• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP43: Unfair Weather Friends

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 83: "The Weather Research Center's Powarun!"
American Episode 355: "Unfair Weather Friends"

0701.jpg

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
No known encore airing this week

Ash and the gang have almost arrived at Fortree City! When the weather starts to change drastically, Ash and the gang find out that it's the work of a weather controlling machine located at the nearby Weather Research Center! As Ash and his friends are shown around, Team Aqua appears, wanting information on the legendary pokemon, Kyogre and Groudon! Can our heroes stop the evil organization from succeeding in their plans?

I hope to God 4Kids doesn't pull a Bashou with Ban'nai.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

It sounded like Brawly's with not as much accent. I didn't think it was bad though.

Millie and Bart? had pretty good voices. Castform's was okay.

They prounounced Groudon as growl-don and Kyogre as Kai-Orge.

Aah, I thought for a minute they'd given him the Butch voice or something.

Growl with the L in it? Because without the L, that's how it's supposed to be pronounced (ground being the source word)

He sounded like Brawly if he was given one of those stereotypical gay accents. Because, you know, crossdressing = gay in 4Kids' eyes.

Another interesting note: they actually said Dextette's name in the script this time.

And Shelly kept her name from "Fight for the Meteorite."

I was wondering what the deal was with Brody's voice. It sounded...strange. Oh, and Millie/Bart is WeatherShipping (unless somebody's name this already).

Unfortunately for Brody, Brock is heterosexual.

Well I guess his voice would explain his belly button shirt he wears when he shows up again.

So it's OK for 4Kids to cast a character based solely on his looks?

If I recall correctly, that's exactly what happened to Hun last month...

Last edited:
And SOMEONE I know is STILL making a big fuss over how the whole things should be redubbed...

Damn. XD Now I wanna see it. Cause gay Brawly voice.

*didn't get to see it*

It would at least make my week less crappy. :D

What I'm saying is that it's hardly 4Kids' deal. Those are definite vibes. Bashou may look like a woman but he doesn't act like one (even the most hardened female agents are distinctly female)

I actually got to see this one in English thanks to pocketmonsters.net. Hooray! *starry eyed* Now, if only I had figured it out before everyone else downloaded A Shroomish Skirmish...

I love that Brock's female detector is still working fine. Although I don't think it's worked versus a crossdressing Ash yet, has it?

I don't really see what you guys are talking about with the "stereotypical gay" voice. He didn't sound stereotypicially gay at all to me, even after I went back to listen after you pointed it out. In fact, I thought his voice quite suiting, especially if you think about how an imitation of the Japanese voice would probably turn out.

Not to mention it's really not the same as the incident with "Hun", is it? You can debate a mental thing, like character's sexual preference. You can't debate a physical thing, like the fact that "Hun" doesn't have boobs.

Here's my review of this episode:

This was a really good episode! And the beginning of it was really funny, cause the weather kept changing like that. LOL. XD Anyway, I thought it was cool how it was Castform changing the weather. And I think one of my favorite parts in this episode was when Ash was gonna go get Castform, but he lost his balance somehow, and fell. I thought that was kinda funny! XD And I really liked the part when Ash thought there were two Castform, but one was really Millie's Ditto, and I loved that line he said about seeing double. That was funny! XD Anyway, it was cool to see Team Aqua again. But, when I saw them, I was expecting to see Team Magma as well. And I never would've thought that Millie was a member of Team Magma. That was interesting! Although, after Brody revealed himself to everyone, and he got away with that jet pack, I felt sorry for Bart. But, I was really happy for him when the real Millie showed up. And overall, I really liked this episode, and I thought it was very cool, and exciting.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Last edited:
I don't remember Millie!Brody hitting on Brock....

And he didn't sound stereotypically gay to me, either. I liked his voice, that was ok. However, his accent.... I normally like different accents, but there was something about his I really didn't like.

It was nice. I didn't expect Millie to be Brody (and Brock's female radar thing is always fun), Castform was cute, and there was a bunch of suspense. The weather jokes were a tad annoying, and I'm wondering just how in the world that weather machine changed the weather (Murgatroyd probably has a point with Raymond's Second Law), but it was still cool. 8.6/10.

Sad to say, I only saw the last 10 or so minutes of the episode, but it's apparently enough. *cries* But I missed the beginning.

4Kids is really digging deep into the barrel of names-not-used if Brody's the best they came up with. In spite of his voice though, he doesn't have GAY stamped on his forehead. Or sound like Brawly with a nasally gut-punch voice. His VA did play Johnson in the YGO Noah arc (oh god, awful pun) with the /same, exact pitch'n'tone/, and even though I found the voice itself bad, I think I can live with it on Brody. Just a little.

Now, even I knew Bannai debuted in this episode, and like all other 'I knew this months ago' spoilers, it still surprised the heck out of me Millie turned out to be him. *dork*

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom