• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Superhero Bonanza - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for letting me play twice!

I keep having the unluckiness of subbing into doomed mafia spots.

I think mafia was a bit weak. They only had on chance at information, Vig being two time made the usefulness of the BP go down, and commuter and lightning rod can entirely screw over the single strongman. Plus there was no godfather for an unlimited cop, and miller isnt actually that counterproductive usually.

@Pika_pika42 Usually when miller its best to claim day one so cop doesnt waste a check. It also prevents mafia from being able to claim it if they get caught. If one claims miller after day one then they tend to be considered lying scum.

Congrats, town :D

Did you enjoy the game?
A lot!
Was it balanced?
Not sure. Both mafia as 1x Bulletproof made the 2x Vigilante somewhat pointless unless used on the same mafia. Mafia feels a bit weak against Cop, Doctor, Commuter, Lightningrod, Miller. Vig is more likely trouble than good, at least.
Would you play another game like this in the future?
Sure!
What would you have done differently?
Lynch Darth instead of WolfOwl Day 1.
Any other thoughts or comments?
WHO CARES IF THERE IS LITTLE TIME LEFT IN THE PHASE?
Thanks for letting me play twice!

I keep having the unluckiness of subbing into doomed mafia spots.

I think mafia was a bit weak. They only had on chance at information, Vig being two time made the usefulness of the BP go down, and commuter and lightning rod can entirely screw over the single strongman. Plus there was no godfather for an unlimited cop, and miller isnt actually that counterproductive usually.

@Pika_pika42 Usually when miller its best to claim day one so cop doesnt waste a check. It also prevents mafia from being able to claim it if they get caught. If one claims miller after day one then they tend to be considered lying scum.
You mean the luckiness of subbing into the opposite alignment of what you started as, ensuring a win for you?

Agreed on everything but the Vig. If the Vig was 1x the BP would be completely anti-town.

Also agreed but if Pikapika did it I might've excused it just because he is new to the game.

Actually rolecop was unlimited. Check the pm :)
I misunderstood in the QT. Still a pretty weak mafia.

In case anyone is wondering why I self hammered: Why delay the inevitable. There wasn't really any good claims especially since claiming BP would be scummy because the mafia was BP. I did try to win as mafia, but at that point Cheff had screwed the spot over too much, and everyones minds were made up. So if I was going to die, I be damned if I let someone save for me kill me again!

Great game. Congrats Town. :)

Happy that I turned up on the winning side in my very first Mafia game.

I enjoyed it a lot and would love to play again. The flavour text was really good and funny. The idea of a Superhero Bonanza was awesome and totally crazy.

Playing with all of you was real fun. Hoping for a lot of games ahead.

Thanks to @AussieEevee for hosting a great game and to ME for being M.O.D.
Great job town!

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes
Was it balanced?
A little too much on the town side.
Definitely. I like it when players have a role in the set-up.
Claimed a different role or maybe waited a little longer.
Any other thoughts or comments?
Same as Zexy xD

Ah right, speaking of Elementar's claim I kinda suspected he was the regular Cop. One of the reasons I tried too hard to talk about the vig part after Dylan mentioned it is to convince the scum that he's really JOAT. Although I had little hope WO would fall for it, but still tried.

You did claim right, though, at that point we really wanted that scum check to move forward. This kind of 1-1 trade isn't too bad.

Scum was unlikely to have fallen for it due to a rolecop check :)

One of my favourite moments of this game was when Wolfowl asked both cop and vig not to target the same person, which YT agreed with... So they both go and target Zexy, who was commuting.

And i gotta admit, i thought you were done for after your last minute day 1 vote, zexy :p

The only thing about this game i hated was that only hellcrow submitted a superhero i was familiar with. Otherwise, it was a really fun experience, and I'd love to host a ESB2, if everyone else is interested in one. Hopefully a bit more balanced though.

Oh and Wolfowl... Vanilla in a role mania game?

Everyone knows Iron Man.

Spiderman's pretty popular too

Reason i chose a MoD that was familiar with the dc/mcu franchises is because i know next to nothing about them.
One more question I have:

It was fair Wolf Owl subbed as Mafia after being lynched as Town but the reverse wouldn't be permitted, right?

Just making sure.
Correct.

Normally, we'd ask another player but i had no sub sign ups and i just wanted to keep the game flowing.

And i gotta admit, i thought you were done for after your last minute day 1 vote, zexy :p
I thought the same, but Elementar's Cop check ruined it.
Why did you do that WolfOwl, that made no sense and gave it the guaranteed loss.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes I did
Was it balanced?
It seems it leaned some more towards Town.
Absolutely, I loved how we could give characters for the game.
Killed Elementar N1, damn Cop check...

As I said before there was nothing I could claim. People had their minds made up, and both mafia being BP prevents either from a claiming that. There's also the fact that you claimed watcher darth which meant claiming tracker or watcher would be bad for me. I didn't know it was role mania either. A good fake claim is the hardest thing as mafia.

Scum was unlikely to have fallen for it due to a rolecop check :)

One of my favourite moments of this game was when Wolfowl asked both cop and vig not to target the same person, which YT agreed with... So they both go and target Zexy, who was commuting.

The only thing about this game i hated was that only hellcrow submitted a superhero i was familiar with. Otherwise, it was a really fun experience, and I'd love to host a ESB2, if everyone else is interested in one. Hopefully a bit more balanced though.

I was afraid a Vig who wouldn't agree might hit me, hence the commute. Night 1 I didn't actually commute but took the risk, believed that they'd rather not kill me before waiting for my explanation.

I'm never done that easily, Eevee :p

You hosted a Superhero Bonanza but didn't know The Incredibles? That's incredible. I think that hosting Chaos Mafia-like bonanzas of other themes rather than superheroes again is better. Video games next, something else after... and yeah balance needs some work.

Yeah pls. She did the same with POTUS I. That just doesn't work when you sub in as scum, Mido...
It wasn't a stupid question. And seriously, for a beginning player, you're really good. I envy you :) No question is a stupid question ;)
He's right. In his beginning we had trouble reading him and mislynched him and all the uncool newb stuff :) But he's actually grown a lot as a player, I'm glad for it.
As I said before there was nothing I could claim. People had their minds made up, and both mafia being BP prevents either from a claiming that. There's also the fact that you claimed watcher darth which meant claiming tracker or watcher would be bad for me. I didn't know it was role mania either. A good fake claim is the hardest thing as mafia.
Tracker might've worked. In any case, something completely made up that still had risk of being CCd is better than Vanilla this game.

I, on the other hand, have a lot of knowledge regarding both Marvel and DC, but very little outside of that.

My favorite superhero of all times, though, is the Creeper. He's like an anti-Joker. In fact, in his single (speaking) appearance in the DCAU, even the Joker said he was crazy. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom