• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you allergic to anything?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
Im sure countless people out there have reactions to things like certain types of drugs/medications, insect venom, food the list goes on. I am only allergic to two drugs, methylphenidate (Ritalin). This causes my heart to beat at about 135bpm, it is a central nervous system stimulant. Methelphenidate has the same effect as cocaine, causing noradrenaline and dopemine and is quite good, but the half life is only two hours. I am very interested in medicine and drugs. My favorite feild of medicine is anesthetics, without them modern surgery would be impossible.

Last edited:
No dangerous major allergy that I know of yet, but I get the atopy symptoms, rhinitis asthma conjunctivitis dermatitis, so probably some kind of seasonal pollen?

To my knowledge so far, the only thing that I'm definitely allergic to is hazelnuts. Not severely, and I have a whole bunch of other odd intolerances to certain foods anyway, but specifically hazelnut even in small amounts will give me immediate allergic symptoms.

Also, ragweed pollen. I don't typically get seasonal allergies in the spring, but around the beginning of fall I'll usually start coming down with hay fever, and all the ragweed we have around here is certainly to blame. - -;

Trimethoprim (a drug used for treating stomach and kidney infections) is my only known allergy. Makes me break out in bad hives and I can get very sick indeed, so whenever I get prescribed a new drug, I always ask my doctor what its main ingredients are (a little something I learned to do from Big Hero 6).

A lot of people in my family also have allergies to penicillin and wasp venom, but I don't thankfully (even though wasps scare me for this reason).

I'm allergic, or at least was when I was younger, to penicillin. Had to take some for an illness once and wound up with a nasty rash a week later. I know it's pretty common to outgrow a penicillin allergy, so I might not be anymore. I'm also allergic to Zithromax (an antibiotic). That one gave me nausea and vomiting. Fun.

I've never been stung by a bee or wasp before and I'm always so nervous about it happening in case I'm allergic to that too lol

No food, medicinal, or animal allergy that I'm aware of so far, though I haven't been stung by a wasp so whether I'm allergic to them or not is still an unknown (though not keen to find out, bee stings hurt but wasps are another level lol). I am allergic to pollen, depending on the weather and how long I'm outside when it's in effect it can do quite a number on me, and it has made me stay in bed for a few days before with a runny nose and fever, or if it's not a fever then it's hives that irritate me along with major sneezing.

Speaking of insects, I have been stung by a wasp with no severe side effects, but father and maternal grandmother have shown some when stung by bees, so I kinda am afraid of those, but by a combination of being careful and lucky, not stung by a bee myself, so not sure if inherited.

Amoxicillin and presumably all penicillin products for sure; took it in 6th grade when I had strep throat and broke out in hives all over about halfway through the meds. Haven't taken any other penicillin based meds ever but my doctors and I just assume that's what it was since penicillin allergies run in my family a little anyway.

Also some season allergies probably, some sorts of pollen. Not really sure exactly what and it's not super bad but I do tend get a bit stuffed up in late spring early summer.

In my early childhood I was found to be allergic to milk, nuts, and Sulfa drugs.

I'm not sure how accurate this is for me today. I've had a lot of dairy products over the years with little to no reaction. In fact, right now I eat yogurt for lunch every day. I have never tried anything from the latter two. I just avoid them, although I will say not being able to eat nuts makes me sad. I remember when I stocked the area of bagged nuts in my retail job they always smelled so good. =(

i... don't think i have any particular noteworthy allergies?? which is kinda wild because i think a lot of ppl i know tend to have at least one or so, but i... haven't had an allergic reaction to really anything in my life so...

It is very interesting as to why people react to things. The human body is very complicated. I hope everyone here stays safe.
Much love :3
cc81db2244ec274a643825e5053c699e--magic-wands-isa.jpg

Bee stings at least when I was a kid. Not eager anytime soon to see if that has changed.

If I have allergies to anything besides nickel, I don't know of it yet. I feel lucky, since everyone else in my household has the lion's share of allergies and intolerances.

Dairy does... things. Except for greek yogurt... for some reason I can have that without any problems! I think it's because of the good gut bacteria. Besides that I'm not sure. I really hope I'm not allergic to anything and just don't know yet. >_<

Dairy does... things. Except for greek yogurt... for some reason I can have that without any problems! I think it's because of the good gut bacteria. Besides that I'm not sure. I really hope I'm not allergic to anything and just don't know yet. >_<
Some yogurt goes through processing to remove as much lactose as possible. Lactose intolerance is nasty :(

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom