• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I honestly do not know why some of these companies even bother with allowing you to upload a resume. You end up having to put in all of the information anyway.

Yeah, that's why I forced myself to take time off after last semester and actually do some travelling (hadnt done any travelling (besides going to LA to take an exam) since... I dunno, 2004?). Going again at the end of the year cause, like you said, balance~

You gotta do what you gotta do to energize yourself. Don't overwork yourself to death and enjoy life as much as you can. =)

Yeah, we only get one shot at life, so might as well enjoy it, right? :p I guess I just feel like at my age I should've been done with school a long time ago. That's my own personal issue though. Not judging anyone else on stuff like that.

In other news, I was coming home from work today, taking the elevator in the parking garage to get back to my car. There was this kid coughing up a storm outside the elevator and when she and her mum got on, her mum had her push all of the elevator buttons. Are you serious, woman?? This is a bloody HOSPITAL, maybe don't try to get the doctors sick and the patients sicker, yeah? ffs

I've always heard it said that if you don't want to get sick, don't go to a hospital :p

That's actually really true, for reasons other than bratty kids and terrible parents. Where are there a lot of antibiotics being used? Hospitals. So where would antibiotic-resistant bacteria develop? In hospitals. *thumbs up*

Plus, people who are there sick for other reasons, trying their best, and unintentionally passing on their cold anyway.

That's why I never get a flu shot anyone. Someone in line always already has it. Just bad luck on my part is all.

I never get a flu shot because it makes zero sense for me to do so. Not only do I work in a hospital, but Miami is a port town. We get tourists from all over the world, and the flu in one part of the world is not always the same strains in the vaccine given here, so people who get infected before travelling end up being symptomatic when they get here and then get people here sick. Besides that, there are tons of strains of flu and the vaccine is always either a tetravalent or quadrivalent (3 strains or 4 strains combined), and the strains included are an educated guess based on statistics and also what strains showed up in that area the year before.

Plus, my immune system is boss. If I do actually ever get the flu it only lasts about three days anyway, not weeks like most people, so meh, no biggie.

*Note: I still forced my parents to get the higher-dose vaccine this year because it was a kind of nasty strain and my parents are both over 70. It's not good for older people to get the flu.

I honestly do not know why some of these companies even bother with allowing you to upload a resume. You end up having to put in all of the information anyway.

Because HR looks at the details but the CV is looked by the office who you will work under.

Back
Top Bottom