• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australia to receive 10th anniversary tour: Journey Across Oz to visit several locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the possible tournament rules, as posted on Pokemon Australia.

This was up on A-N, he didn't give a source, so don't know where he got it from...

Gameplay Specifics:
• Players are required to bring their own Game Boy Advance (“GBA”) games (including Pokémon Ruby™, Sapphire™, Emerald™, FireRed™ and LeafGreen™). All battles will be held on a TV screen with a Nintendo Game Cube console playing Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. GBA games will be connected to the Game Cube.
• Tournament structure consists of a series of elimination tournament rounds in which players will be randomly paired against one other player to engage in a Pokémon battle until only one winner remains. Winning players will move up in the ranks to the next opponent.
Official Game Play Rules:
Battle Rules:
• Each battle will be a double (2-on-2) battle.
• Players must have their battling team of up to 6 Pokémon set up in their party before play begins. Each player will select 4 of the 6 Pokémon to use at the beginning of each Battle.
• All Pokémon GameBoy Advance games must be saved at a Pokémon Center before the tournament starts.
• There will be a 30-second time limit to select each move
• There will be an 8-minute overall time limit for each Battle
Entry Pokémon:
• Only characters readily obtainable in the following games may be used: Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed, Pokémon LeafGreen, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD.
• Players may not use the following Pokémon characters; Mew, Celebi, Jirachi or Deoxys.
• It is recommended that all Pokémon be at level 100.
• Players may not have more than one of any Pokémon characters on their team. All four must be different Pokémon characters.
• Players may not enter two Pokémon with the same nickname
• Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (ex: a Treecko nicknamed “Torchic”)
• Players may not use games containing inappropriate or offensive language.
• Players may not use any Pokémon created or altered by “game altering devices,” such as Action Replay or Game Shark
Items:

• All Pokémon may hold Items. Players may not use two of the same Hold Items.
• Players may not use the Soul Dew item or Enigma Berry items
• Players may not use a Wobbuffet holding the Leftovers item.
Attack Moves:
• Players may not cause two or more Pokémon on the same team to be affected by the Sleep Special Condition
• Players may not cause two or more Pokémon on the same team to be affected by the Freeze Special Condition
• User will lose if all Pokémon faint due to “Self Destruct” or “Explosion”.
• Destiny Bond and Perish Song may not be used by the final Pokémon on a team.
• Anyone using games altered with so-called "game enhancers" (to give Pokémon moves they cannot legally learn or stats that are higher than legally possible, among other things) will be disqualified.

well i just restarted my emerald version, so i won't be able to join in. I'd like to, but i guess it'll have to wait for a couple of years. i'm hoping to be past the elite four and have them at a decent battling level (60+) by the time the tour's on. does anyone think it would be really nerdy if i did a survey about peoples favourite pokemon? i really wanna get the most out of this experience. (i'm not exaggerating, when i heard the news of this, i squealed like a 6 year old girl...and for the record, i'm not a 6year old girl, i'm 15)

XD001, When NAL did the Mario Bros and Mario Kart tournaments, about 90% of the participants were pretty much just regular people who rocked up on the day and tried but never really had any chance. Level 60 will be enough to take out most of the participants. I too just restarted my game and I lost my copy of Ruby a million (2) years ago, so I'll be struggling around with Leaf Green but I expect myself to pass at least the first round.

And don't worry, no one will call you a nerd for conducting a survey. If the last Mario event was anything to go by, the entire crowd will be a mixture of kids, paretns and lifelong Nintendo fans. It's really chill and everyone is really keen to discuss videogames.

I'll be going to the Perth one. I'm far more excited about the mass trading taht will be going on than any of this competitive rubbish. Hopefully there'll be a couple of nerds there with hacked legendaries or whatever. But I'm hoping to make a few trades for keeps because there's soemthing really special and swapping Pokémon with other people, like you always have a little dude to remember them by. Oh and I spose they level up quicker too. I've been intentionally catching a few duplicates just for this and Pokémon who evolve when traded are especially popular.

There's now an official website for the tour:
http://pokemontour.nintendo.com.au/

As well as the basic "where and when" that's already been reported it has a whole lot of new information including the official rules for the video game championships, information on some of the other events happening throughout the day as well as details for the smaller Toys 'R' Us events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom