• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse than that, he's a colorless spiteful coward without any of Trump's schoolyard bully flamboyance that the MAGA chuds love so much, and doesn't have the utter lack of self-aware thuggery that let Trump browbeat every other Republican into submission back in 2016.
Oh, I know. When I lived in Alabama, I was right by the Florida panhandle, so I've gotten plenty of exposure to DeSantis. Believe me, he's a media creation, and Trump will obliterate him without much trouble.

Here's something that'll blow your mind: Michael Flynn is still a registered Democrat.

I hate how they try to use "We the People" for their minority positions. "We the People" rejected election denialists, even where they should have won because they were Republicans running in a midterm election where Republicans were favored because of them being opposite the president.

To put this in context, James Carville once described Pennsylvania as "Pittsburgh on one end, Philadelphia on the other, and Alabama in between."

You're wrong. It's a 44/42 split with independents

Yes that is called the margin of error.
Worse than that, he's a colorless spiteful coward without any of Trump's schoolyard bully flamboyance that the MAGA chuds love so much, and doesn't have the utter lack of self-aware thuggery that let Trump browbeat every other Republican into submission back in 2016.

Yet he just was reelected to a second term by a wide margin. I do wonder what that makes his opponents if they lost so poorly to a "colorless spiteful coward" who lacks "bully flamboyance".

Yes that is called the margin of error.
The margin of error goes both ways, you know? Yet, you changed the numbers only one way.
Yet he just was reelected to a second term by a wide margin. I do wonder what that makes his opponents if they lost so poorly to a "colorless spiteful coward" who lacks "bully flamboyance".
Once again you're intentionally misreading my posts. Even a sack of potatoes could dispatch the absurdly weak Florida Democrats. But now, his next opponent is Trump himself, and he's gonna demolish Ron DeSanctimonious the same way he demolished another Florida Governor, Low Energy Jeb.
"What Trump lacks in legal and political expertise, however, he compensates in charisma, something DeSantis sorely lacks. The Florida governor has gained nationwide Republican support by what he does, not by who he is. DeSantis is a rather uninspiring speaker who neither draws large crowds nor captivates smaller ones.

Moreover, DeSantis lacks that unique quality of Trump, authenticity, something the former president identified in bestowing the new moniker “Ron DeSanctimonious”.

While DeSantis’s star might be rising, the Republican party remains at the mercy of Trump. The former president unleashed a revolution within the Republican party that has opened the door to people like DeSantis. Now the Florida governor and his supporters have less than two years to figure out how to continue that revolution without its original leader."

The margin of error goes both ways, you know? Yet, you changed the numbers only one way.

It does yet when a poll is so close within the MOE, it is generally seen as tied.

Once again you're intentionally misreading my posts. Even a sack of potatoes could dispatch the absurdly weak Florida Democrats. But now, his next opponent is Trump himself, and he's gonna demolish Ron DeSanctimonious the same way he demolished another Florida Governor, Low Energy Jeb.

We shall see, we do not even know if either is running yet, not who else is running, the Republicans have a fairly deep bench for the next two Presidential contests so I doubt it will only be DeSantis and Trump, if that in 2024.

It does yet when a poll is so close within the MOE, it is generally seen as tied.
Generally by who? You? C'mon, man... Just use the actual numbers. Playing math games with poll numbers is precisely why the GOP was caught flat-footed when it came to the midterms.
the Republicans have a fairly deep bench for the next two Presidential contests so I doubt it will only be DeSantis and Trump, if that in 2024.
Sorry, but the MAGA chuds and Qanon nutjobs that make up the majority of the modern GOP have spoken, and they want TRUMP!!!

Generally by who? You? C'mon, man... Just use the actual numbers. Playing math games with poll numbers is precisely why the GOP was caught flat-footed when it came to the midterms.

I am using the actual numbers, and as I said the MOE puts it as a statistical tie, which is what anyone else following politics will tell you.

Sorry, but the MAGA chuds and Qanon nutjobs that make up the majority of the modern GOP have spoken, and they want TRUMP!!!

Oh?

Oh man, the DeSanctimonious Vs Trump monkey knife fight is going to be a lot of fun, especially because it guarantees a whole bunch of mudslinging and infighting in the MAGA base. The best thing about the Florida Man 1 and Florida Man 2 fight is that instead of basic attack ads, it'll be "lmao, look at this illegal thing he got away with, and this one, and this one, and we have proof."

No one is enjoying the public fight between former President Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis more than President Biden, who if he chooses to run for another term may be battling one of the two Republicans.

Biden, showing some confidence after a better-than-expected midterm performance by Democrats in the House and Senate, has gleefully dubbed one “the former defeated President” and the other “Donald Trump incarnate.”

“It will be fun watching them take on each other,” Biden said Wednesday at a news conference following Tuesday’s elections.

Last edited:
Oh man, the DeSanctimonious Vs Trump monkey knife fight is going to be a lot of fun, especially because it guarantees a whole bunch of mudslinging and infighting in the MAGA base. The best thing about the Florida Man 1 and Florida Man 2 fight is that instead of basic attack ads, it'll be "lmao, look at this illegal thing he got away with, and this one, and this one, and we have proof."
When I was on a paddleboarding trip last year, I saw a family hoisting a "Trump/DeSantis 2024" flag on their boat. I don't think they'll be flying it anymore.

The actual numbers are 44/42.

Yes with a margin of error of 2.9 percent.

I see the NY Post is already desperate to stop Trump, lmao.

I thought the MAGA chuds and QAnons had made up their mind.

No one is enjoying the public fight between former President Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis more than President Biden, who if he chooses to run for another term may be battling one of the two Republicans.

Biden, showing some confidence after a better-than-expected midterm performance by Democrats in the House and Senate, has gleefully dubbed one “the former defeated President” and the other “Donald Trump incarnate.”

“It will be fun watching them take on each other,” Biden said Wednesday at a news conference following Tuesday’s elections.

Considering the lack of Biden's policy wins, and his fairly sizeable losses, and the economy shows little sign of improving, all that he can hope for is a very negative campaign against whoever is the Republican nominee.

Well, with the Democrats keeping the Senate I feel a little safer in this country for the next two years. Not in my own state, of course, but maybe in a different state.

Yes with a margin of error of 2.9 percent.
I already told you that the margin of error goes both ways. Yet you insist on only acknowledging a rightward shift. It's this kind of Karl Rove math that made you believe that the Republicans were gonna capture "up to 3 or 4 seats in the Senate".
I thought the MAGA chuds and QAnons had made up their mind.
Ron DeSanctimonious will never defeat Biden without their help.
5EvIAAx.png

Considering the lack of Biden's policy wins, and his fairly sizeable losses,
And yet he still won the Senate in a midterm! The GOP needs better material than "Biden sucks". (P.S: Biden had plenty of policy wins)

Well, with the Democrats keeping the Senate I feel a little safer in this country for the next two years. Not in my own state, of course, but maybe in a different state.
The Dems keeping the Senate is extremely good news, since it allows them to keep repairing the courts.

Last edited:
Turns out that calling transgender people "pedophile groomers" isn't working.

The GOP's gonna learn absolutely jack shit from this election and triple down on all their shittiness, lmaooo

Last edited:
I already told you that the margin of error goes both ways. Yet you insist on only acknowledging a rightward shift. It's this kind of Karl Rove math that made you believe that the Republicans were gonna capture "up to 3 or 4 seats in the Senate".

It could go either way, because of the ambiguity polls that fall in to the MOE are considered tied. Poling 101.

Ron DeSanctimonious will never defeat Biden without their help.
View attachment 165594

Again, parties unify after the convention.

And yet he still won the Senate in a midterm! The GOP needs better material than "Biden sucks". (P.S: Biden had plenty of policy wins)

Democrats keeping control of the Senate is not a policy win, and if he has plenty of them I am sure you will have no problem listing them all.

Warnock is in trouble, his church and him could be facing court trouble while he campaigns for a runoff.

Last edited:
Even with Senate control decided, Georgians should still turn out for the runoff. 51 seats would give Democrats subpoena power and allow Biden to appoint judges faster.

It could go either way, because of the ambiguity polls that fall in to the MOE are considered tied. Poling 101.
Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 20-28-57 Videos Jon Stewart Witnesses The Collapse Of Fox News' Bulls...png

The actual numbers are still 44/42. No matter how much you play with error margins to make it appear more favorable to you. Your "Poling 101" already made you wrongfully believe that the GOP will pick up to 3 or 4 seats in the Senate.
Again, parties unify after the convention.
Again, MAGA chuds are loyal only to Trump.
Democrats keeping control of the Senate is not a policy win, and if he has plenty of them I am sure you will have no problem listing them all.
I linked an article in my previous comment listing his policy wins. I'll link it a second time just for you. Looking forward to you completely ignoring it a second time.
Warnock is in trouble,
Wishful thinking, courtesy of Fox News.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom