• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden OU Tournament #001 (FINISHED)

Reaction score
We'll be trying to do regularly scheduled tournaments here in the Battle Center, in a variety of formats. While the more standard battle formats (OU and VGC) will be featured most prominently, there will also be tournaments for other formats so look forward to those as well!

We'll be keeping records of the winners for each tournament up on a sticky thread so do your best! The rules and tournament format may be adjusted on future iterations so feedback and suggestions are always welcome :)
-----------------------------
Rules:
  • The tournament will be a single elimination bracket, best of 3 games.
All Pokemon above OU are banned.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are not permitted in play.
Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also having a move that boosts Speed and a move that boosts another stat.
Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • For example, a Slowbro holding a Leppa Berry can create an endless battle using the moves Recycle, Heal Pulse, Slack Off, and Block. To do so, Slowbro traps one of the opponent's Pokemon, PP stalls it, and heals Struggle damage indefinitely using Heal Pulse and Slack Off.

Banned Items:
Kangaskhanite
Gengarite
Lucarionite
Mawilite
Salamencite
Soul Dew

Banned Abilities:
Shadow Tag
  • Once a battle has been done, post in this thread for verification. Having both sides verify the result is preferred but replays of the battle can also be PM'd to me for verification.
  • Players are allowed to make changes to their team throughout the tournament.
  • Any violation of the rules will result in disqualification from the tournament and possible actions against future participation.
Participants:
MachDragonX (Dr. Clay Forrester)
2. Slife (ZyFlux)
3. Etrian Oddity (Etrian Oddity)
4. JustJeff (MarikaBestGirl)
5. Alexey (Medium Steak)
6. -Glory Blaze- (UnfinishedSymphony)
7. Stitsworth (Stitsworth)
8. Kirby4ever (Kirby4ever)

Signups are on a first come, first serve basis.

*Tournament pairings will be announced once we reach 16 participants. If there are less than 16 participants by Friday midnight PST (June 24), then the tournament will start with the first 8 participants. Subsequent entries will be counted as substitutes, with priority ordered based on their entry time.

Tournament Bracket

ROUND 1
Alexey vs. Kirby4ever
JustJeff vs. -Glory Blaze
Stitsworth vs. Slife
Etrian Oddity vs. MachDragonX

ROUND 2
Alexey vs. JustJeff
Slife vs. MachDragonX

FINALS
Alexey vs. MachDragonX
3rd place (JustJeff vs. Slife)​

Last edited:
I'm in. Do you want us to post our Showdown usernames when we sign up?

Oh, and I forgot to ask: are we allowed to change out teams in either this or the VGC tourney mid-way through?

Oh, and I forgot to ask: are we allowed to change out teams in either this or the VGC tourney mid-way through?
Players are not restricted to using the same team throughout the tournament.
I gotchu BAG.

Hmm I'll reword it so it sounds simpler..."allowed to change " instead of "not restricted" so it's more direct.

I'm in! :D I'm Kirby4ever on Showdown. ;)
Thank you for being our 8th entrant and saving me from filling in and embarrassing myself.
---------------
And matchups are set for round 1!
@Alexey vs. @Kirby4ever
@JustJeff vs. @-Glory Blaze-
@Stitsworth vs. @Slife
@Etrian Oddity vs. @MachDragonX

Matches are best of 3, single elimination.

Please try to get your matches done within 7 days, and post here once you finish to verify the results. You can also post replays here or PM them to me if you'd like, though it's not necessary. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Yeah, I kinda sucked in those matches, but at least I got an excuse to use my Fairy team again. Hype for BBL Season 5 building...

GG, Mach, best of luck to you in your later match(es).

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom