• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

At this point, I think Marissonshipping has a higher chance to actually see some progress than Amourshipping. But I guess we do have the remaining episodes to watch and see.

Though, I'm almost certain this situation is going happen. Like, 80% certain. It's an old speculation of mine, but I can see this happening...
I'm almost certain Ash is going to friendzone her unintentionally because he's so dense and oblivious about love. I can imagine a scene like this when Serena finally confesses:

Serena: Ash - I like you!!
Ash: I like you, too!!
Serena: R-really?
Ash: Yeah! I like you and Clemont and Bonnie and all the pokemon! You are all my good friends!

Looking at the new trailer, we can finally end speculation that Serena will be going to the new region with Ash.

At this point, I think Marissonshipping has a higher chance to actually see some progress than Amourshipping. But I guess we do have the remaining episodes to watch and see.

Though, I'm almost certain this situation is going happen. Like, 80% certain. It's an old speculation of mine, but I can see this happening...

Lol this seriously gave me some Love Hina vibes.

It appears my prediction way back when XYZ stared that we would get the first big Ash hint during the Flare Arc was wrong. Bummer, but looking at it all there really wasn't any place where it would have fit without being out of place.

Moving on.

It looks like the writing's on the wall regarding Serena not being in Alola. To be honest though, never during this whole process did I ever really think that Serena would carry on (except for like a couple of weeks when I was bored and started reading some of the wild theories on Serebii). For me, the ship was never about Serena staying forever or this being Ash's final saga or anything else like that. It was about getting to see a whole bunch of cute moments on screen (that's more than I've gotten from most ships) and then when all was said and done I had the hope that there'd be an absolutely adorable conclusion when the two eventually parted. That's what this ship was always about for me. One of my hopes is already reality and the other seems fairly likely to happen within the last five-ish episodes.

I always assumed Amour would be contained to XY, and I was fine with that. The resolution has always been my focus though, right from the moment when I started shipping Amour back the morning I watched XY026 (Miette's introduction episode). Yes, they will almost certainly at this point part ways, and even now at the end I still have a hard time seeing Ash reciprocate Serena's feelings in any tangible way given his lack of development regarding Amour, but I still have as much hope now as I did when this started that the ship will, whether for better or worse, get the closure it's due.

Prior to the S/M trailer I wanted Serena to continue on assuming the anime continued with XY like writing and animation....but now...forget about it.

Ash looks awful in Sun/Moon, he doesn't even look like Ash anymore. Serena crushing on that...makes no sense. Plus Serena would likely had been redesigned too....so nah. I also get the feeling the new saga will be a reboot with no continuity and Ash won't even know anything and he'll be a goofy moron with no personality.

Oh well. Continuity of the anime pretty much ended with DP anyway. As much as I like XY its a standalone series with no references to the past, so I'm not surprised Amour is ending here. If anything though you can pretend the anime ended with XY, since the next saga literally looks like a reboot or spinoff show.

Well... I'm left speechless after seeing this...

CvxErOGVYAAuu5e.jpg

CvxEu91UsAEU-Vr.jpg

Serena has done the unthinkable. The thing that no Pokégirl has ever done before. And no Pokégirl can ever live up to.

She has kissed Ash/Satoshi...

Amourshipping Forever!!!

Never in my wildest, though still grounded in reality, dreams could I have guessed the ending they'd give this ship.

At many points during this whole process I was very skeptical that anything would come of it, and I had pretty much concluded that Serena's last focus episode was the last real bit of Amour we'd get. Even watching this episode, it looked like Serena was just going to get on her plane and be lost in the folds of time.

This morning though, I am a very happy AmourShipper.

***​

I'll leave the above portion totally unedited, to preserve my initial reaction for future generations, but now that I've watched the escalator scene about a dozen more times I'd like to write something a little more substantive.

Overall, that scene has to be one of the most beautifully executed moments I've seen in Pokémon.

They all get to the escalator to see Serena off, and her and Ash have their last exchange. Then she turns to go down the escalator and I thought, "So that's how Amour ends I guess? They didn't even shake hands or anything." Then they show Serena's face and you can see in her expression that she's thinking something like, "You know, I might never see him again." And then in a moment I never saw coming, Serena walks back up the escalator, the moment happens seamlessly, and she is carried back down. One of the best parts, you can see it in Ash's eyes after his initial surprise fades that maybe, just maybe, he gets it.

Brilliant. Given how they developed the ship over the course of XY, I honestly don't think they could have given us a more satisfying conclusion than this.

Lastly, I've always said Ability is my OTP and I was one of the first people to jump on the Ash x Lillie bandwagon, but after today, after the way this ship was so beautifully resolved, I can say with no doubt now:

Amour will always be my genuine One True Pair.

Last edited:
Yes, I love it more than you think when I saw the episode When I saw the event, I really really really became happy but the they didn't make the kiss event so clear, and this point is the frustrating but the kiss make me really really really happy.

It was so beautiful and so awesome to see the event of kiss again after the kiss in the movie 5. The girl Bianca was so cute, or maybe latias but still the kiss was so beautiful and awesome and here also

That was very, very impressive. I'm sad that Serena and the shipping moments will end, but that was a great way to finish. Kudos.

Exactly, it was so awesome, but they should make more clearly like Bianca in the movie 5. Furthermore, sure it so sad that she will not appear but i am looking for new 3 girls in sun moon and I hope that Serena will Back for more beautiful KISS Next Time my best friend.

Nice Avatar

This is a kids show, I don't think we will see a true on-screen kiss, because we we would have then and there
Yes maybe you are right, but better to see like Bianca's event in the movie
That event is so beautiful

I wonder how Serena's Sun/Moon cameo will go. She'll be redesigned to match Ash's new design I assume, so they'll both look younger. With Ash's new S/M personality being more kid-like and playful maybe Serena's will too.

With both Omode and Matsui writing for S/M, (Matsui did the Serena crossdressing as Ash ep and Omode wrote most of Serena's eps), I'm sure Serena will get a lengthy cameo in S/M....probably 9 episodes or so like Dawn's in BW was.

In any case even if Serena never appears again, its pretty obvious Amour is Ash's endgame ship. If the anime goes on for another 10-20 years with 10 more new girls in later sagas....I'll always assume Serena is Ash's endgame pairing.

I am a MASSIVE fan of Amourshipping and I am SO HAPPY that Serena kissed Ash. I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that she kissed Ash ON THE LIPS, because the previous girls who kissed Ash kissed Ash on his cheek and were SHOWN kissing Ash on his cheek, whereas Serena's kiss was NOT shown (presumably so that other fans of Ash-related shippings don't boycott the anime and also possibly because the writers consider it to be too risqué for what is basically an anime directed toward children). I also have a VERY STRONG FEELING that Serena will get a cameo appearance in the Sun and Moon anime series because she is VASTLY MORE POPULAR than Iris is. If Serena gets a cameo appearance in the Sun and Moon anime series, I hope she has a new hairstyle (like a pony-tail, for example). Also, even though Ash didn't blush, he STILL had slightly sparkling eyes after Serena kissed him (if I remember correctly), which suggests that he enjoyed the kiss and is mature enough to know that this means that Serena is in love with him. Could it be? Has Serena achieved what NONE of Ash's previous female travelling companions has EVER achieved - has Serena BROKEN THROUGH Ash's obliviousness?! Yes, I am SURE that she has. Serena and Ash are SOUL-MATES. Serena is LITERALLY PERFECT for Ash. AMOURSHIPPING FOREVER!!!!!!!!! <3 :)

Last edited:
Saw the ¨kissing¨ scene. One thing that bothers me it was an actual kiss or not?

Back
Top Bottom