• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's classmates/companions.

This forum really knows what's up! That's why I'm so pumped for the next episode - Suiren is the star and we'll get to potentially uncover more of her potential role in the show.

Oh, and I already claimed her my friend. I ran for that thread once I had enough posts (y) I will hopefully claim her VG version at well, 100 posts!
Hey, mallow needs some love too. Where are all the people that like her character at? Lol!

But seriously, mallow is my favorite one

Lana is my favorite as well. @Kagami

Though I am curious as to how they'll handle the cast when they start traveling around so Ash can do the Island Trials...

How are they going to split the development episodes with all of them? All the companions should just have one pokemon because Ash would get a lot of development episodes so there won't be enough to support more than one pokemon of each companion.

Lana is my favorite as well. @Kagami

Though I am curious as to how they'll handle the cast when they start traveling around so Ash can do the Island Trials...

I don't think it will be much of a problem because I've seen anime with far bigger casts and as long as Pokemon and they were able to do it just fine. You've probably never seen it, but PriPara's cast is huge and that's a kids anime like Pokemon and same answer to @Arceus the Dragon . I agree with you two though! It isn't as easy with the bigger cast though. Maybe there will be less major battles too? I haven"t played the games yet so you guys may know about that!

@jonathan keller - I like them all! Good cast imo! Mallow is popular on myanimelist too!

Pokemon sun&moon has a 7.2 rating on myanimelist. That's huge!
Yeah, Pokemon has been getting more popular with some crowds outside Japan ever since Gen 6! I think the characters are a reason and the increase in animation quality. Granted, Gen 6 was liked by like 90% of watchers. That's why I think the characters have gotten better and less repetitive for the last couple regions.

Yeah, Pokemon has been getting more popular with some crowds outside Japan ever since Gen 6! I think the characters are a reason and the increase in animation quality. Granted, Gen 6 was liked by like 90% of watchers. That's why I think the characters have gotten better and less repetitive for the last couple regions.
See, and people were getting worried about sun&moon. Now they love it! And, i'm one of them.

Hopefully, it can maintain this throughout the series

Ash is a pretty good swimmer I think.

Perfect for lana's fantasies.

I think I might be rooting for her to win the satoshibowl even though no one really wins the satoshibowl.

Mallow seems pretty generic to me and lillie lost the depth she had from the games.

Ash is a pretty good swimmer I think.

Perfect for lana's fantasies.

I think I might be rooting for her to win the satoshibowl even though no one really wins the satoshibowl.

Mallow seems pretty generic to me and lillie lost the depth she had from the games.
Its really early though. I think to soon to say Lillie has lost her depth. I have a feeling all the characters will get more to then eventually.

Thought I'd just pop in and say that my favorite character so far is Kiawe. (y)

I like Kiawe because he seems like the big brother/mentor figure for the others and is serious but not too serious.

Thought I'd just pop in and say that my favorite character so far is Kiawe. (y)

I like Kiawe because he seems like the big brother/mentor figure for the others and is serious but not too serious.
How old is he supposed to be? Kid is jacked... o_o He could probably beat me up and I'm 23!

I know right?! I'm thinking he's maybe a few years older than Ash, at least 13.
When I was 13... I was short and chubby. I thinned out, but I never imagined to be as tough as somebody like him at that age. Funny, being 23 and likely still destroyed by a kid a decade younger than me. Maybe Suiren will heal my wounds after >_<!

Hey, mallow needs some love too. Where are all the people that like her character at? Lol!

But seriously, mallow is my favorite one
Right here! I like the subtle big sister role she's been playing, especially when she scolded Sophocles for the comment he made under his breath about the praise Lana & Popplio were receiving.

It's doubtful they copied and pasted without a second thought. I haven't played the games yet, but was it confirmed that the insignias are for captains? I was thinking that maybe they're like a school badge or even something given to those in a special class. We know there are other students but this class only has six people in it, which is an oddly low number.
I think it said in the trial captain description on the sun&moon website that the insignia they wore was a sign of them being a trial captain.

So far, Kiawe is my favourite of the group. Looking at his Pokémon, listening to him, and witnessing his personality, everything about the guy gives me the impression that he's a better version of Alain.

So I was thinking about Ash's character so far this series (I know this thread is technically not about Ash himself, but I don't see a better place to post this). I find it interesting that after years of neglecting Ash's family and home life, it's suddenly come back into focus. Someone must have thought that the issue with Ash's character wasn't that he was too bland, too serious, too funny or whatever, but that he was difficult for kids to relate to, hence these changes, and hence the effort to play down Ash's heroics. Hence, Ash has suddenly gone from this nomadic, heroic trainer to a boy who, much like most Japanese children, has to go to school, has a home to return to, has a parent/guardian waiting for him at home, and has an everyday life.

And I think, of all the directions they could have gone with his character, this was one of the best things they could have done. There's less focus so far on Ash the trainer and more on Ash the little boy, and he's suddenly becoming more endearing to me.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom