• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"Yeah, well..." She relaxed her hammer-arm, but refused to put the weapon away just yet. "I'm kinda too stressed for that sort of thing right now."

She took a few paces ahead of the group, getting a look at the area that was, in hindsight, a little closer than could be considered wise.
"Alright, what the hell's going on here..?"

The trees behind her then proceeded to stretch their branches to bar her from the rest of the group.
"Megan!" Jake called, drawing his laser sword. He swung at the branches, but strangely, it didn't seem to have much of an effect.
"Damn," Leonel muttered. "Looks like we'll have to find another way. Try not to go too far, alright Meg?"

"Oh, thanks for telling me. I just had the overwhelming urge to tweee off into the sunset, but now that you've said that..." She sighed, turning her head. "Just don't take too long. If I can trust the corner of my eye as well as usual, I'm not alone in here, and whatever's keeping me company is doing a terrible job of staying hidden."

As the group departed, the hole in the ground was consumed by a dark circle, and a black cat rose from it, stepping out of the circle as it shrank into nothingness and leaving solid ground where the hole had been.
This cat was the same one that had previously kidnapped Mary.
"I never intended to stay hidden from you," he grinned maliciously.

"Yeah? Try telling that to the fact that this is literally your first appearance since Mary trapped me in my own mind in the first place."
Acrid sarcasm to mask any other outgoing feelings, she noted. Well, whatever kept her sane. Whatever made it look like she wasn't feeling anything in response to seeing this monstrosity again.

"I was only waiting for you to come to me... and yes, that sister of yours is quite a useful pawn. I think I can get quite a bit more mileage out of her yet. Oh, if only you could find where she went to..."

Something within her that she hadn't realised had been under so much pressure until now, finally snapped. She twirled her hammer effortlessly, and bared her teeth.
"What does it matter?! What does any of it even matter any more?! Nothing I can do in here-- or out there, for that matter-- can do anything to fix what you ruined in the first place! So, you know what? Bite my ass. Literally die choking on my entire ass. You don't get to talk about Mary-- not after what you've done!"

Despite a voice in the back of her head urging not to be so rash-- her mother's sensibilities, she would have presumed, had she the presence of mind to spare-- she charged forwards, swinging her hammer with all the righteous fury she could muster.

Her attack was halted by some sort of dark aura about him.
"You truly think I can be beaten so simply?" he asked, sending out the aura in a wave that knocked her back.

Her ears folded squarely flat and backward, she growled as she propped herself up again, a little slower than before. What else could she do? 'Nothing' certainly wasn't an option...but nothing else was going to work. Maybe...Maybe this time..?
She charged again, nothing escaping her throat beyond a formless, frustrated battle-cry.

She was beyond hearing him at this point. She let out a gasp of air, got back up, and charged again. This had to work eventually. It had to.

This time, the cat assumed a shadowy form and phased right through Megan, countering with a blast of dark energy to the back of her head.
"Don't you get it? It's useless, USELESS!"

"Y...You're...useless..."
Progress was slow, at this point. She could barely stay standing once she had struggled to her feet, resting against her hammer.

The cat slowly walked towards Megan, grinning widely.
"Why don't you face it... You're going to die here, plain and simple. And there's nothing you can do about it."

"Maybe...not..." She met his eyes, a dark, newly-determined gleam in them. "But who says...I have to?"

Right on cue, there came a cry of, "Why don't you back the f**k off?!" as a purple laser-blade sliced into the demon's back, its prismatic edges catching the light as it cleft upwards.

Back
Top Bottom