• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you a morning person or an evening person?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
It looks like no one has asked this yet, so... yeah. Do you consider yourself a morning person or an evening person? Does it depend on what you're doing, or is it one or the other regardless?

I'm definitely a morning person, myself. At night, I'm usually so exhausted that it can be difficult to get anything productive done after, say, 8pm. But when I wake up in the morning, I feel refreshed, focused, and ready to take on the day and get things done. Bonus points if the sun is rising and if it's relatively quiet outside, which helps a lot. That's not to say that I'm literally unable to stay up late, but I can really only do that if I'm doing something that doesn't tax my mind too much like, say, playing video games, messing around on the internet, or something else like that, but when it comes to doing actual important work, 5am is way better than 12am for me.

I am not a morning person.. I am not an evening person.. I am barely a functioning person XD. I can work really well between 10p.m and 2a.m I discovered during university but since I work a full 8 hour day now I'm exhausted by 8pm like you've said. But to answer this thread, for me it depends on the motivation otherwise I have to rely on coffee to determine my productivity at any time of day. When I was studying I definitely felt I was more alive at night but nowadays I'm adjusting to maybe seeing the value in becoming a morning person.. Maybe...

I am soooooooooo not a morning person. My perfect life would be going to bed at 4am and waking up at noon. Whether I sleep four hours or 12 hours, if it's morning I wake up groggy, with a cloudy mind, and I don't want to get out of bed. I learned the hard way not to take difficult classes at 8am, especially not anything math-related. Right now I'm taking calc at 10am, and I have to set my alarm for 7am and I still can barely manage to get my ass out of bed and to class in time.

Meanwhile, my boyfriend is totally a morning person. He wants to jump out of bed and go running at some insane hour of the morning like FOUR or FIVE, the HELL. But he's been rubbing off on me a lot the last year or so, so even left to my own devices I can barely sleep past 8am anymore, even on days like today where I literally have nothing to do. It still takes me awhile to actually get out of bed because I don't wannaaaaaaaaaaaaa, and it still takes awhile for my brain to get out of "durr wat 4 wurdz" mode, but I realised that you can get a hell of a lot more done when you're in sync with the rest of the world (not many people are awake nor places open at 3 or 4am :ROFLMAO: ). My brain still works much better in the evening/at night though, so I save calculus homework for nighttime instead of right after class.

I'm not a morning person at all. I will sleep through the entire morning when given the chance.

It depends. I rarely sleep well, even with my medication, so it makes my morning sluggish and annoying, pretty much the only thing I look forward to in the mornings, even with the rare chance I sleep well, is my exercise. I function better in the evenings usually though, after work I take a nap when I can since it kind of relieves my tiredness, and I get a lot more things done in the evening. But there are times when I can't take a nap and I become even more sluggish and irritated that I just can't function as well; it also doesn't help that when I'm tired and what not I turn to TV, games, computer, books, etc. late at night so it sometimes makes it worse for the next day. So yeah, it usually depends, sometimes it's neither.

Definitely a morning person, I'm more productive and can concentrate better in the morning. I've got trouble staying up late anyway, mostly go to bed by 10/11 pm.

Evening. I don't hate mornings, but I don't know, they're just not my thing. I guess it's because they're a reminder that I have to wake up and endure 12 hours of work, chores, and just being in the real world. Also, in the evenings, things cool down considerably. I hate this summer heat!

Once in a good while I'll wake up in the mornings feeling great, but most of the time I'd rather sleep in. XD

Night person BIG TIME. I have a day job and I can NEVER get proper sleep anymore. It's driving me crazy. -_-

Evening person. I usually feel more awake then. Morning = extra sleep time. :sleep:

I'm definitely a night person. (It's actually almost 2 in the morning right now where I am. :p) Whenever I don't have to get up early for something, I stay up late and sleep late. And I'm usually tired in the mornings even if I get enough sleep. Sometimes I'll be tired all day but then suddenly get my energy back at night when I should be sleeping. It can be kind of annoying when I have to go to school in the morning.

Definitely a night person (was up until 8 AM this morning, then I went to bed for the.. night? day? lol). If I could, I'd sleep all day and be active all hours of the night! Unfortunately I can't during the school year because, well, school! Aah well. x'D I'm pretty much the same as Zkat above me— if I don't have to get up early for anything, I ain't going to bed early heheh.

I can pretty much function at any time of day as long as I've had enough sleep beforehand... however I prefer evening and night because the world is quiet and peaceful and it makes me feel less anxious.. And my family is mostly asleep so I have the house mostly to myself.

I am a HUGE evening person! I usually find it hard to sleep before 2 or 3 am unless I'm just THAT tired.

My sleep cycle keeps changing after every few months or so lol.
So depending on that I can be a morning/evening/night/afternoon whatever person.
Currently I think I am an evening-night person.

I'm definetely an evening person.

I'm not mentally awake until 10am so definitely an evening person.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom