! And I also liked the part after Nurse Joy went to go help May with the Wailord, and Brock followed her saying something silly. Ash's line there was so funny, "Good greif....hope I'm never like that". LOL. Another part that I liked was when that Torchic beat all of those Pokemon when it was trying to get outside, including 3 of Ash's Pokemon! And I couldn't believe it was so strong, considering the fact that it was supposed to be a starter Pokemon. Anyway, I also liked the part after it evolved, and both Ash and Max yelled. That was so funny! And I really liked the part when the new trainer, Stephanie, came and couldn't decide which Pokemon to pick and Ash tried to persuade her not to get Torchic! And I loved all those good things Ash said about Mudkip and Treecko, and it was funny when he was saying all those bad things about Torchic! And I really loved it when he said that it smells like something you left in the fridge too long! That was so funny! LOL. ^_^ And I also liked the parts when Max was trying to stall May. That was funny too! And then, when May went in there and yelled at Ash, asking what was going on, Ash's face was so funny! And then Combusken came out, and everyone was like "Huh? Combusken?". LOL. And I loved how Ash and Max apologized to them. That was so sweet! And it was funny how they explained to them what had happened! And it was also funny when they noticed Wailord, which was being carried by Team Rocket, of course. Oh yeah, and I loved the part when Ash was going to attack them with Pikachu, but Combusken decided to use its Flamethrower (I think that's what it was). That was cool! Oh, and when it looked like Team Rocket was blasting off, and then they came back, that was so funny! LOL. And it was really cool when Ash finally blasted them off with Pikachu's Thunderbolt! Oh, and when Stephanie said that she wanted to be a great trainer like Ash, the expression on Ash's face was really funny! LOL. And also, the part at the end, when Stephanie chose Mudkip, made that Treecko so sad. And I felt so sorry for it, cause it had tears in its eyes! But, then, I was really glad that Stephanie's father wanted Treecko! That was so cool! And yay, both Mudkip and Treecko got a trainer! And then, I felt sorry for Combusken too. But, I was glad that Nurse Joy wanted to keep it there, so it could be a bodyguard. That was cool! Oh, and I loved the part at the very end, when Max was talking about his first Pokemon! That was cool too! And, overall, this was a really good episode! ^_^

Rating: 10 out of 10

My god. I was on the phone with computer tech support when I was watching the part there JJ&M are talking about bringing Wailord to the Boss, and I had to clap my hand over my mouth. *SO* many obscene references, so many dirty jokes, so many things along those lines.

Bah, but being on the phone is also what made me miss a little bit. When it came back from the last commercial break, I turned around just in time to see the Treeko get tears in its eyes and the old guy choose it and decide to become a trainer. Can someone tell me what happened from the resumation up to that point?

On that note, though, it was great to see an older trainer get started. Most of the older trainers we see have been doing it their entire lives.

The "old guy" was the girl's (Stephanie's) father BTW. :p

BG, you didn't really miss that much.

I mean, first Brock said something like, "Great Job, Ash" and Ash said "Thanks". Then, Stephanie and her father applauded Ash (for blasting off Team Rocket), then Sephanie said along the lines of, "I wanna be a great trainer like you, Ash". And Ash said, "Oh, heh heh, thank you". Then, Nurse Joy asked Stephanie which Pokemon she was going to choose, and she said Mudkip. And that's why the Treecko got so sad. And that part made me sad too! :-(

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom