• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

Official Nintendo Magazine UK has revealed even more names for various fifth generation Pokémon including Onondo, Mebukijika and Haderia.

Read more on Bulbanews

Why don't you guys just publish the entire list and confirm it as real?

Because "They might be nicknames"? Or they might C&D letters (which no other site that has published them has got)? Or "They're could a typo?" Yeah, Emolga wasn't a typo.

I dunno *shrugs* but the list is obviously legitimate.

:argue::banghead:ROUND!?! SERIOUSLY!?! At least Canon had something to do with music (even the battle animation depicts musical notes), but Round? No, just no... Everything else I don't mind.

^^ It's official name wasn't Canon, it was Sing-A-Round
Even if there's a Typo, its problematic for them to correct it in every page that links to the articles, even passing mentions have to be corrected, it takes hard work people, they're right in doing this

Okay, most of the names I'm okay with, but a few of them could have left the older names. The Pokemon's names I'm not arguing with, but certain moves could've been left alone.

Boiling Water --> Scald: I see the connection, but Boiling Water was easy to understand and very straight-forward.
Retaliation --> Retaliate: What was the purpose of that??? It's the same word, only shortened. Was that all for space issues?
Canon --> Round: This one threw me for a loop. I know the actual name is Sing-a-Round, but I can't quite see the connection. As least Canon sounded cool.

The rest I won't argue about, although Yamask makes me chuckle and think of Yami (both the card and character).

Oh, and please stop complaining about the leaked names being proven as true. We don't know for certain that they are true, and its tedious (and risky) to totally confirm them, so give the mods a break and allow them to do their job. Let's not forget the Bianca as Champion scenario, were most of us (myself very much included) jumped the gun on that one, only to be proven as false. So, please, take it easy.

Oh, and please stop complaining about the leaked names being proven as true. We don't know for certain that they are true, and its tedious (and risky) to totally confirm them, so give the mods a break and allow them to do their job. Let's not forget the Bianca as Champion scenario, were most of us (myself very much included) jumped the gun on that one, only to be proven as false. So, please, take it easy.

THIS
Give Them A Break
Even If It Has A Typo, Or A Wrong Name, They'll Have To Go Through a Tedious and Stressing Process Of Changing It Again. It Takes Hard Work.

Remembering the Bel champion thing takes me back. But yeah, we all /know/ the names are real, and for Arceus' sake, the game comes out in a month. By then there'll be no way to disprove the names since we'll all have the games in hand. The 'pedia is just playing it safe for now. Too safe sometimes...(Remember the preview box? Yeah, that's a little too safe) But better safe then sorry, right?

Scald. Huh, I kinda like that. Dunno why... Round is kinda 'meh' but I guess it'll grow on me.

...now if only we could get confirmation that Golett and Golurk are the English names of Gobitto and Goruugu I'd be really happy...
(Yeah, I'm all but sure those are the actual names, but I don't want to jump the gun here and I can't blame anyone for feeling the same way.)

++++

Hey, Pokebeach.com has all the list of the 5th Gen. Pokemon..The confirmed and soon to be confirmed names are enlisted in the for your reference..

++++

++++

Hey, Pokebeach.com has all the list of the 5th Gen. Pokemon..The confirmed and soon to be confirmed names are enlisted in the for your reference..

++++

Thank you Captain Obvious for your contribution.

Guys, the staff of the wiki has made it clear that, while yes it's probably pretty likely that the list is real, they are waiting for OFFICIAL confirmation so the wiki is as accurate and legal as possible. One error could cause thousands across the board.

So just give them a break guys. The names will all be up in 29 days anyways.

So, let's see...

Scald, I like it.

Retaliate, I like it.

Round... now that took me a bit to figure out, but I got it. It's not like the shape, but like the thing. Like when you tell a bartender for another round, or you tell the choir to sing another round. So yeah, it's not bad. A bit awkward, but acceptable.

Why don't you guys just publish the entire list and confirm it as real?
It's almost 100% real. Nintendo is cracking down on the list; only reason PokeBeach kept it up was because he could care less about the law, and Serebii because his "secret source" said he could.

Anyways, some of these names are just strange. Though I wish they used the real name instead of Round, but hey.

Then I apologize for my previous rant due to my misunderstanding.

Thanks~! Coincidentally, that's where I looked for the definition for Canon the first time.
It doesn't quite seem to fit though. " Gyrados, use Round!" :-/

The wikipedia page for Canon actually mentions that a specific type of canon is called a "round". So in a way it's the same thing. In a way.

And yeah, I do agree it sounds a tad off-putting when you have a Gyarados use it. Still, not as disappointing as other changes. Like Haxorus. Maybe it's because the name Ononokus reminded me of Onox, General of Darkness from TLoZ: OoS. And to me, "Fraxure" looks like a use of Xtremely Kool Letterz. I'm still gonna end up using one.

And I'm gonna call it Onox. I wanna play that game again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom