• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Link disconnected: New website closes for maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Global Link disconnected: New website closes for maintenance

The recently opened "Pokémon Global Link" website for Pokémon Black and White has had to close for a period of ten days due to problems with traffic on the website, only a day after opening.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it can happen again when the games are released in other countries, seeing as how it was closed down after only one day.

Sucks!

I was on it the other day (don't have the game), and noticed how slow it was. Like, the Dream World took forever to get through.

But at least they're fixing it...it seems. :0

I'm a little hazy on what the Dream World is. Is it the full game, playable on the computer without a DS? Or something else?

whoa this could be bad when the us get b/w i hope they fix it good

I imagine by the time it goes in all the other languages they will have these issues fixed, the only thing I wonder about the Dream World, though, is if it differs from the Daisuki Club flash games. (And if so how much... I guess I realize it has main game stuff, only what I'm saying is the Daisuki club games felt distinctly for little children)

Nintendo of America, and all other countries, and TCPi, take note that you should have more server space when this launches in your respective region. Well, I at least hope that NoA learned before that, especially considering how slow Club Nintendo was when it first opened.

...whatever. It should be expected. C'mon, it only a couple days after its release. nothing to worry about.

The awesomeness was probably too much for their servers to handle.
I hope it doesn't go down again when it releases in the US though.

It now futher extends the re-open day to 4th of October........

Considering how popular Pokemon still is in Japan, they should've known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom