• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Saw the ¨kissing¨ scene. One thing that bothers me it was an actual kiss or not?
Had to have been. The way they were positioned and the way it was censored, unlike several cheek kisses that have come before, I don't see how it could have been anything but a full-on kiss. Seriously, check out Clemont, Bonnie and especially Pikachu's reactions. Pikachu has seen Ash receive kisses on the cheek before and never made a face like that.

Saw the ¨kissing¨ scene. One thing that bothers me it was an actual kiss or not?

It's implied but not outright stated. A sort of ambiguity that you would see in the ending of The Legend of Korra: Book 4. But apparently, there is a hidden message to the context of the kissy-kissy scene.

The airline flight that Serena is taking is called Latias H71. As we all know, Latias was the first (and currently only) Pokémon (albeit in disguise as Bianca) to have kissed Ash in the fifth movie Pokémon Heroes (although it was on the cheek rather than the lips). H obviously refers Hoenn, but 71 is the kicker. Now if we go by the original RSE, 71 in the Hoenn Pokédex is the designated number for Lairon and it seems to be a dead-end to anything Amour-related. But if we go by the ORAS Hoenn Pokédex, which incorporates the Hoenn evolutions that debuted in Gen IV, 71 is the designated number for Mawile, whose Japanese name is Kucheat (クチート). The first two katakana クチ make up the kanji word 口 kuchi (mouth).

Since this is Serena's flight as well as her departure from Ash, the hidden message would be "Latias, but the mouth." In other words, the place where Serena kissed Ash is on his lips.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was also pretty much confirmed by the anime directors tweets on twitter that she kissed him on the lips. Most of the anime directors posted tweets and art of the last XY episode, it seems they're quite sad to see it end.

They pretty much confirmed Ash/Serena is the endgame ship for the anime. Of course Serena might never appear in the anime again, but I guess we can assume if the anime ever does end one day, we might see some final scene with the two again provided its not years from now when Serena is pretty much forgotten.

And that's basically the main problem. As the anime goes on year after year, Serena will wind up too far in the past like the other female companions (Misty, May, Dawn, etc.) and just flat out stop appearing because the current kid audience won't even know who she is. That's one of the reasons the writers stopped giving old characters cameos, the kids of today won't even know who they are. So the only way I see Amour getting a follow-up is if Ash's story ends within the next few years.

Yeah, it was also pretty much confirmed by the anime directors tweets on twitter that she kissed him on the lips. Most of the anime directors posted tweets and art of the last XY episode, it seems they're quite sad to see it end.

They pretty much confirmed Ash/Serena is the endgame ship for the anime. Of course Serena might never appear in the anime again, but I guess we can assume if the anime ever does end one day, we might see some final scene with the two again provided its not years from now when Serena is pretty much forgotten.

And that's basically the main problem. As the anime goes on year after year, Serena will wind up too far in the past like the other female companions (Misty, May, Dawn, etc.) and just flat out stop appearing because the current kid audience won't even know who she is. That's one of the reasons the writers stopped giving old characters cameos, the kids of today won't even know who they are. So the only way I see Amour getting a follow-up is if Ash's story ends within the next few years.

I'd love to see some of those tweets. Can you post some/tell me what hashtag I can use to find them?

It's implied but not outright stated. A sort of ambiguity that you would see in the ending of The Legend of Korra: Book 4. But apparently, there is a hidden message to the context of the kissy-kissy scene.

The airline flight that Serena is taking is called Latias H71. As we all know, Latias was the first (and currently only) Pokémon (albeit in disguise as Bianca) to have kissed Ash in the fifth movie Pokémon Heroes (although it was on the cheek rather than the lips). H obviously refers Hoenn, but 71 is the kicker. Now if we go by the original RSE, 71 in the Hoenn Pokédex is the designated number for Lairon and it seems to be a dead-end to anything Amour-related. But if we go by the ORAS Hoenn Pokédex, which incorporates the Hoenn evolutions that debuted in Gen IV, 71 is the designated number for Mawile, whose Japanese name is Kucheat (クチート). The first two katakana クチ make up the kanji word 口 kuchi (mouth).

Since this is Serena's flight as well as her departure from Ash, the hidden message would be "Latias, but the mouth." In other words, the place where Serena kissed Ash is on his lips.
I definitely understand the logic behind this, however, I kinda wish they used Luvdisc's number instead of Mawile. While I certainly get why they may have used Mawile, using Luvdisc instead would have came off a lot more appealing and probably get the same message across.

You don't need to be a genius to know that Serena obviously kissed Satoshi whether it be on the lips or the cheek! It was quite bold by Serena and I am proud of Satoshi! He's a man now~

It was a good pairing, but I preferred Satoshi/Misty. They just seemed so right for each other and even argued like a couple. Back before Pokemon became a forever ongoing series, there were hints or at least moments you felt like they would get together eventually.

Last edited:
Satoshi and Serena have a very united relationship, from childhood and forever, they with their actions, feelings, words and worry have demonstrated that really love each other, are a canon couple. Everyone has beautiful feelings and emotions for them.:love::X3:

Finally having come around to watch, I like the Good Bye of these two. A small kiss (which a kids show can't show of course...) to please the Amourshipping fans in a nice concluding scene. Just wished, Ashs face/reaction hadn't look so unmoved frozen. (Now I want to see an Episode where Serena meets May and first talking about contest, then coming to both knowing Ash. Certainly want a special episode with this) Well, ... done and gone for. Now let's see which Shipping in Sun and Moon will become most famous

Last edited:
Last edited:
"I ended it in a way that makes you think they will probably become one in the future."

A one-sided relationship doesn't exactly have any potential, especially when they can only meet each other again once at most.

Honestly, that comment "I ended it in a way that makes you think they will probably become one in the future." sorta makes me skeptical. It's how he worded it. Instead of making that Ash and Serena were definitely going to be together, he worded so they may/probably could become one in the future. It brought me to these conclusions.
1. He doesn't want to give away the ending of the Pokemon Anime
2. The series still has along way, so more female character/love interest could appear or even previous ones.

Serena wants to become better for Ash, but the writers don't care about logic, they may forget her for what we know.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

As stated, the director implied Ash/Serena is endgame, and when they get older they'll likely become a couple. Now obviously it doesn't matter if we ever see this in the anime or not, since Ash is not going to age anyway, but its a headcanon thing for people to assume. Tomioka also wrote the last XY episode and worked with the director, so its obvious he and most of the current anime staff like Omode and Matsui who work on SM now all like it.

Its basically the same type of ending they gave Contestshipping at the end of AG. May and Drew never got together on-screen, but the way they ended it let you assume that eventually it will likely happen in the future. So Amour got the best ending since Contestshipping for a ship.

Yajima isn't even the director anymore, nor is Tomioka the head writer. This was their way of wrapping up Serena's character; to say that it has any impact on Ash's ending years from now is a huge stretch.

You say it is one sided but he even stated that Ash walked forward to extent the duration of the kiss....
He said nothing of the kind. Ash was too surprised to do anything like that, anyway.

Yajima isn't even the director anymore, nor is Tomioka the head writer. This was their way of wrapping up Serena's character; to say that it has any impact on Ash's ending years from now is a huge stretch.

Literally the entire Pokemon anime staff remains the same from gen to gen with few exceptions. Tomioka is still with the series, and has been with it since episode 3 (his first episode was Ash capturing Caterpie, so he's been around the entire show), and Matsui who is the current director has been with the series since AG and DP. Omode is also still a writer in SM. Tomioka co-wrote the last XY episode with the director, its obvious the anime staff aren't going to do this whole shipping thing with any future girl as it would be redundant, and Serena is now currently the most well know shipping love interest for Ash especially in Japan.

Yep, and it was translated by Adamant/Dephender who has been in the online fandom since 2004 and is a mod on Serebii and has posted here for over a decade. It's really interesting we got this interview from the XY director in general, I actually wish we got inside-info based on all past sagas.

Kinda ironic too, that here we are in the far-flung future of 2017 and an Ash ship got semi-confirmed by official anime staff. What a time to be alive.

Interesting enough Tomioka wrote the last XY episode and worked with the XY director, he's been with the anime since Kanto since episode 3, he was the head writer for AG and DP (he wrote most of May's Contest episodes, many of the the Drew/Harley episodes, and was in charge of Dawn's Contest arc, Paul, and everything in DP), so he's basically the "word of god" so to speak. Tomioka likely considers Ash/Serena endgame too.

That being said they also did leave it open ended since the anime might go on for years anyway, but for now its nice to consider it. Also don't bother with Bulbapedia, the staff there will edit away anything to leave all the shipping pages neutral.

Back
Top Bottom