• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash Ketchum's Birthday Today!

Aj4sure125

Reaction score
Welp, today is May 22nd, it's Ash Ketchum's Birthday today (or so sources say it)

He's 10 years old once again, or 31 in real world years? What do you think his age would be?

Happy Birthday you eternal 10 year old guy who always disappoints fans across the globe and never wins a league and gets lots of rivals and got a new voice which caused a major uproar and never won against Alain which caused another major uproar and woke up late like some silly dingus or something and had an unbelievably rocky ride at first but we'll let all that slide away because you've been part of my childhood since God knows when and you've entertained me with your jolly good antics even in those dark and heartwrenching moments...

Now get us a new main character god damn diggaroo doo. ;)

Bulbapedia Ash Ketchum's profile page trivia section said:
The date of Ash's birth, according to Takeshi Shudo's anime novelizations, is 10 years, 10 months, and 10 days exactly prior to the day he began his Pokémon journey. Being that the same novelization declares that Pokémon Trainers obtain their first Pokémon in April of the year following their 10th birthday, and the anime itself began broadcast on the first of that month in 1997 in Japan, Ash's birthday, if April 1 was the first day of his journey, would be May 22.

Oh yeah. I thought I remember reading that detail from the translated summaries of those novels. Considering how some of the information from the novels contradict what we've seen in the show, I don't know how much we can take stuff like even the date at face value, but it is just a nice bit of fun for fans to celebrate Ash's birthday.

Happy birthday Ash!! AND EVOLVE THAT DAMN PIKACHU OF YOURS

EDIT: yes, it's 23rd even in my zone. Happy belated birthday! BUT THERE IS STILL NO EXCUSE NOT TO EVOLVE PIKACHU

Last edited:
I hate to be a wet blanket, but....... Today is May 23rd :oops:, at least according to the time zone I'm posting this message right now.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom