• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Another new style now available

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Bet you weren't expecting this so quickly. ;)

The new style we're launching today is "Distortion World". The first of two winning styles from the style poll earlier this year, this style uses the second of our new layout templates. This framework produces styles with a modern flat feel, replacing all of XenForo's default sprites, icons and gradients with scalable vector icons. This means fewer compatibility concerns with different sized screens, and a forum that should load noticeably quicker at your end.

As with Bluebook, this is the first time we've used this particular framework for a style, there may still be a few rough edges, so please let us know here in this thread if there's anything you think isn't working right. This style is only available in this particular framework for now, but may be made available in the same framework that Bluebook uses at some point in the future.

The next skin will be Xerneas. We'll probably start working on that one this weekend, so let us know which of the two formats we've released so far that you'd prefer to see it in.

Hmm... It looks great, but do I choose sexy dark, or big avatars? Sexy dark, or big avatars...

Could you enlarge the avatar display to match Bluebook? I would love to use this one, but the avatars are too small for my preferences.

Thanks!

• Staff
I've updated the content text to a lighter white, which should be more visible. Signature text has also been updated to a lighter shade (the same one the content text used previously).
Could you enlarge the avatar display to match Bluebook? I would love to use this one, but the avatars are too small for my preferences.
I'll look into doing this once I finish the Xerneas skin. Can't make any promises at this stage though.

Also, not the headers but the posts from BulbaNewsNow are missing, as well as Facebook. Instead of the Tweets from @Bulbagarden, it reads "Sidebar Extra One."

Why are the subforums displayed as collapsibles on this skin but not on the others? I'd like this to be fixed.

It might take some time for me to adjust from Bulbagarden Classic, but I've found a good default in this. Nice work.

I've noticed a little bug (not sure of that's the right word but, eh) with the skin; the parts on the right of our posts aren't showing up with our trophy points or our locations. This may be a conscious stylistic choice, but I figure I'd mention it.

Why are the subforums displayed as collapsibles on this skin but not on the others? I'd like this to be fixed.
Because that's a particular feature of the style framework that we used to build this particular style. For us to make it available in other styles, we'd need to find a way to adapt the code used to achieve it for this style to the other style frameworks. It's basically a square peg in a round hole situation. We probably can figure out how to cut that square peg down so that it'll fit, but for now we're focused more on getting more skins actually out there rather than trying to tinker too much with their inner workings.

I've noticed a little bug (not sure of that's the right word but, eh) with the skin; the parts on the right of our posts aren't showing up with our trophy points or our locations. This may be a conscious stylistic choice, but I figure I'd mention it.
I think you mean to the left of the posts, right? Normally that would be in with your post count and likes received. That's a stylistic choice with this framework. You'll notice the Bluebook skin omits a few of those as well. It's something we can probably fix up for people in the near future, shouldn't require as much tinkering to get working as those collapsibles would.

This is stupid but, how do you change styles?

Back
Top Bottom