• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I remember a news about movies in progress. The news said that Liko will be the star of those movies. But it’s been a whole year since Horizons started and no movie has been announced yet.
That must have been some rumors because I haven't heard anything about any Pokemon being in development. While I could still see them making new Pokemon movies eventually, I'm still not sure about them using Liko and Roy as the main leads. I think using Ash would be a bigger draw to a new Pokemon movie than the new leads. Horizons has been on for about a year, but it's hard to say how well it or the new leads have been received in Japan and if using the current lead for a hypothetical movie would be a selling point.

And not AU Ash either, hopefully.
It does depend, as the main reason why M20-M21-M23 were a reboot trilogy was because the mainstream films were cliché storms that stopped making a profit by M18. M24 being a continuation of Ash's quest after becoming World Champion might be a major draw in the box office (especially in the United States) if done right.

But I wouldn't expect another movie for awhile, since I'm not sure if the "production issues" that lead to the breaks and clip episodes in mid-2022 have been resolved yet. And even if we do get another movie, it'll probably be another sequel to M20 (or a CGI remake of M02).

While I could still see them making new Pokemon movies eventually, I'm still not sure about them using Liko and Roy as the main leads. I think using Ash would be a bigger draw to a new Pokemon movie than the new leads.
It wouldn't make sense if Liko and Roy weren't in the next movie. They are the new MCs after all.

Even if Satoshi's presence made more sense, his story is over, continuing it might be a bit of a stretch.

Happy birthday to Erica Schroeder, one of the Pokémon anime's most notable VA's and one of NY's most prominent and memorable actors as well.

1000001417.jpg

It wouldn't make sense if Liko and Roy weren't in the next movie. They are the new MCs after all.

Even if Satoshi's presence made more sense, his story is over, continuing it might be a bit of a stretch.
I wouldn't say that Ash's story is over exactly when he didn't get a definitive ending. He's just continuing his adventures off-screen, so showing one of those adventures in a movie wouldn't be a stretch or difficult. They could easily have it be AU Ash instead if they're really worried about that, but I don't think that would be a major concern either.

Liko and Roy are the new leads, but I don't know if having them be featured in the first new Pokemon movie in years would be as much of a selling point compared to Ash. Having the movies feature Ash would also help to make them distinct from the anime series too. I'm not sure if they are planning on more Pokemon movies either way, but I do miss the yearly movies. It was something new to speculate on and I really liked when they finally just went the AU direction for the movies too.

Happy birthday to Erica Schroeder, one of the Pokémon anime's most notable VA's and one of NY's most prominent and memorable actors as well.

View attachment 187588
I hope she has a very happy birthday! :yay:

And speaking of Erica, here's a picture of me with her at my state's very first Anime-Con last year! :yay:

IMG_20230729_172206786~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom