• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten minutes

On February 5, the thirteenth Pokémon movie aired on Cartoon Network. Ten minutes of Zoroark: Master of Illusions was cut from the beginning of the movie, causing two plot holes. TPCi was not aware of the cut prior to airing, and has since contacted Cartoon Network. All future airings of the movie will have the missing intro.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

Another reason why I hate CN.

Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

I knew it was Cartoon Network's fault and not TPCi >___<

im not surprised they arent happy, why did Cartoon Network do that

To cut room for Adventure time.

Seriously, why couldn't they have just cut down the Giratina movie or something? Or...not show it at all >__<"

HAHA!!! Take that Cartoon Network. How dare they cut the Zoroark movie?!?

HAHA!!! Take that Cartoon Network. How dare they cut the Zoroark movie?!?

It's one thing to cut a few minutes off a movie to save space...it's a whole other thing to cut the whole FIRST TEN MINUTES of a movie out.

So, THAT'S why I was like "How the hell did half of this come about and why doesn't it match the Bulbapedia page!?!"

It's one thing to cut a few minutes off a movie to save space...it's a whole other thing to cut the whole FIRST TEN MINUTES of a movie out.

Tell me about it man. I was so mad when I saw they had cut it. My most favorite Pokemon movie of all time, ruined. ;_;

I figured something like this was up.

Might have to rent the DVD or wait until it airs in Canada before I get to see the parts I missed... Which given it's current shedcule, might air sometime in June. :\

I was hoping to hear the extended Sinnoh League Victors theme as well. What where the two plotholes (barely) mentioned in the news article?

I was hoping to hear the extended Sinnoh League Victors theme as well. What where the two plotholes (barely) mentioned in the news article?

What Pokemon Baccer is, and how the hell Zorua escaped Kodai and how the whole separation occurs...without seeing it it's just like Zorua's there, and you don't know why.

it messes it up a lot.

How Zorua escaped the airplane and probably how Zoroark is able to transform into the 3 legendary beasts.

EDIT: I'll be honest, I still don't know what the hell Pokémon Baccer is supposed to be... Is it like soccer? Who the hell knows!

Meh. Cartoon Network probably won't be airing this film again for another eight or nine months (Thanksgiving weekend at the earliest?).

By that time, the film will be released on DVD/Blu-ray and nobody will care about this issue any more...

They weren't so much plotholes as plot inconveniences.

The first ten minutes of the Zoroark film explains the rest of the movie's plot. Everything from Ash and co. learning about the Pokemon Baccer Tournament in Crown City; Kodai participating in the tournament with "Raikou/Entei/Suicune"; Kodai capturing Zoroark and forcing her to transform into the Legendary Beasts; and Zorua escaping Kodai's airship.

They also cut out the "World of Pokemon" intro with Ash VS Kenta/Jimmy.

It's great to know TPCI wasn't the reason behind the cut. I'm glad they've contacted CN about the issue; it feels good knowing they care.

I don't find it at all surprising CN did this, though. The large amount of commercial breaks during the airing couldn't have been more evident; cutting the first ten minutes allowed for even more advertisements.

It's great to know TPCI wasn't the reason behind the cut. I'm glad they've contacted CN about the issue; it feels good knowing they care.

I don't find it at all surprising CN did this, though. The large amount of commercial breaks during the airing couldn't have been more evident; cutting the first ten minutes allowed for even more advertisements.
They did put in that 15 minute show at the end, they could have fit way more ads if they didn't show that.

"TCPI not happy?"

Based on *what*? Nothing about the e-mail quoted in the story makes them sound pissed off at all.

Meh. Cartoon Network probably won't be airing this film again for another eight or nine months (Thanksgiving weekend at the earliest?).

By that time, the film will be released on DVD/Blu-ray and nobody will care about this issue any more...

They weren't so much plotholes as plot inconveniences.

The first ten minutes of the Zoroark film explains the rest of the movie's plot. Everything from Ash and co. learning about the Pokemon Baccer Tournament in Crown City; Kodai participating in the tournament with "Raikou/Entei/Suicune"; Kodai capturing Zoroark and forcing her to transform into the Legendary Beasts; and Zorua escaping Kodai's airship.

They also cut out the "World of Pokemon" intro with Ash VS Kenta/Jimmy.

I thought I had missed that part. I remember seeing Zorua escaping in the japanese preview, but I didn't see it in the movie. Explains alot.

That's a relief. It probably won't be until we see the DVD that the opening is revealed, though.

Was there an extended version of the Sinnoh League Victors song in the beginning? I was surprised that I didn't see one, and am wondering if this is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom