• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP32: The Bicker the Better

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 72: "A Tag Battle! Ash vs. May!?"
American Episode 344: "The Bicker the Better"

0415.jpg

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
Encore airing on Kids' WB! Friday at 4:00pm ET

Ash and May fight. Jessie and James fight. Ash and James and May and Jessie fight. Hilarity ensues.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

Last edited:
It was a good ep. However, I really don't see how this proves anything to do with AdvanceShipping, especially since Ash and May's actions towards each other in this ep aren't very consistent with their actions in other eps.

I really really liked this episode. I don't see how people can bash Advanced Generation as being inferior to the Kanto episodes with episodes like this.

I loved the big attack scene, particularly because of how useless Habunake was. Since it doesn't have any projectile attacks, all it could do is just sit there and scream.

ep072_attacks.jpg

And this one is just begging to be avatar'd:

ep072_referee.jpg

I think the only phrase to describe this episode would be "battle of the sexes". While Andy and Oscar annoyed me very much, the resulting fight between Ash, May, Jessie and James was amusing. Brock's conversation about girls with Max was funny as well. I liked this episode very much and plan to catch the rerun next Friday.

Roxy's Rating: 10/10

~Roxy~

This episode was simply hilarious. I loved the little bubbles with the heads on them, and them attacking each other even though they're supposedly a few meters apart. Every Pokemon attacking one another was also plain hilarious. I hope there're more episodes like this in the future, heh.

I called the one attack Nidoking and Nidoqueen used "The 6-9 Rollout" for obvious reasons.

I loved the big attack scene, particularly because of how useless Habunake was. Since it doesn't have any projectile attacks, all it could do is just sit there and scream.

I actually didn't like the art for that scene. It looked really shoddy, like every Pokemon was almost using the exact same attack.

And Jessie should teach her Seviper Sludge Bomb :p

I loved this episode, plain and simple. Any episode that focuses on the main characters instead of on characters/Pokemon-of-the-day is good in my book, anyway.

Say, does anyone happen to have (or could make) a clip of the "Jessie is ugly" song in Japanese? Pretty please? Even a .wav or MP3 will suffice...

By the way, Dogasu--having not seen the way it plays out in Japanese and just going by the pictures on your site, the reason for the Bee-da being cut may have been because it starts off with a shot straight up Jesse's boobs.

That's very possible. But I also remember that they cut out a bii-da scene from "A Ruin with a View," which is why I said that I thought 4Kids has a problem with this very Japanese gesture.

Dogasu said:
I really really liked this episode. I don't see how people can bash Advanced Generation as being inferior to the Kanto episodes with episodes like this.
Simple, Kanto is just pure awesomeness. :p Yeah, AG has great eps, but it lacks the classics that Kanto churned out on a regular basis.

CRAP I MISSED IT! I had a track meet... I did good too. ^^

I read some other reviews, and everyone seems to hate this episode. Everyone thought all the characters were OOC.

And I got PUMMELED with "ASH AND MISTY USED TO FIGHT JUST LIKE THEM! ASH HAS FORGOTTEN MISTY!!! *sobs*.

... Anyway. Yeah, I'll have to catch a rerun obviously. It sounds pretty good though.

Pure frickin brilliance. Lovely.
Really, this was truly great. Especially the Brock/Wobba part.
Truly classic.
(Does the trio know the Boss already has a Nidoking?)

I'm also amused by Oscar and Andrew (I don't know why they decided to give her a man's name) simply because of how over-the-top they are.

You've never heard of Rose of Versailles?

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
I think they know. Remember Battle for the Badge?

Of course, the question remains if *they* remember it.
From what I recall Giovanni had a Rhydon. Gary was the one who used a Nidoking.

cold_katanagirl said:
I read some other reviews, and everyone seems to hate this episode. Everyone thought all the characters were OOC.
Odd, it was a great zany episode. Who cares if Ash and May haven't faught much before, it's normal for friends to occasionally have a big argument.

And I got PUMMELED with "ASH AND MISTY USED TO FIGHT JUST LIKE THEM! ASH HAS FORGOTTEN MISTY!!! *sobs*.
Hardly, to me their argument couldn't have been more different. Among other things, Misty tended to always have an edge in their arguments, and sometimes escalated it into a physical fight.

Ash and May's reactions to being told they were in love was quite different too. They calmly denied it, without even the slightest blush, while Ash and Misty tended to blow up at whoever even suggested it and/or blush. As you can see I am not the least bit biased here. *wink*

Really, this episode is great evidence for those who believe James and Ash have no romantic feelings for their current female companions. :)

What a wonderfully fun episode! :)

Giovanni had Golem, Kingler, Rhydon, Machamp, and something I forget offhand. It was J&J's last Pokemon.

Anyway, yeah, the effects on this ep for Rocketshipping are kind of interesting. This is the first time Rocketshipping has actually been mentioned in an ep - and it seemed to basically be shrugged off.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom