• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battleship: War 1, Battle 3 (The Battle Is Won, But the War Continues)

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Welcome aboard, soldiers. You are signing up to enlist in our new game, Battleship. If any of you remember the Great War of Connect 4, then this will run similarly, but of course the game itself will differ. They say all is fair in love and war, but this battle does require some rules, so here's how the game works:

1. You sign up by posting your interest here. We will be accepting 8 players, and up to 3 subs. Once we have 8 players I will pair you up and we will be ready to start.
  2. Arrange your battleships on your board. Below is a blank board you can copy and paste and an example board. All boards must contain a 5 X ship, a 4 X ship, two 3 X ships, and a 2 X ship. These ships can be placed anywhere on your board but must be either horizontal or vertical (no diagonal), must be contained to the _ spaces, and cannot overlap with each other. When your board is complete send it to me in a PM so I can make sure everything's accounted for. Make sure you save it somewhere you can refer to for later in the game.
  3. Player 1 will post a coordinate (ex C5, F2, A10), then their opponent will post stating whether or not it was a hit and make their own guess. All posts should contain a copy of the opponent's board with all known hits marked with Xs and misses marked with Os. This helps me double check to make sure there's no cheating and helps you keep up with how you're doing.
  4. Once one player has destroyed all of the opponent's ships by hitting every spot occupied by them, that player wins and proceeds to the next round.
  5. Remember that as usual, all global forum rules and War Room rules apply. This includes keeping things civilized. I don't want to see any moaning, groaning, sore losing, sore winning, or underhand guerilla tactics, understood soldiers?
  6. If you are inactive for more than 48 hours without reasonable excuse, you may be replaced by a sub at the request of your opponent.
  7. And the number 1 most important rule to remember when going to war is to enjoy yourself. Because that's what it's all about, right?
If anyone has any questions, please let me know below.

Blank Board
▫ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
B _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
C _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
D _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
E _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
F _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
G _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
H _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
J _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Example of a completed board
▫ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A X _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
B X _ X X X X _ _ _ _
C X _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
D X _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
E X _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
F _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
G _ _ _ _ X X X _ _ _
H _ X _ _ _ _ _ _ X _
I _ X _ _ _ _ _ _ X _
J _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ X _

Players:
1. @Elementar (WINNER!)
2. @Soulmaster
3. @WolfOwl (WINNER!)
4. @Zexy
5. @Slife (WINNER!)
6. @Max1996
7. @MatrixChap
8. @Pikochu (WINNER!)

Subs
1. @jdthebud

Last edited:
What was ME's post referring to? Is he joining as a sub or a regular player? I'm confused.
He's not playing, it was just a joke post.
I'll be the last spot.
Awesome! All of our main player spots are filled! If anyone would like to sub you still can tell me any time, but we'll be starting in a few hours most likely.

Dang, too late. Guess I'll sub then.
Sorry, this filled up pretty quick. I'll add you as a sub.

Also sorry this hasn't started yet y'all. Got caught up in the US presidential debate and then homework last night. Hopefully I'll be able to get this rolling in about two hours from now. In the meantime feel free to tinker with your gameboards that you'll be submitting once you know your partner

Ahoy there! Sorry for the long wait. At this point I have arranged you into groups (just based on the order you joined, as shown below) and I am ready to accept your game boards!

I just made my next points into a list so they're easier to follow:
  • When you're ready, PM your completed game board to me (and only me)
  • Please try to have your game board to me within 24 hours if possible so you and your opponent can start asap
  • When I have both game boards from a group, I will let you know that that group can begin
  • Player A will make the first move
  • Make sure you review the rules listed in the first post so you'll know exactly what format to put things in
  • And as always, if you have any questions please message me about them or ask them in this thread
Group 1:
a) @Elementar
b) @Soulmaster

Group 2:
a) @WolfOwl
b) @Zexy

Group 3:
a) @Slife
b) @Max1996

Group 4:
a) @MatrixChap
b) @Pikochu

Hey Enzap, I'll be getting on my computer tomorrow, is it okay if I wait till then? Positioning the ships would be hard on a tablet...

Back
Top Bottom