• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Artemis Fowl Mafia ~ Endgame - (Time Ends) ~ MAFIA AND SURVIVOR WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
2/3 endgames so far today.
At this point I'm almost certain that neither WolfOwl nor Caps will show up in time to change votes. Even less likely both.
So we just get an actual mislynch through and win!

TL;DR Coming soon; 3/3 endgames today :p

Based on the timestamp of the last update plus 48 hours it should be in 5 minutes. Please doublecheck.

I am so sorry.

Last night, daylight savings time turned into normal time again. We went one hour backwards. So for me, it should be in an hour. I'm so sorry. For a game that has focused on time, I have been pretty confused with it.
Anyway, VOTES LOCKED. UPDATE PENDING.

Endgame ~ Time Ends
Endgame ~ Time Ends

Official Votals
TheCapsFan (3) – Zexy, Pika_pika42, DarthWolf13
Pika_pika42 (1) – jdthebud
No Lynch (1) – WolfOwl
Not Voting (1) – TheCapsFan

Artemis squirmed and writhed like a caterpillar who never escaped its cocoon. After the tree’s bark had successfully cut his skin, he relaxed and sulked. Not even his mind could find a way out of this one.

“Where did I go wrong?”

“I think you went wrong when you tried to fix this by yourself.”

“Thankyou for summing that up, Trouble… I actually just thought about odd your name is.” Then it clicked. “Why don’t you live up to it?”

Artemis could imagine Trouble smirking in agreement.

“With pleasure.” Grunts of pain sparked the air and filled Artemis with excitement. The sound of a laser whizzed through the air and shot the tree. Artemis felt the ropes around him loosen, and he sprinted towards the house. He didn’t look back; only felt the harsh chill of the air slowly freeze his lungs. He heard Opal scream, followed by the blast of another laser. He turned around only this once, and saw Trouble’s mangled body collapse. It was coming to an end.

jdthebud died in the endgame. They were…

Hello jdthebud. You are Trouble Kelp.

You are the serious elf who has been a great commander of LEP. You eventually took over Julius Root after his death, and you actually went on three dates with Holly Short (in a very awkward relationship). You have a younger brother, Grub, who you are constantly embarrassed of.

As commander of the LEP, you have the responsibility of making sure all of your agents are stocked up on magic. Because of your responsibilities and technology, you are the town’s 1 x Bulletproof and Reloader. Each night, you can target a player, and if they have used a one-shot ability, you grant them another use. You can do this by replying to this PM with Restock PLAYER’S Magic. Additionally, by using your elf magic, you can protect yourself from a nightkill for the first three nights of the game only. After that, you will run out of your magic and, since you’re so busy, you won’t have to perform the Ritual and replenish your magic.

You are aligned with the town and win when once all the mafia have been eliminated.

jdthebud has died. They were aligned with the town and were their 1 x Bulletproof Reloader.

Soon, the blasts were shot in Artemis’ direction. Opal’s screams were becoming more distant, and soon he found the safe confinement of the manor. It didn’t look the same as it once was. But he’d never felt more safe in his entire life. He slowed down, recalling Butler’s techniques on how to reduce heart rate quickly.

Upon adjusting to the brightness of the lights, he found scattered papers all around the floor. He scaled through them, and came across a report on Foaly.

Hellcrow’s Role PM was found. They were…

Hello Hellcrow. You are Foaly.

You are the centaur who acts as the eye in the sky for Holly and other LEProcon agents. You’re extremely intelligent, but as much as you try to rival Artemis, he’s usually beats you. In the last book, you have to temporarily substitute your desk job to fight the imminent threats against a dismantled LEP and your partner.

With your technology and intelligence, you can give your colleagues great information about their situation. Because of your necessary contributions, you are the town’s 1 x Spy and 2 x Tracker. By using your technology, you can use one of two abilities during a night phase. You can use your spy ability, which allows you to see 3 random messages from the mafia chat (names omitted). You can do this by replying to this PM with Use Drone Tonight. Additionally, you can use your tracker ability, which allows you to see who a specific player targeted with their action (but not what action they performed). You can do this by replying to this PM with Track: PLAYER.

You are aligned with the town and win when once all the mafia have been eliminated.

Hellcrow died a while ago. They were aligned with the town and were their 1 x Spy and 2 x Tracker.

He chucked it to the side, and found another profile. This time, it was Julius Root’s.

CheffOfGames WolfOwl died in the endgame. They were…

Hello CheffOfGames WolfOwl. You are Julius Root.

You are the former LEP commander who earned the name ‘Beetroot’ for your large capacity of anger. You are large for an elf, and have a buzz cut to match. You were particularly hard on Holly Short, but we soon find out that it was so she could earn respect. You died in the fourth book, “The Opal Deception,” but we see Holly say goodbye to you after travelling back into the past.

Your death was quite sad, and motivated Holly to save Artemis from Opal Koboi. Because of this tragedy, you are the town’s 1 x Motivator. During one night, you can let another player use their role twice, if applicable. You can do this by replying to this PM with Give Last Orders To: PLAYER.

WolfOwl has died. They were aligned with the town and were their 1 x Motivator.

Again, he tossed it to the side. Where did all of these come from?

CLICK.

Artemis froze, just as he saw his name on one of the files.

“Like my research?”

“Did I hear the click of a human revolver?”

“It’s more fun to see you killed by your own tools.”

“You’re sick.”

“I know.” Artemis felt the revolver’s cold mouth press against the scarred tissue of his neck. He gulped, and thought about nothing but the one’s he knew. “Even Artemis Fowl can fail.”

“This one did. But I’m still out there.”

BANG.

Blood spilled over Artemis’ file. The brilliant young man had gone under his last stage of self-development; to learn to fail.

TheCapsFan was lynched. They were…

Hello _____. You are Artemis Fowl II (Orion Fowl).

You are the protagonist of the series. You began as a 12-year-old Irish prodigy who used your talents to become a criminal mastermind. You discovered a secret race of mythical creatures that lived below the Earth’s surface and became a threat to their existence.

You grew from your devilish motives throughout the series, and became a great friend to the mythical race. You went through multiple phases, including the time where your alternate personality, Orion, overtook your mind and provided some very modern and romantic Shakespearean humour. Because of your massive growth into your kind self, you are the town’s Developer with Multiple Personalities. For four nights, you will gain a new one shot role and condition. You begin with a 1 x Shot Vote Thief and the Hated Condition (meaning that you will begin with 1 vote automatically each phase.) However, you will not be able to choose what role you use, including idling the role. The chance of idling your role will be distributed equally amongst the amount of roles you have. (eg. If you have one role, both will have 50% chances. If you have three and the chance to idle, each will have 25%, etc.)

[Gained roles: 1 x Hacker (disables mafia chat for 1 day phase), 1 x Giver (copies role and allows it to be sent to another player), 1 x Crazy Romantic (can become immune to the lynch next day if they talk like a modern Shakespearean romantic), 1 x Sacrificer (stops the mafia kill without fail during the night, but loses all unused roles and all conditions).]

[Gained conditions: Hated (starts each phase with 1 vote), Regretful (if they target the night kill recipient on the same night that person is killed, they lose the ability to use a role the next night), Shared (if investigated by a cop, the cop will be notified that the player cannot possibly be a Godfather), Loud (the player’s target will be notified that the player visited them), 1 x Bulletproof (can survive one night kill attempt).]

TheCapsFan was lynched. They were aligned with the town and were their Developer with Multiple Personalities.

Opal shrilled in delight. “I’ve finally won. But I can’t kill that little French brat. I promised her… Now, time to kill the other Artemis.”

DarthWolf13 has won. They were…

Hello DarthWolf13. You are Minerva Paradizo.

You are another teenage prodigy that served as a temporary rival to Artemis. You are equal in intelligence, but are beaten overall as Artemis has knowledge of fairy technology. You are French, and after a time warp in “The Lost Colony,” you become the same age as Artemis. You are described by him as beautiful, and it is implied you have feelings for each other at one stage. While Artemis was stuck in Limbo, you became good friends with Butler.

Your goal was to secure a demon and use it to warn the world (and secure a Nobel Prize). Due to this goal, and your talents, you are aligned with yourself, and are an Undetectable 1 x Commuter, 1 x Self-Redirector Survivor. Your goal is to survive until the endgame, so you can hopefully achieve your goal. You also have a few things to help you achieve this. If you are investigated by a cop, you will come up as a town member. Additionally, any night action you use will be unable to be traced by a watcher, tracker, or role of similar nature. During one night, you can choose to use your technology and become immune to all night actions. You can do this by replying to this PM with Cover Up Tracks Tonight. Finally, during one night, you can redirect any night actions that target you onto someone else. You can do this by replying to this PM with Reflect Dangers Onto: PLAYER. You can’t use both abilities on the one night.

You are aligned with yourself, and win if you survive until the endgame.

DarthWolf13 has won. They were aligned with themselves and were an Undetectable 1 x Commuter, 1 x Self-Redirector Survivor.

Opal, followed by the previous Artemis Fowl enemies she had summoned, stormed onto the battleground. She just saw the younger Artemis walking towards the Gate, with a figure underneath a cloak. She knew that the figure was her brain-dead clone, Nopal. For someone who shared her DNA, she had never despised someone nearly as much. Other than Artemis.

“Stop right there!” The younger Artemis turned around. He was now in between two Opals of different times. Neither seemed confused. The younger one continued to open the final lock on the gate, which would destroy every human on the Earth. Artemis just stopped, and looked back to a younger Holly’s figure sprint across the grounds. The older Opal held up the revolver. “Now both of you are dead.” A lone tear fell from Artemis' eye. I failed.

BANG.

The younger Artemis slumped to the ground. Once again dead.

CRACK.

Once again, the sky tore itself open, and discontinuous burst of navy blue drew attention from the world. A portal opened up, and began to suck everything into it.

Another time warp? Opal squealed before both her flew into the never-ending tunnel. She was quickly followed by many of Artemis’ past enemies. But there was no doubt. She still won.

Zexy/Wicke has won the game. They were…

Hello Zexy/Wicke. You are Opal Koboi.

You are the main antagonist of most the Artemis Fowl books. No matter how many times you’ve been defeated, you continue to come up with ridiculous ways of causing global mayhem. You are pretty crazy, and you’re a large control freak. Eventually, you get your own brain-dead clone, whom Artemis uses to defeat you once and for all.

You are fond of using the fairy ability to mesmer targets. Because of this trait, and your severe control issues, you are the mafia’s Explosive Usurper 1 x Rolecop and Roleblocker. In addition to your general mafia wincon, you also need to outlive the Godfather. During one night, you can also use your magic to find out a player’s role. You can do this by replying to this PM with Use Mesmer To Get Info From: PLAYER. However, if you aren’t using your 1 x Rolecop, you can use your infinite roleblock. By using your mesmer, you can immobilise a player and prevent them from performing their action. You can do this by replying to this PM with Mesmerise: PLAYER. Additionally, in the last book (The Last Guardian), you kill your younger self to distort the world. This caused all of the world’s technology to blow up. So, when you are killed, you will be explosive and roleblock three random non-mafia players for the next night.

You are aligned with the mafia and win when your numbers are equal to or greater than the town, and the Godfather has died before you.

Zexy has won. They were aligned with the mafia and were their Explosive Usurper 1 x Rolecop and Roleblocker.

Pika_pika42 has won. They were…

Hello Pika_pika42. You are Leon Abbot/Billy Kong/Jon Spiro/Goblins.

You are four of the temporary villains that have been present in the series. You are all quite different, ranging from a demon with stolen magic to a traitorous man after the race. You have all been defeated when you have tried to stand up to Artemis Fowl and his allies.

As said before, you are all so different. Because of your unique natures, you are the mafia’s Jack-Of-All-Trades. You can use one of the following four abilities each night.

· 1 x Rolecop (You can use magic to find out a player’s role. You can do this by replying to this PM with Mesmerise: PLAYER.)

· 1 x Strongman Kill (You can use your strength and power to break through a protection when performing a kill. You can do this by replying to this PM with Strongman Kill: PLAYER.)

· 1 x Janitor (You can use your technological abilities to wipe any data from appearing after a kill. The killed player’s Role PM won’t appear in-thread, but in the mafia chat. You can do this by replying to this PM with Clean Up Data Tonight.)

· 1 x Framer (You can use your abilities to make a target appear as though they are a mafia member if investigated. You can do this by replying to this PM with Frame: PLAYER.)

You are aligned with the mafia and win when your numbers are equal to or greater than the town.

Pika_pika42 has won. They were aligned with the mafia and were their Jack-Of-All-Trades (1 x Rolecop, 1 x Strongman, 1 x Janitor and 1 x Framer)

Artemis smiled in the afterlife.

I changed time.

AND GAME FINISHED.

Thankyou to all those that played the game. I really appreciate it, and you’ve put up with probably my most poorly hosted game. I’m sorry for all the inconveniences I caused, but I really appreciate all the effort you put in to make it a successful game.

Congratulations to the mafia and survivor. Your wins were very well deserved.

I’m open to answering any questions you many have about the game, or even the flavour text. I know the ending is a bit ambiguous, but again, if any of you read that and don’t understand, just ask.

Finally, may you please answer the following questions so I can help improve myself.

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the balance?
What did you think of the flavour text?
What did you think of the hosting?
Was there anything you would’ve changed about this game?

Would you play another game like this in the future?

Also, here’s the mafia chat: Artemis Fowl Mafia Mafia Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting

And here are all the night actions:

Night 1
Lone_Garurumon cop checks Hellcrow
Pika_pika42 rolecops Lone_Garurumon
TheCapsFan steals Zexy's vote
SoaringDylan kills WolfOwl
Zexy roleblocks TheCapsFan
Soaringdylan used hire
Night 2
TheCapsFan hacks mafia chat
Soaringdylan kills Max1996
Soaringdylan motivates Zexy (from hire ability)
Zexy rolecops WolfOwl
Zexy rolecops DarthWolf13
swarla steals jdthebud's vote
jdthebud reloads Zexy
Hellcrow tracks swarla
Night 3
WolfOwl motivates jdthebud
DarthWolf13 commutes
Pika_pika42 janitors Hellcrow
Zexy roleblocks Pikochu
jdthebud reloads TheCapsFan
jdthebud reloads WolfOwl
Hellcrow tracks TheCapsFan
jdthebud loses BP due to Night #
Night 4
WolfOwl motivates TheCapsFan
DarthWolf13 self-redirects onto Zexy
Pika_pika42 strong kills Pikochu
Zexy roleblocks jdthebud
TheCapsFan uses Crazy Romantic
Night 5
Zexy roleblocks TheCapsFan
TheCapsFan uses Sacrificer
Zexy kills jdthebud

I’ll also be making some host notes later regarding the setup and the game overall.

Thanks again to all J

Did you enjoy the game?
WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I DID ENJOY IT
Very pro-town! The game had three of the most OP town roles I've seen; 1x Bulletproof Cop, 1x Bulletproof Reloader and Developer with Multiple Personalities. I'll elaborate on this in a separate post but wow, the fact we actually won (barely) against such a setup is a little miracle. Not kidding.
It was very good, although not knowing much about Artemis Fowl I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest.
The setup was very interesting (even if unbalanced), kudos on that. The actual execution could've gone a bit better as there were lots of mistakes, but most didn't really hinder the flow of the game.
Lots of things; for one I would've tried to push a lynch Day 1 like I planned, it might've saved us lots of time and wafflespeak later on. I'd also not kill jd that last night for similar reasons, also I might've killed Caps sooner because wow that role was just nasty.
Yes and no. No if the setup is this unbalanced but the general concept was really nice and I enjoyed the game A LOT!

Congrats and thanks to @DarthWolf13 @Soaringdylan and @Pika_pika42 . I want to thank each one of them separately; Darth for siding with us so we could achieve what we didn't pull off in Percy Jackson; Dylan for letting me lynch him and being a major reason Darth sided with us; and Pikapika for getting a really nice scum play straight away as a newbie to the mafia alignment!

I would also like to thank Elementar for hosting and Maniacal Engineer for MoDing. But you'll still have to get my wall-sized lecture on balance :p

Thanks to town for making the game enjoyable too; sorry @swarla for that lynch in your first game here. Not sorry @Lone_Garurumon served you right for what you did to me in Percy Jackson :p @WolfOwl sorry not sorry about killing you off N1... but then you subbed back in and it was great to agree so much with you and get away with it! Although I'm afraid we'll have trouble agreeing ever again after this.

Did you enjoy the game?
WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I DID ENJOY IT
Very pro-town! The game had three of the most OP town roles I've seen; 1x Bulletproof Cop, 1x Bulletproof Reloader and Developer with Multiple Personalities. I'll elaborate on this in a separate post but wow, the fact we actually won (barely) against such a setup is a little miracle. Not kidding.
It was very good, although not knowing much about Artemis Fowl I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest.
The setup was very interesting (even if unbalanced), kudos on that. The actual execution could've gone a bit better as there were lots of mistakes, but most didn't really hinder the flow of the game.
Lots of things; for one I would've tried to push a lynch Day 1 like I planned, it might've saved us lots of time and wafflespeak later on. I'd also not kill jd that last night for similar reasons, also I might've killed Caps sooner because wow that role was just nasty.
Yes and no. No if the setup is this unbalanced but the general concept was really nice and I enjoyed the game A LOT!

Congrats and thanks to @DarthWolf13 @Soaringdylan and @Pika_pika42 . I want to thank each one of them separately; Darth for siding with us so we could achieve what we didn't pull off in Percy Jackson; Dylan for letting me lynch him and being a major reason Darth sided with us; and Pikapika for getting a really nice scum play straight away as a newbie to the mafia alignment!

I would also like to thank Elementar for hosting and Maniacal Engineer for MoDing. But you'll still have to get my wall-sized lecture on balance :p

Thanks to town for making the game enjoyable too; sorry @swarla for that lynch in your first game here. Not sorry @Lone_Garurumon served you right for what you did to me in Percy Jackson :p @WolfOwl sorry not sorry about killing you off N1... but then you subbed back in and it was great to agree so much with you and get away with it! Although I'm afraid we'll have trouble agreeing ever again after this.
You said everything, also, waffles.

Did you enjoy the game?
Enjoyed this game a lot. My first win as Mafia. For me out of the 3 games I played, this one was the best.

The game was well balanced until the end phases where I felt the game to be leaning more towards the Town side.

Honest confession: I didn't read the flavour text. :p

Hosting was really nice. (Apart from the host's unwillingness to change the flavour text).

Nothing I can think of.

Surely. :)

Enjoyed this game a lot. My first win as Mafia. For me out of the 3 games I played, this one was the best.

The game was well balanced until the end phases where I felt the game to be leaning more towards the Town side.

Honest confession: I didn't read the flavour text. :p

Hosting was really nice. (Apart from the host's unwillingness to change the flavour text).

Nothing I can think of.

Surely. :)
Of course it should :) I'm glad I managed to help you win in not only one but two of the first games you played in; AussieEevee's Superhero Bonanza and this. This was much harder.

The game was pro-town from the beginning; that's how balance works. How we experience it as it plays out is what is called swing. I'll elaborate in a bit.

heh :p

...wow... that's a very capable survivor. I have to say the game was fun, even just to watch unfold from the sidelines. It was rather Townsided though, I mean damn man! 3 night Bulletproof cops and such?

Many kudos to pika pika though, you did well for your first scum game.

Also, I kinda wanted to post this earlier but I was dead sooooooo.
WO brought up wolf packs as justification for why Darth shouldn't scum-side, saying that he was deserting the other wolves (me and WO (Though I don't know if I counted cuz I wuz ded)). And I know a bit about this topic, so I'd like to say: Darth was actually acting perfectly normal, he was doing what most maturing wolves would do and leaving the pack to make his own way. Actually the scum were the weird ones for letting him in, that practically never happens. There's only a single condition a pack would accept another. So, @DarthWolf13 how old are you?

I won't be able to post my thoughts on balance until tomorrow, but I'll say for now that I don't think Bodyguard is a protective role. I think it's more a redirection. I'll elaborate more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom