• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lockdown for B&W?

Lock down the wikis for BW?

• YES!

Votes: 83 64.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 46 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TTEchidna

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Okay, I'm gonna throw this over here just to get some opinions.

As you guys know, we put the wikis on lockdown around the release of HGSS in English. And the site was crashing like crazy. So this had the advantage of protecting us from stupid edits as well as protecting us from increased server load.

Now, BW... not a lot of people will get it who use BP. But a lot of people will want to know stuff. I'm iffy on the idea of locking down the wiki this time. I see the advantages and somewhat want to, to prevent dumb edits to make Pokémon pages with "manbow is evo of lovedisk lol"... basically as a wiki-wide protection to prevent people from making crappy pages before they're ready to be made.

I'm iffy on locking down BP for BW. I know that the administration wouldn't care either way, since everyone JA and up can edit even when on lockdown. But I wanna know what you guys think. All of you. It is important that you both vote in the poll and say something here. Staff, do not vote in this.

Re: LOCKDOWN

I think that it should be locked down. Needless edits will only add stress to the server, causing a possible crash, which would be an awful thing on the release.

To prevent a crash, I say to lock it up until the games are out.

For the record, please do not consider server issues in this poll. Server issues, unlike with the HGSS release, are not a concern this time. We're more than prepared for this one in that respect.

Hm. If that's the case, then I think that the server should remain open.

it wont be protected until the game comes out, it would be protected until 'when' the games come out.

I think you stuck an extra "until" there.

For that matter, I'd say lock down all the "important" pages - say, all the mainspace pages. And make it so that only already autoconfirmed users (or users with a certain number of mainspace edits) can edit the rest of those.

Lockdown means everything is locked. Specific pages is protecting them. I don't think there is a way to mass protect articles.

For the record, please do not consider server issues in this poll. Server issues, unlike with the HGSS release, are not a concern this time. We're more than prepared for this one in that respect.

Someone sounds confident.:lol:

hmmmmm. So lock down means we can see, but not edit all pages....
Then I still think it should be locked down...

Is it possible to lock down a whole namespace, and not the database, without having to mass-protect articles?

If so, I'd say the mainspace and perhaps the talk space should be locked. There are people who can still work on articles.

Last edited:
Would Bulbapedia still be able to be viewed in the event of a lockdown?

I reluctantly agree considering what happened with HG/SS's release and the previous B/W problems. Fortunately it won't be a total loss for me since there are other things I can do in the meantime until the lockdown is over.

I support a lockdown, there is a possibility for the noobs out there to flood th wiki with their own speculation or rumours. I'd trust the staff much more to properly screen all the info and make sure only confirmed stuff can make it onto the mainspace.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom