• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Makes The Gen 8 Pokédex (forum game)

Strangest Fakemon Line?

• Sandicoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Urtox/Poisurchin

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Falcling/Falcry/Falpierce

• Taranoir

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Terrarva/Wormund

• Eruptaur

• Hypnopillar/Hypnocoon/Hypnomoth

• Nucklode/Atlastom

• Rabbiquake/Lagoquake

• Luckatross

• Platysplash/Platycurse/Platyhex

• Oiliougna/Oigulfsifna

• Florkid/Natugoat/Cragoat

• Valaise/Aiserolt/Valaisus

• Electreetah

• Embrakid/Slazeman

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Canungi/Artilongi

• Aquapooh/Hydroteddy/Wetursa

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Celloxious

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Rupidix/Hyripix/Fortulix

• Minfall/Vapon/Fersword

• Glarette

• Oriling/Papierane/Aluimicket

• Longby/Longallion

• Ivare/Budjure/Silvatrix

• Toxicle

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Dalmabud

• Carnox/Noxitaur

• Smokito/Roaskito/Mosskito/Goskito

• Norgeist

• KnightArm0.1/KnightArm2.0/ Darkight-Error

• Prawna

• F-oo

• Locktite

• Psyphon

• Ramizar

• Innaria

• Tanjoosi/Citrange

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll admit I may not have had reasonable expectations when I chose the name. A lesson for next time for me.

The reason I found it kinda amusing is the things actually do look a bit like tiny little bears.

They're puns.

"Aqua" basically means water. Pooh is the name of a fictional teddy bear. Aquapooh = Water bear.

"Hydro" sometimes refers to water. Teddy as in teddy bear. Hydroteddy = Water bear

Wet is self-explanatory. "Ursa" is the root of "ursine" and means bear. Wetursa = Water bear.

They're puns.

"Aqua" basically means water. Pooh is the name of a fictional teddy bear. Aquapooh = Water bear.

"Hydro" sometimes refers to water. Teddy as in teddy bear. Hydroteddy = Water bear

Wet is self-explanatory. "Ursa" is the root of "ursine" and means bear. Wetursa = Water bear.

But where does the fire Type come in? That is what I get for not checking the organism's page

But where does the fire Type come in? That is what I get for not checking the organism's page

From the sheer number of biomes the tardigrade is found in. Outer space, the Antarctic, the deepest of sea trenches, pressures that don't exist on Earth... it survives them all. I basically compromised because I can't pick three types and picked the two types that I felt most accurately fit the range of environments the creature has.

download.jpg

@TM28 Make Locktite's BST 470 while you're at it, please, since it's counterpart to Klefki. It leans more towards a defensive distribution.

Here's what I was thinking for BSTs and the remaining abilities for the regional variants (at some point I forgot to add abilities).

Terrarva: 290 BST- 40/60/45/45/30/70 Abilities: Swarm/Sand Rush/Arena Trap (HA)
Wormud: 505 BST- 70/100/80/80/55/120 Abilities: Swarm/Sand Rush/Arena Trap (HA)

Luxray: 523 BST- 80/120/69/90/69/95 Abilities: Keen Eye/Intimidate/Strong Jaw (HA)

Trapinch: 290 BST- 50/40/35/60/50/55 Abilities: Swarm/Arena Trap
Vibrava: 340 BST- 50/60/50/70/50/60 Ability: Levitate
Flygon: 520 BST- 80/90/80/100/80/90 Ability: Levitate

Zigzagoon: 240 BST- 30/45/30/45/30/60 Abilities: Static/Quick Feet/Motor Drive (HA)
Linoone: 420 BST- 60/70/50/70/50/120 Abilities: Static/Quick Feet/Motor Drive (HA)

Lillipup: 275 BST- 45/55/60/45/45/25 Abilities: Fur Coat/Sand Veil/Overcoat (HA)
Herdier: 370 BST- 65/70/80/60/60/35 Abilities: Fur Coat/Sand Veil/Overcoat (HA)
Stoutland: 500 BST- 75/100/110/75/90/50 Abilities: Fur Coat/Snow Cloak/Overcoat (HA)

Tropeewee- 290 BST- 40/55/35/65/60/35 Abilities: Chlorophyll/Solar Power/Harvest (HA)
Tropiopod- 540 BST- 80/125/90/100/80/65 Abilities: Intimidate/Solar Power/Harvest (HA)

*Evolution notes:
Tropeewee can be bred using the Tropical Incense
Tropeewee evolves into Tropius at Lv. 30
Tropius evolves into Tropiopod by leveling up in a designated jungle/tropical area (examples from other regions: Rt. 119 in Hoenn, Rt. 229 in Sinnoh, Rt. 18 in Unova, Lush Jungle in Alola)

Growlithe: 350 BST- 55/70/45/70/50/60 Intimidate/Strong Jaw/Pressure (HA)
Arcanine: 555 BST- 90/110/80/100/80/95 Intimidate/Strong Jaw/Pressure (HA)

*Evolution notes: The Growlithe variant evolves into the Arcanine variant by using a new evolutionary stone called the Draco Stone

Tauros: 490 BST- 75/100/95/40/70/110 Abilities: Guts/Anger Point/Sand Rush (HA)

Ledian- 400 BST- 60/120/40/50/40/90 Abilities: Iron Fist/Unburden/No Guard (HA)

*Evolution notes: Ledyba evolves into this Ledian variant when it learns a punching move.

Paras: 285 BST- 35/45/50/70/60/25 Abilities: Possession/Cursed Body/Symbiosis (HA)
Parasect: 405 BST- 70/55/60/100/80/40 Abilities: Possession/Cursed Body/Symbiosis (HA)

*Ability notes: Possession is a new ability that deals 1/4 damage to the target's allies when the Pokemon attacks (i.e. let's say Parasect goes against a Horde of Psyducks, Parasect would target one Psyduck which would take full damage and the other 4 would take 1/4 damage).

Helioptile- Abilities: Solar Power/Lightning Rod/Receiver (HA)
Heliolisk: 481 BST- 62/55/52/109/94/109 Abilities: Solar Power/Lightning Rod/Receiver (HA)

*Evolution notes: The Helioptile variant evolves into the Heliolisk variant by using a Fire Stone

Maybe in a future post I'll do movesets.

Also... some evolution notes for additions to existing Pokemon I made..

Kanga (Evolves by happiness depending on gender) > Kangaskhan (Male, Normal/Fighting) <> Mega Kangaskhan Male (Normal/Fighting, ability remains parental bond)

Kanga's BST will be 250, and Kangaskhan Male will have 490 BST, but a different distribution, sacrificing HP for Sp. attack and speed, becoming a mixed attacker.
---

Pikachu Variant evolves into Raichu Variant through fire stone.

Ok, first end game poll. Best Fakemon line, you get 5 votes, and the top 3 choices will be given awards ranging from Gold, Silver, and Bronze.

Will also update the OP with the above posts.

Here's some details about Tanjoosi and Citrange

Tanjoosi
Grass/Water
Water Absorb/Shed Skin
300 BST
Similar to Cherubi and Bounsweet this Pokemon is round with short pointed legs. Its fruit body is orange and its legs along with a small stem and two leaves are green.

Citrange
Grass/Water
Water Absorb/Harvest
500 BST
A bipedal walking tree Pokemon. The branches on its head from an afro of leaves where most of its fruit is produced. Its arms also have a ring of leaves around its wrists.

Associated Moves and Abilities:
-Quench - Water, Status, 10 PP; restores 50% of the target's maximum HP. If the target has a status condition then this move removes that instead of restoring HP.
-Citrus Blast - Water, Special, 75 BP, 10 PP; if the target was already damaged this attack does 50% more damage.
-Harvest now also works like Pick Up but with an item table of only berries.

Also I was thinking about having some kind of color variations a bit like Flabebe. I was also thinking about there being a mechanic tied to these variants but I'm not quite sure what I want it to do.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom